HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs   Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:48 am

I found a really nice thread of HQ images of various troops and K9 units deployed around the world. As a dog lover I think they are great and not really controversial in of themselves, but if mods think this should be in the rubber room feel free to move it.

For the full thread, go here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs   Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:25 am

Absolutely Cool!

Thanks for posting that link, Greyson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs   Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Cool pics Greyson thanks for posting, its amazeing to see what dogs can be trained to do and Im sure at times they must be a comfort to have around for there fellow soldiers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs   Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Hey those are awesome shots! Thanks for putting those up. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs   Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Its amazing how people can train them to do stuff like that. I barely got mine past house training, sit , and laydown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs   Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:39 pm

Likely a Belgian Malinois. They're very cool dogs. Gal at the coffee place I used to work has one, sweet as pie, but don't eff with her. Laughing They're a little leaner and smaller than German Shepherds.

http://www.globalanimal.org/2011/05/05/german-shepherd-belgian-malinois-bin-laden-hero-dog-is-top-secret/38799/

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs   Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:54 pm

The trip here before this we had a working dog with that unit that was absolutely awesome. She was a doll off the leash but as soon as her harness was on she was serious. Then we had two wild Afghani dogs on the firebase that absolutely hated the Afghanis and would actually go out on patrol with the guys on their own. And eventually we got puppies on the firebase that we started to raise just before I left that site. There is a rule about wild dogs on the bases over here, but they raised morale to have them around and it wasn't exactly a normal unit of guys up there I worked with so they didn't give a darn about that rule. Let's see a cat lover take their precious little muffins into a combat zone to find bombs affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs   Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:56 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:21 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:
http://www.slate.com/slideshows/news_and_politics/cats-of-war.html#slide_4

Heheheh

Cool

cheers cheers cheers Let 'em land on their feet. EPIC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:30 am

^Poor kitties. They'll have a couple of Afghani hating dogs waiting for them upon landing, too. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs   Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:40 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:51 pm

The muzzle isn't for the dog, it's so the p-trooper doesn't get dog lips and drool flappin' in his face. Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs   Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:23 pm

Where's the doggie diaper?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs   Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:27 am

kaiser83 wrote:
Where's the doggie diaper?

Lol, I was gonna say! I would imagine some of those dogs empty their bladder as soon as they exit the aircraft. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers and dogs   Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:50 am

Great link - thanks for sharing.

Regards

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs   Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:03 pm

Dave_In_Philly wrote:

Well, actually you could strap a cat across your waist and parachute into Afghanistan, but I doubt the cat nor the solder would enjoy the trip down! Laughing Laughing Laughing affraid

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mans best friend at war - Soldiers and dogs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: