HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Kyle says "gum it up" with more photos!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Kyle says "gum it up" with more photos!!   Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:37 pm

OK Kyle,
I'll gum up the thread with a few more photos of that Cross Cut Panel Pipe. Very Happy Very Happy And after breaking this in with several bowls it is an extraordinary smoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Kyle says "gum it up" with more photos!!   Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:27 pm

...oh my... I love you

That's one of the prettiest shades/grains of briar I've ever seen.

Not kidding. Whoever cut that knew what they were doing. Someone couldn't have drawn a better way to use a panel pipe.

Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Kyle says "gum it up" with more photos!!   Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Just shows that the boys in Bean Town know what they are doing, pipe wise as well as tobacco's. I love the two Peretti's I have along with the Royal Blend I smoke in 'em Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sstodvictory

Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Kyle says "gum it up" with more photos!!   Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:17 pm

What a Great pipe! The shank and stem remind me of a Savinelli I once owned, only rotated 90 deg.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

PostSubject: Re: Kyle says "gum it up" with more photos!!   Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Yep,
Turn that Savinelli on its side and you've got some great birds eye grain. Giubileo D'oro are the top of the line in Savinelli for sure. Big $$$.
Thanks for the photo.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Kyle says "gum it up" with more photos!!   Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:15 pm

That's a beautiful pipe, Doc. Thanks for the additional pictures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Kyle says "gum it up" with more photos!!   Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:07 pm

My late Pap had a chunky panel pipe. I remember this well from my youth.

He never smoked it in my presence as far as I can remember, but I always thought it was very "manly" and distinctive.

Sadly it was one of the dozen or so pipes I never got to inherit since his second wife threw them all out after he quit smoking, and I wasn't into pipes at the time.

Need to pick up a panel at some point. And I like yours doc.

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Kyle says "gum it up" with more photos!!   Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:49 am

This is the way ideally it should be done. A gorgeous piece of briar, dedicated to one of your favorite blends. Thanks for sharing these additional pics Andy. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

PostSubject: Re: Kyle says "gum it up" with more photos!!   Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:04 am

Thanks again for the kind replies everyone. I'm liking this pipe more as each day goes by, it really does smoke like a dream. Last night had another bowl of Wilderness, great stuff.
Andy
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kyle says "gum it up" with more photos!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: