HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:44 pm

afro

asmoke

Registration date : 2011-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Rob_In_MO wrote:
Yup, time to start saving up. Cool

Saving? You got a credit card dontcha? Twisted Evil

Yes I do, but I also have a wife - who wouldn't see the benefit in a transaction like this. I think it's a great deal, but to keep the peace I have to convince her of that - especially with the holidays coming up. santa

Spoken like a married man who wants to stay married... excellent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.andrewstaplespipes.com
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:56 pm

asmoke wrote:
Spoken like a married man who wants to stay married... excellent.

Yeah - and cheaper that way too! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
melahn52

Registration date : 2011-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:19 pm

The twins have arrived!

My BOB POYs arrived in the post yesterday, and I thought the Brothers like to see 'em. They are both stout pipes, with real weight. The horn ferrule has subtle differences between the two.The nomenclature is the name of the design (B&T or Coral) the date in mall script, and BOB FORUM below. I'll break each in over the coming days, likely with a favorite tobak such as H&H Magnum Opus, or Esoterica Penzance.

-Kevin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:45 pm

Really, really, really cool. Glad you boys are diggin' 'em. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:55 pm

It's a good thing we have until the end of the year to order them - it's gonna take me that long to figure out which I want more. I'm not sure I want to set aside the funds for both, and as I've nearly doubled my pipe collection in the last year (and have one commission waiting in the wings) I'm not sure how much more PAD the missus is going to tolerate.

At first, I was all about the B&T; then I really started eyeballing the coral. Now, seeing them side by side, I almost just want to flip a coin!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:00 pm

melahn52 wrote:
The twins have arrived!

My BOB POYs arrived in the post yesterday, and I thought the Brothers like to see 'em. They are both stout pipes, with real weight. The horn ferrule has subtle differences between the two.The nomenclature is the name of the design (B&T or Coral) the date in mall script, and BOB FORUM below. I'll break each in over the coming days, likely with a favorite tobak such as H&H Magnum Opus, or Esoterica Penzance.

-Kevin

Nice Kevin, nice. You got both versions, something I was agonizing about as I liked them both but the B&T won out.

Looking at the B&T you got, it appears the shank is smooth where mine is rusticated like the original version-

Did you request this? Just curious, as it looks good but is not the same as mine. Ya, I'm a nosy bassard....

Razz

And it appears you may have gotten the original Coral since no one else has chimed in.

This Tinsky is my very first and probably won't be my last either. Great pick-ups bro.

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:07 pm

I have to admit, the smooth shank makes that pipe so much sexier. The rusticated was nice, but the smooth is sexy. It's like comparing Ann-Margret and Sophia Loren.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:17 pm

When Mark makes a B&T he usually rusticates where the briar tells him to, and divides up the rusticated and smooth portions to showcase the briar best. The individual B&T pieces in a specific shape are often quite different. You got a couple of great lookers there Smile

melahn52

Registration date : 2011-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:35 pm

Brewdude-
No, I did not request anything special from Mark Tinsky. My only comms with Mark was his acknowledgement of my initial order, and the estimate for delivery time, which was spot on.

I'm quite pleased with them both. The photos don't do justiice to the 'presence' these pipes have. They definately make a statement.
- Kevin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:03 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
When Mark makes a B&T he usually rusticates where the briar tells him to, and divides up the rusticated and smooth portions to showcase the briar best. The individual B&T pieces in a specific shape are often quite different. You got a couple of great lookers there Smile

Ah, I see now. Thanks for the clarification PD.

Cheers,

RR

Last edited by Brewdude on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zjgilbert

Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:20 am

Shocked Better start selling plasma...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccoreviews.com/reviewer_detail.cfm?UID=7802
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:10 am

I think I'll wait til next month;
estimated taxes are due Monday. Mad
Actually, I could pay late, due to Isaac,
but I still have to pay, so why put it off.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:07 pm

Can anyone tell me what this bad boy weighs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:18 pm

I just weighed mine on my small digital eletronic scale and it was 85.0 gm (about 3.0 oz.). It has not only a 'presence' it has some heft! Feels great in the hand, smokes like a champ. A real winner all the way around.

View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Another question - what are the interior bowl measurements? approximately Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Slide wrote:
Another question - what are the interior bowl measurements? approximately Very Happy

My B&T measures 7/8" diam x approx 1 3/8" deep.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:01 pm

Slide...if you filled that bowl full of some of your Black Irish XX...you'd know you'd had a smoke! Very Happy

View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:39 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Slide...if you filled that bowl full of some of your Black Irish XX...you'd know you'd had a smoke! Very Happy

Laughing My heart rate goes up just thinking about it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:53 am

I'm afraid this one might be a bit too large for my tastes. Doesn't sound like a clencher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:55 am

There's that evil voice inside your head saying those bad things.

View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:13 am

What!!!! You can clench ANY pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sorringowl

Registration date : 2010-08-08

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:19 pm

Saw Mark's pipes at the West Coast Pipe Show last weekend and met the man himself and, I have to say, I was really blown away by his work! Mark is a really nice guy and, he's super prolific to boot! He had his table filled with pipes! I really liked the Black & Tans and the Naked Corals. Really nice work. Really nice guy. Might have to get one of these...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Love my B&T so much that I just might have to spring for the Coral next. Or another one of Marks pipes. Lots of good 'uns to choose from on his site!

tongue

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Just ordered up my B&T...SCORE cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Community In Action-
Jump to: