HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Thanks, Brother

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Thanks, Brother   Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:15 am

...I got an anonymous box today (the gift card inside said just that), with a tin of C&D Star of the East and some Erinmore Flake...

Whoever you are, thank you. That really brightened my day. I've wanted to try SOTE for a while, but I always forgot to get a tin. Someone did their homework, and it was well received.

I'll review Star properly when I get into it.

Seriously, thanks again. Unexpected and appreciated.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Thanks, Brother   Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:28 am

Aw shucks, yer welcome.

(If they're gonna be anonymous,
somebody oughtta take credit.) Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Thanks, Brother   Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:30 am

Pfff, no one who actually did it is going to take credit for it. Laughing I wouldn't. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Thanks, Brother   Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:53 am

I could swear Rob has been offering up a sample of Erinmore to you for some time now. I'd have to ID him as the culprit in my police lineup. Makes sense him paying it forward after his recent "Anonymous" bombing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Thanks, Brother   Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:26 am

I agree, but he'll never 'fess up to it. Laughing Plus, if it really were him, there would have been some kind of nasty, lollipop-flavored tobacco with everything else, maybe with an "eff you" thrown in for good measure.

Or he's obfuscating his normal methods for enigmatic drama. scratch

Who knows. Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean68

Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: Culture.   Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:55 am

So, this culture of sharing that overwhelms this Brotherhood is fascinating and beautiful. It is hard to find this is many of today's communities (although I am hard pressed to imagine what I would "bomb" someone with on a motorcycle forum). I hope that when I return home I am not so overcome with my domestic responsibilites that I forget to share my favorites with my friends here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Thanks, Brother   Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:42 am

Good stuff, glad to see you have some pleasant surprise in the ruff time you been having lately. This is a great community of guys and reading a post like this while I drink my coffee in the morning helps me deal with all the buttholes at work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Thanks, Brother   Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:23 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Plus, if it really were him, there would have been some kind of nasty, lollipop-flavored tobacco with everything else, maybe with an "eff you" thrown in for good measure.

Damn right I would've! Laughing

You'd have gotten a few baggies of Lane Bulks and a couple of goopy blends like before. Either that or a pouch of Smoker's Pride with the appropriate 'Eff You Kyle' - like when you got bombed.

Seriously, that's cool! I got a pipe here recently (still don't know who sent it), and now you...

This makes me wonder - Who's Next? Are these just random acts of Brotherly Kindness? Or is this part of a larger, more sinister plot?

Imagine that - Me - asking if there's a larger, more sinister Plot in the works. Talk about Irony...

cheers

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Thanks, Brother   Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:27 am

Sean68 wrote:
I hope that when I return home I am not so overcome with my domestic responsibilities that I forget to share my favorites with my friends here...

Don't worry, Brother, we'll still be here. Actually there's a few of us on here that are looking forward to meeting you in person and having a smoke together. That is, as long as you don't come toward us with a string of 50-cal ammo strapped to you. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Thanks, Brother   Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:25 pm

When I'm not working, every morning I check in here. I have a pipe in hand, and treat this place like the local diner while reading the morning paper. I have friends, news, funnies, and once in a while, someone goes above and beyond and amazes me with their craftsmanship, stories, or generosity.

Bombing aside, I'm not really sure I'd be as level-headed as I am without this place. I have friends here. A random box of stuff is icing on the cake. Going through this much and still managing to feel fortunate and thankful is a big task. Smile

So, thanks, guys, all of you. For all you do. Here's to being able to pay it forward again real soon to the next Brother who needs it. *raises glass*

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean68

PostSubject: Re: Thanks, Brother   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:12 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
So, thanks, guys, all of you. For all you do. Here's to being able to pay it forward again real soon to the next Brother who needs it. *raises glass*

Cool

Cheers, Brother!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Thanks, Brother   Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:14 pm

I think I can sense somebody with a group hug emoticon on the horizon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean68

PostSubject: Re: Thanks, Brother   Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Sean68 wrote:
I hope that when I return home I am not so overcome with my domestic responsibilities that I forget to share my favorites with my friends here...

Don't worry, Brother, we'll still be here. Actually there's a few of us on here that are looking forward to meeting you in person and having a smoke together. That is, as long as you don't come toward us with a string of 50-cal ammo strapped to you. Twisted Evil

Rob, I do hope that I get to meet some of you in person as I travel about. I might even use meeting some of you as an excuse to ride around the country over the next few summers.

And no worries about any ammo; although I am likely to come with loud exhaust notes from my motorcycle...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Thanks, Brother   Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:56 am

I think you guys just like the body friction.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
221Anonymous

Registration date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Thanks, Brother   Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:28 am

The Shadow Knows
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Thanks, Brother   Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:14 am

Kyle is gonna be on a hunt to find out who you are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com

Thanks, Brother
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1