HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rothnh

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes   Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:01 am

Hello all. I joined BoB a week or two ago, but am just getting around to posting on the Welcome Wagon here.

A bit about me. I am a retired Army officer who, after getting an offer I couldn't refuse, went to work as a civilian consultant (for lack of a better term) for the Army. I retired (for good) in 2006. I live on on the coast (literally) in mid-coast Maine. I first started smoking pipes 40+ years ago. I'd been smoking cigars much more often until more recently when I was gifted a really nice pipe and decided to unpack my "cellar" ... since then, I smoke my pipes 2-3 times a day and a cigar about one a week.

Well I guess that's enough for now. Happy to be here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes   Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:11 am

Welcome to the forum! I bet that cellar has some good stuff after the hiatus!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes   Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:11 am

Welcome to BoB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rothnh

PostSubject: Re: Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes   Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:40 am

Thanks guys. BTW, the "cellar" fit in one rather small moving box. Sure, there's some old stuff in there and much of it is quite good (at least I think so, I haven't tried very much of it). I should get more 8 ounce mason jars and reorganize much of it, actually. But the unopened tins I'll leave as-is until I get around to opening one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:15 am

Welcome to BoB, even if you were an officer, it is a pleasure to have another Army man round here. I look forward to hearing about some of those aged tins once you pop them open.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes   Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:37 am

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time reading & posting here

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes   Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:36 am

Welcome to the Brotherhood!

Please come back often and join in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes   Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Welcome to the BoB forums brother! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean68

Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: Welcome!   Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Top of the morning to you, Sir!

You will have to forgive us. There are many prior enlisted in this communtiy. Cynicism abounds!!!

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes   Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Welcome rothnh, a pleasure to have you here with us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes   Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Welcome from Maryland. The coast of Maine sounds like a great place to retire. I'm an Army brat, my pop is a retired SGM (93 years young!). I'm looking forward to hearing your insights with 40 years of experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rothnh

PostSubject: Re: Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes   Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Sean68 wrote:
Top of the morning to you, Sir!

You will have to forgive us. There are many prior enlisted in this communtiy. Cynicism abounds!!!

Welcome!

Well I actually started out as a PVT/E-1, made SGT/E-5 and after 5.5 years enlisted Army, was offered a commission in the Navy -- public affairs actually. I spent 3.5 years with the Navy (through the U.S. Bicentennial, Tall Ships, etc.), then transferred back to the Army as a 1LT. I stuck with it -- through various periods of active duty, National Guard, Army Reserve and retired as a Lt. Col., alternating assignments in personnel (AG) and a few public affairs billets sprinkled in as well.

The stints in the Guard and the Reserve allowed me to spend some time in broadcasting, film and advertising when those opportunities came up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
winterland

Registration date : 2012-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes   Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:34 am

Welcome. This board will help get your pipe smoking going again for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes   Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:13 am

Welcome and thank you for your service to the country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
ejames

Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes   Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Welcome to BOB ! Since you had some Navy time you can't be all bad! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ozarksouthpawpipes.com/index.html
Boulder

Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes   Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Hello and Welcome to the BoB forum. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Fairly New Here But Not New to Pipes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1