HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Dave (in Philly) is one proud daddy, Scotties. He posts plenty of pictures of his microhuman. Laughing It surely isn't based on gender alone. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Yeah - I think Jers posted a pic not long ago, showing him and his son.

Oh yeah, now I remember where that pics was. Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
christeaux

Registration date : 2011-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Call me ignorant, and I'm but why did everyone start posting pictures of their own children after seeing/reading this...pageant kid (or whatever it's called) story? Is it kind of like when someone posts a picture of an abused dog they feel bad for everyone makes themselves feel better by posting taken-care of dogs? I've seen that on animal forums. Or is it a contest to see who has a better child? I really just wondering, not criticizing or telling anyone how to raise babies or any of that--as if I'd know.

Asking a genuine question above (so please don't take offense, I know people get pretty upset if you even look at their kids the wrong way, hence my repeated eggshell walking), because the whole child-rearing thing is substantially Martian to me (not a hobby I could get into), but I do like learning about people's reasons and thoughts. I figured I'd ask among friends.

Wow, that wasn't a awkward way of approaching that at all. Neutral

*sigh*

Because no one can guilt or nag you into doing something better than a woman can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:09 pm

No idea how that is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
christeaux

Registration date : 2011-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:09 pm

I don't prefer to post pictures of myself or my family on the internet, however my wife was sitting with me and I must be ashamed of my daughter if I can't post a picture just like everyone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:16 pm

I can post pictures of my houseplants. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Shows like this are the reason the outdoors was invented...
The only reason I watch Television is for
A. The News
B. The Discovery Channel
C. The Military Channel
and
D. The History Channel

But that's only for about half an hour when I'm somewhere where I can watch TV. I don't have cable at my house.
Back on topic;
Pageants that recognize children's talent and beauty are one thing, but a show about a specific girl who is sexualized with the help of her "MOTHER" makes me sick. This is one of the "Poke it with a stick" kind of entertainments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Anyone that gets sexual notions from that mother or her daughter should be pitied (and that isn't to say big girls can't be attractive). I think it's more a forced freakshow than it is a sex show. Never know these days, however.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaluddite

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Thank God for PBS and National Public Radio! Lord protect us all from commercial broadcasting as it inexorably drags us down the toilet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:46 pm

PBS and NPR have their own shill game going on, though. Different players, different rules, same result. Producers are brilliant, albeit very greedy, and very good at what they do.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:54 pm

The whole thigs is so sad it's really not worth comment. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sean68

Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:43 am

Reality TV is an insult to the intelligence. That it is so popular is quite sad, actually. I can feel it sucking the IQ right out of the American mind.

Once upon a time, reality TV would be an episode of This Old House followed by Nova...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:28 am

I have netflix only , so only older shows and no commercials. I get to avoid these stupid shows. Can't stand crap like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:52 am

monbla256 wrote:
The whole thnigs is so sad it's really not worth comment. Sad

Well said, Brother!
And I would much rather see pictures of houseplants than crap like that. Sad really... Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:56 am

monbla256 wrote:
The whole thigs is so sad it's really not worth comment. Sad

And yet here we all are, commenting Shocked darn insidious television!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:01 am

More my way to vent my frustrations about the stupidity of the American Sheeple...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:52 pm

I only discovered this train wreck through an Onion article a few days ago. Greyson asks if it's watched ironically; to me, about 90% of modern television is just that, including Fox News.
GeoffC wrote:
If it wasn't for the internet connection I would dump my cable tv. Hell you can take my tv's if you want.
I've managed to get one without the other, and been (mostly) TV free since 1996. Better for it, but I'm always late to catch on to these so-called cultural phenomena. I'm probably better for that, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:41 pm

I saw a few minutes of one show while surfing for something to watch. Scary stuff. Takes a strong stomach to watch.
Shows like this give people without much of a life something to do.
You don't want people that watch that stuff running the streets while your out, do you? You're better off if they are home watching.
Pitiful stuff no doubt but the human thumb is probably quaking with chuckles all the way to the bank.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:54 pm

I never saw the show, as I hate reality TV programming. But, the grandmother was on the Opie & Anthony XM Radio show this morning and walked out insulted when they gave her a little grief. Truly weird stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Modern fiddling while Rome burns, for most people. The more outrageous, and less like their own stupid lives (but just similar enough to relate), the better people are lulled into a false sense of clam.

It's funny, for those Brothers who aren't television watchers...isn't it a weird feeling and reaction when you suddenly find yourself in the presence of TV? Commercials, programming and the like? Sometimes, when I'm on the road, I have a TV in the motel room with limited cable, and it just seems so damned weird to me, everything I see. It's as if folks must be desensitized to the flashing, the loud, fast talking, the subject matter and the things they sell. I swear there's some kind of mental programming here, something to keep people coming back, like visual cigarettes. Laughing I just see if there's a ballgame (the original reality programming) on someplace, and if not, off it goes. It's like nails on a blackboard.

I'm so, so glad my eyes got corrected recently to read again.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:59 pm

Television creeps me out.

Including Pirates & Steelers games (= 100%)

What a Face

cat cat cat cat cat cat cat
Back to top Go down
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:20 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
The inevitable conclusion: http://www.theonion.com/articles/you-do-of-course-realize-that-this-is-going-to-end,29734/

Once again George, you NAILED it ! That's one well written piece Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
mgtarheel

Registration date : 2011-09-13

PostSubject: What on earth is...Honey boo boo child?   Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:29 pm

She is just getting richer. The ratings for this show went up, so now the network is going to pay them $20,000 per show. What is this world coming to? This show is on the same level to me as "Jersey Shore". BAD! I would rather watch grass grow than some of the shows on now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?   Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:05 am

They made fun of Honey Boo Boo and her mom on South Park last week. The episode was all about how "the bar" has been lowered so far that this is now entertainment. James Cameron comes in and saves the day in the Deep Sea Challenger...."the bar" was in the Challenger Deep.....good stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com

What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next