HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

one heck of a Monday....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: one heck of a Monday....   Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Ever have one of those days? I knew it was going to be a pain, as office politics are worse than usual (that should reach a tipping point one way or another tomorrow) and I had to visit the dentist for a cleaning. Typical stuff, not worth me whining over.

On top of that though,

1) my ceiling has developed a small drip when it rains (maintanance is trying to figure out why, and they won't before it rains again tomorrow; hopeful not a a crisis developing; guess I have to leave the bucket in place and hope for the best tomorrow), plus (as noted in other threads)
2) got the wrong tin in an order from Pipes & Cigars
3) my little straight basket briar suffered a burn-through on its 21st bowl -- I could see it was likely to happen at some point about 5 smokes ago, but didn't think it would happen so soon. I shouldn't have bought it as I could see the outside was a little irregular at that point so it's my fault, really (unlike the other things), but it was an interesting shape. Embarassed Still, in 36 years, that's the first time it happened to a briar on me!

On the plus side, extra thanks to whoever sent me two Dunhill tins and pipe cleaners from JR -- I needed something like that today! santa

thanks for letting me blow off a little steam from life's little bumps
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: one heck of a Monday....   Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:19 pm

Sounds like you need to pour yourself a stiff drink and crack open one of those tins.

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: one heck of a Monday....   Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:59 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Sounds like you need to pour yourself a stiff drink and crack open one of those tins.

Agreed!

Dr. T - you deserve a stiff drink and a good long smoke after a day like that.
Glad it had it's good points though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

PostSubject: Re: one heck of a Monday....   Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Puff Daddy wrote:

Agreed!

Dr. T - you deserve a stiff drink and a good long smoke after a day like that.
Glad it had it's good points though.

Well, the pipe didn't burn though until 2/3 finished, so I won't do a second pipe; I will have a drink later (not the Bacardi 151, though) drunken
Back to top Go down
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: one heck of a Monday....   Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:17 pm

See see, even Rob is commenting on this thread, it seems to me he is following your threads today thus solidifying him as culprit number 1.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune brother, but glad your day was cheered up a bit by ROB...or Blackhorse....or Kyle. You said you got some 965, you should load that up and write a review. That is about the only blend that really piques my interest from Dunhill so I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: one heck of a Monday....   Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:19 pm

kaiser83 wrote:
See see, even Rob is commenting on this thread, it seems to me he is following your threads today thus solidifying him as culprit number 1.

If it would've been me doing the bombing, you guys know darn good and well I'd have sent a goopy Aromatic. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: one heck of a Monday....   Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:39 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
kaiser83 wrote:

If it would've been me doing the bombing, you guys know darn good and well I'd have sent a goopy Aromatic. Twisted Evil

Goopy Aromatic Club! Huzzah! cheers

Hope tomorrow is a LOT better day for you, Dr. T. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: one heck of a Monday....   Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Simple Man wrote:
Goopy Aromatic Club! Huzzah! cheers

Right on, Brother! cheers

Watch out Latakia smokers, our numbers are growing! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

PostSubject: Re: one heck of a Monday....   Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:01 pm

kaiser83 wrote:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune brother, but glad your day was cheered up a bit by ROB...or Blackhorse....or Kyle. You said you got some 965, you should load that up and write a review. That is about the only blend that really piques my interest from Dunhill so I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I'm smoking some Altadis 965 Match right now and that's pretty good, so yes, a older tin of the 'real deal' in in my future line up -- when I finish the Match and two 1 ounce samples (Majestic English & Commonwealth) I hope to get to the 965 as the Lat part of my fall/winter rotation!
Back to top Go down

one heck of a Monday....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1