HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:18 am

We have West Highland Terriers, so anytime I spy a Westie pipe holder, I grab it. My three so far.

I always enjoy seeing your collection Doc, an incredible assembly of tobacciana. En excellent thread!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:33 am

I had a few more things than I thought, including a 4th Westie stand. (new one is pot metal)

A Kentucky Club Sampler

My pipe stand. We've owned this for 25+ years but only in the last two was it put back into it's original intention. One day I'll commission a rack that will hold about 18 pipes and fit on top.

My first ashtray, a siroco piece (same as the Westie stands).

A Sherlock Holmes pipe case, I gather from the 70's?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:32 pm

My tamper collection.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:16 am

My Phil-o-matic automatic pipe filler collection, each in their original box with instruction booklet. To read more about these, check out Neill Roan's blog entry from March 2011.

http://www.apassionforpipes.com/neills-blog/2011/3/10/the-amazing-phil-o-matic-but-wait-theres-more.html

Back to top Go down
View user profile
stewartinsaudi

Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:55 pm

I love some of the vintage pipe holders, the little dog ones are great. I hope to find some of these while antique shopping in the near future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:48 am

GBD mirror, not sure of it's age, but I am guessing from the 60's or 70's.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:38 am

Some great stuff. One say I wish to have a den decorated with vintage tobacciana. Keep em coming!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:37 am

Wow Dutch, that GBD mirror is very cool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Thanks guys! The GBD mirror looks better in the digital pics than she actually looks. There are a few age spots where the silver has turned on the mirror, and the wood has some patina. I wish I knew a little more history on when it was made, but sadly even some of the GBD pipes are difficult to date.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HCraven

Registration date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:39 pm

Dock wrote:
I'll start this off with an uber rare Balkan Sobranie tobacco jar from the 40's-50's. Even after a decade of investigating no one seems to have any information about it. I've never met a single soul who has ever seen one like it. It's been seen by every major collector I know and they just shake their heads. Speculation is that it was made by an English firm and presented to someone high up in the company.

First off, beautiful bits of tobacciana, everyone. Thanks for sharing them.
With regard to this jar from the OP, when you mentioned the possibility of it being custom made for Sobranie by an English firm, it reminded me of a Comoy's jar a friend of mine recently acquired that has the same kind of brass closure. I don't have a pic of his, but I found this item on ebay in a similar vein: http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-COMOYS-OF-LONDON-TOBACCO-POT-HUMIDOR-BRASS-TOP-CERAMIC-round-container-/281060577817?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4170841219

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:33 am

A vintage wood burned cigar box lid that sits atop one of my pipe racks.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:25 am

A hand crafted, hand painted wooden cigar purchased at the Padron factory down in Miami. It is signed by seven different members of the Padron dynasty. Beginning with the patriarch Jose who will turn 87 this year, it also includes his son Jorge's signature, and in descending order, Marco, Rodolfo, Jeffrey, Elizabeth, and Orlando. I regret that I was not able to get Jessica or Kassandra's ink, but I may possibly be able to make that happen at some point down the road.

I am hoping that in 20-25 years this piece of history appreciates considerably in value, and I am able to pass it on to someone who really appreciates what is surely destined to become vintage collectible tobacciania.....

Last edited by Dutch on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:57 am

My antique pipe cabinet with revolving shelf, probably from the 1930's or 1940's, I'm not for certain.....

Notice that the small ashtrays have no cigarette or cigar rests, making them intended for pipe tobacco ash and dottle.....

A SYROCO wood pipe rest with glass humidor.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:13 am

The cabinet is beautiful ! It's nice that it comes with 2 "flake saucers" Twisted Evil Now you can rub out two types of flake and let 'em dry in those before loading up to smoke !! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:17 am

monbla256 wrote:
The cabinet is beautiful ! It's nice that it comes with 2 "flake saucers" Twisted Evil Now you can rub out two types of flake and let 'em dry in those before loading up to smoke !! Razz

Michael, I never considered using them to dry tobacco prior to loading a bowl, I just used them as ashtrays. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:27 am

Dutch wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

Michael, I never considered using them to dry tobacco prior to loading a bowl, I just used them as ashtrays. Smile

See, they can "multi task" Razz I have a saucer left from a set that I broke the cup that matched and it's my "flake saucer". Those look to be just right for that! Neat !! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:25 am

Dutch, please let me come over!!! You have the most amazing collection I've ever seen!!!
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:03 am

Do I see an Aristocob atop that cabinet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:57 am

GuitarMyFriend wrote:
Dutch, please let me come over!!! You have the most amazing collection I've ever seen!!!
Zach

Zach, any time you find yourself in N. Alabama, drop by for a bowl or three! Thanks for the kind words. Believe it or not, I purchased the pipe cabinet for around $65. It is in great shape to be of the age it is.

George Kaplan wrote:
Do I see an Aristocob atop that cabinet?

George, yes you are correct. I really like the old Aristocob design, and wish someone would reintroduce a similar pipe. They are on the small side, but they are ideal flake pipes. Regrettably, the cob inserts are going nowdays on ebay for $7 to $10 each, but that is no more expensive than buying a brand new MM cob, so the cost to smoke the pipe is still not outrageous. The cob inserts have a small steel disc inserted to help prevent burnout, so they can go high mileage if one is cautious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:24 pm

Just scored another of these very functional Dunhill humidors, which the wooden lid and gasket are in fantastic shape. This one has faceted corners, as opposed to my other, which is simply barrel shaped.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:50 am

Here are a few pics of my antique Royal Goedewaagen gouda cigar jar. I'm not exactly sure when it was produced, but it definitely has some age on it, judging from the humidifier underneath the lid.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:50 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>   Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:24 am

Here is a brown glass cigar ashtray owned by Roy DeMeo from the 1960's-1970's era. The second photo is a certificate of authenticity, which has been signed by his son Al DeMeo, and notarized in Wake County North Carolina in November 2009.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: