HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KillerCelt

Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Hello All,
My name is Adam and I started down the slippery slope of pipe smoking 2 years ago. Currently I am studying abroad in Berlin, Germany but my permanent residence is in Rochester, NY. I started as a frequent cigar smoker but started smoking pipes during the winter as it is as long of a smoke as I want it to be and a built in hand warmer Wink Now I am fascinated with how each pipe is a work of art and the tremendous variety pipe tobacco has to offer. I am a bit of a Peterson fan-boy and of the 9 pipes I smoke most frequently, 5 are Peterson's. I still love cigars but at this point, in the summer it's a 50/50 whether I smoke a cigar or a pipe and in the winter, 100/0 in favor of pipes. I am a mere 21 years of age, so there is still so much I can learn about this hobby and advice is always warmly welcomed. I look forward to interacting with this forum and getting to know everyone.
-Adam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:18 pm

Welcome Adam,
Glad to see another Peterson fan. Enjoy your stay here, there's a fine bunch of members to answer most any inquiry.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:29 pm

Welcome aboard Adam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Welcome, Adam! I hope you enjoy the forums

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Hey there KC, welcome to the BoB. I hope you find your time here useful and fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:19 am

Welcome to BoB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:30 am

Welcome to BoB and enjoy your time here. My grandpa used to hit flea markets in Brussels, and I am sure that in Germany you could find some too and probably some nice estate pipes and tobacco related items at them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
friar_jay

Registration date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:22 am

Welcome...I've found the fellow BoB members to be a great source of information, I'm sure you will as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:14 am

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Adam!

Please come back often and join in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:30 am

Welcome, you are the 2nd Pete fan to join recently. We lived in W. Germany for several years, but weren't allowed to travel to Berlin at that time (Iron Curtain still up, mid 70's).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:10 am

Great big welcome from Ireland brother! cheers

Nice to see that we share an interest in Peterson pipes.

Fraternally

Jers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:35 am

Welcome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Howdy yall Razz Nice choice of pipes and 'bac. Stick around and you'll get thouroughly confused Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Welcome aboard Adam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ejames

Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:15 am

Welcome Adam!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ozarksouthpawpipes.com/index.html
KillerCelt

Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:04 pm

First let me say how incredibly welcomed I feel on this site. This may be the friendliest forum I have ever ben a part of.

kaiser83 wrote:
Welcome to BoB and enjoy your time here. My grandpa used to hit flea markets in Brussels, and I am sure that in Germany you could find some too and probably some nice estate pipes and tobacco related items at them.
I actually went to a fleamarket this weekend. I saw a pipe I liked on Saturday, but I had places to be and I passed it up. The next day, I couldn't stop thinking about it and I went back to get it but, it was gone Crying or Very sad Lesson learned. Buy now ask questions later. However, I did buy a different pipe that I will post pictures of soon.

Jers wrote:
Great big welcome from Ireland brother!

Nice to see that we share an interest in Peterson pipes.

Fraternally

Jers
I was in Ireland in March and I fell in love with your country. I stayed in Cork (where my family came from 150 years ago), Bantry, Killarney, and Ennis. Naturally I had to buy a Peterson pipe while I was there. I hope to venture back to Ireland while I'm abroad.

Thank you all for making me feel so welcomed here! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boulder

Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)   Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Hello and Welcome to the BoB forum. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Greetings from Berlin (at the moment)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1