HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Marty?

Marty, where have you been Brother?
Haven't seen you post in quite a while, you doing alright?

Hope all is well, Brother and please check in when you can to let us know how you're doing.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:33 pm

Yeah, no kidding. You okay, Marty?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:39 pm

Marty!!!! Where are you with your giant pipes that you love to clench so much???? I hope you didn't make like Marty McFly and hit 88 and go back to the future!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Yeah, no kidding. You okay, Marty?

Looks like he checked in not long ago, but hasn't posted in a while. Hope everything is alright, Brother!

Hopefully he's not out of Beck's 'Ole Limey Bastard'. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:51 pm

IMO Marty slips in and out of posting on a regular basis. Sometimes he's gone for weeks at a time. But he always comes back.

Don't think there's anything wrong in his world. Just Marty being Marty.

<shrug>

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Marty's a great guy. I'll be glad to see him around here on a regular basis again too. I've missed him since I've been back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Yeah, I was wondering about Marty too the other day.

Harlock made his "Earl Gray on the side" post number 4000 yesterday. Glad he's around at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:54 pm

gravel wrote:
It hasn't been that long, Mother of Briar:
http://www.brothersofbriar.com/t19145p15-deep-flavor-without-being-strong#241943

Good. Well, at least he'll know we love him. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:54 pm

MisterE wrote:
Harlock made his "Earl Gray on the side" post number 4000 yesterday. Glad he's around at least.

Yeah, hopefully he'll pop back in more regularly too. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:14 pm

Pretty sure I saw a post from Marty about 2 weeks ago in the humidor. I was wondering the same thing though.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:47 pm

MisterE wrote:

cheers

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIPIPE

Location : Setauket,Long Island and upstate Granville, New York
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:27 am

Hi Guys: I'm still with ya, still enjoying my big bowls (newest are a Nording and a Sav Hercules) still smoking the tough stuff, (Engine 99, Beck's Ol'Limey Bastard,) and right now this morning Storm Front with my own addition of Maduro Cigar flake from my last Partagas Black Label stick in my Hercules. And I've got to tell you this is one great way to start the morning. Additional maduro cigar leaf makes a world of difference in the blend. My humidor is always stocked with St. Luis Rey Serie G maduros and Partagas Black Label maduros all of course 60 ringers. It's good to have so many good friends around and to be "checked up" upon. If any of you guys like to SKYPE you can dial me up so to speak on UPST8GUY for a smoke together. Men, stay tight, smoke large and enjoy your drinks today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:33 am

Hey, Marty! Good to see you. Glad to see your still doing well. I'm with you on Storm Front, good stuff... but I don't know about adding maduro cigar leaf, afraid it would make me dizzy. drunken I'm not a big N hitter like you. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIPIPE

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:02 am

Jack: Hope your health problems are resolved and good to hit base with a tough cop. Don't worry about a nic hit brother. Just add a pinch to taste just like salt or pepper on a good steak. It's a flavor enhancer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:08 am

LIPIPE wrote:
Jack: Hope your health problems are resolved and good to hit base with a tough cop. Don't worry about a nic hit brother. Just add a pinch to taste just like salt or pepper on a good steak. It's a flavor enhancer.

Retired cop. Laughing

I'm glad those days are behind me. They were fun in my 20's, great in my 30's, tolerable in my 40's... forget it in my 50's. Laughing These days I'd rather sit by the fire with a cold drink and a pipe. I'll have to try the cigar leaf, then. Maduro wrapped cigars were always my favorite when I smoked cigars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:43 am

Good to see you posting again, Marty.

Enjoy your smokes, Brother!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIPIPE

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:28 am

Jack: I'm retired too and it's wonderful. Once a cop always a cop, me (highway patrol) and you. Whenever I'm on the road I'm still always scanning obstructed rear plates, license plate bulbs out, failure to signal etc. Man, I'd still love to bust some chops especially when I notice a full package. It's in the blood.

Rob....How's the job search going for you?

I haven't gone anywhere. I'm just sitting back more and letting new members use the air time. I'll be heading to my upstate house for the fall foliage drop in about a week for a couple of weeks so I'll be AWOL for a period due to the fact that there is no broadband in the rural countryside. I have a dish so I'll be able to watch Romney and Ryan make fools of themselves while I target shoot and smoke some great pipes and cigars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:54 am

LIPIPE wrote:

I haven't gone anywhere. I'm just sitting back more and letting new members use the air time. I'll be heading to my upstate house for the fall foliage drop in about a week for a couple of weeks so I'll be AWOL for a period due to the fact that there is no broadband in the rural countryside. I have a dish so I'll be able to watch Romney and Ryan make fools of themselves while I target shoot and smoke some great pipes and cigars.

Sounds like a good time. I like it whenever/wherever I can get away from the noise. It gets tedious and monotonous after awhile. Hope you have a great time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:29 am

LIPIPE wrote:
Rob....How's the job search going for you?

Ah, the good and the bad. Right after I last talked to you(literally), one of our vehicles - the Cavalier - shot craps and bit the dust. We couldn't afford another vehicle at that time, so I had to look for something local.

I put my previous Retail experience to use and took a position as Meat Dept. Manager for a local grocery store. A good friend of mine in the Store Manager there, and he's been trying to get me to come to work for him for a while now. They have 8 stores, so it's a small family-owned atmosphere. The base company is actually a large chain, but with independently owned stores set up in territories.

This is not quite what I had wanted or planned on, but the money is decent, pretty-standard benefits package, and it's literally 1/2 mile from my house. In this economy, I couldn't be too picky. I've been there for over a month now and I really like it. Plus - we have free Wi-Fi at work, so I can check in on my lunch.

The worst part is being surrounded by Beef, Pork, and Chicken all the time. Too tempting for someone like me with 2 BBQ Grills and a Smoker. Twisted Evil

Enjoy your time away, Marty! Sounds like a great way to spend a couple of weeks. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIPIPE

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:58 am

Rob: Good for you man! You are now positioned for a much brighter future than Walmart offered. I've experienced many job ups and downs and the trick in life is always to believe in yourself and know that you will land on your feet. Retirement is the reward and believe me it is great! Always try to pack as much money as you can into a 401K. The sacrifice you make early in your career will be your reward for a comfortable retirement for all the good years ahead. My wife and I always sacrificed non necessities so that we could ensure a comfortable retirement. Unfortunately, she passed away before her retirement, but planning early on is most important.

This week Jewish people around the world celebrate the New Year. Tonight, at sundown Yom Kippur, our day of atonement begins. As a Jewish man I am particularly thoughtful of many friends and good deeds at this time. I am grateful for good BoB brothers and all good thoughts that come my way. L'Shana Tova (Sweet New Year) wishes to all brothers regardless of faith, for peace, prosperity, good health, and happiness in all your endeavors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:53 am

Good to see ya back Marty!

Seems like a bunch of people have been awol as of late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aristokles

Registration date : 2010-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Mazel tov, old buddy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:21 pm

Happy Jew New Year, Marty. cheers Mazel tov. Glad to hear from ya.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Marty: Freylekh nay yor!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Where is Marty (LIPIPE)??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1