HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Trooper Island.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Trooper Island.   Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:05 am

Just noticed the link under Jeepernicks posts. http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/island.htm

Fellers if you ever feel the need to help some decent folk out in doing a decent thing for underprivileged kids this is one worthy place to send a few bucks.
This is not a State funded or ran program it was 100% thought up by the Troopers as a way of helping out the kids that they dealt with on a daily basis. It is funded by Troopers and donations and with a little help from 'volunteer instructors and councilors' completely ran by Troopers.

I can tell you from personal experience that it leaves an impression on a dirt poor kid from the hills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeepernick
Mud Flaps

Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Island.   Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:10 am

Any donations are tax deductible too! I had the priveledge to sponsor the son of a gal that works with my wife. He had a blast. The only thing the kids are required to bring are clothes. Everything else is provided at no charge. That's right the kids pay nothing to attend. From the moment they leave their house till the time they get home, even transportation to and from. It really is a great program.

My experience of the island was somewhat different though. I was chased by instructors with simmunition pistols, threatened with pepper spray and tear gas, had to fight someone in a Red Man suit, and rake all the leaves on the entire island (I was in the KSP academy at the time). The kids that attend have a great time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Island.   Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:19 am

That is a pretty awesome breath of fresh air!

What a noble endeaver!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

Trooper Island.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1