HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bob's collection for the BoB.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WarlockBob

WarlockBob

Registration date : 2012-09-30

Bob's collection for the BoB.  Empty
PostSubject: Bob's collection for the BoB.    Bob's collection for the BoB.  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Bob's collection for the BoB.  Pa040010
Here's the collection.

Bob's collection for the BoB.  Pa040011
Here's the 'baccy!
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Bob's collection for the BoB.    Bob's collection for the BoB.  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 2:12 pm

WOW! Nice collection of pipes! Starting from top left to right, I love the looks of #1 and #4... also wouldn't kick #5 or #6 out... you have some really nice pipes in your collection. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ocelot55

Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Bob's collection for the BoB.    Bob's collection for the BoB.  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 2:19 pm

Hey, I recognize some of those! Very Happy

I wonder if Growley can pick out the pipe he made! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jonespipes.com
WarlockBob

WarlockBob

PostSubject: Re: Bob's collection for the BoB.    Bob's collection for the BoB.  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Thank you! I love them all!

I think that, with enough attention to detail, Growley MIGHT be able to find his pipe.... maybe. lol!

I think there's a few in there from you too Ocelot! Wink
Back to top Go down
Ocelot55

Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Bob's collection for the BoB.    Bob's collection for the BoB.  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 2:24 pm

WarlockBob wrote:
I think there's a few in there from you too Ocelot! Wink

Only two though. I thought I had made more than that for you. I guess I really will have to start on that set for you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jonespipes.com
WarlockBob

WarlockBob

PostSubject: Re: Bob's collection for the BoB.    Bob's collection for the BoB.  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 2:25 pm

Blu-lu Blu-lu Blu-lu Blu-lu!
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Bob's collection for the BoB.    Bob's collection for the BoB.  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 2:47 pm

Nice set of pipes you have there ! I'm particularly partial to Bulldogs and those two you have look really nice ! Razz And I see you are an Altidis 'bac smoker! They are not really appreciated here and that's a shame as they have some VERY NICE blends/mixtures! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sean68

Sean68

Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: Gentleman's collection.   Bob's collection for the BoB.  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Sir, a very nice collection indeed! I am fairly new to pipes (a long time cigar smoker) so I have not yet determined favorites. I do very much like the variety in your collection.

I also noticed a sweet bass guitar in the corner of one photo. Can you teach me to play? Please? I need help! Hehehe... I brought an electric bass with me on this deployment but have not had the time to put alot of effort into it. I am afraid I need proper, formal instruction. Old bastards like me require some structure to our learning. I intend to find a teacher while home on leave in November.

Again, very nice pipes Sir!
Back to top Go down
WarlockBob

WarlockBob

PostSubject: Re: Bob's collection for the BoB.    Bob's collection for the BoB.  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 5:14 pm

Sean, thank you very much! For the compliments AND for your service. When you get back, you've got a cigar and a drink on me. Very Happy

That bass is my baby Razz It's a Hohner 5 string, with the low B. I've got some Ernie Ball music man jazz strings on the sucker right now for easy sliding! haha. I've enjoyed playing it; I picked it up in high school for the jazz band, and loved the hell outta playing it. Very Happy I've noticed that as long as your hands aren't terribly small, there aren't many things you CAN'T pick up on bass. I will say, as a former music education major, that a pretty solid basic understanding of music theory makes bass a TON easier to play. As far as advice to you, I can say that if you can memorize most of the notes for the major frets on each string, and alternates for them, you'll always be in good shape!

And trust me, as a drummer (I've been playing behind a drum set for twice as long as I've played bass), if I can pick it up, you can too! lol!
Back to top Go down

Bob's collection for the BoB.
Page 1 of 1