HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Any one of you guys ever heard of Burgermeister beer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Any one of you guys ever heard of Burgermeister beer?   Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Picked it up at a yard sale along time ago for 5 bucks, guy said he used to have a bar in california in the 70's and retired here to mississippi.

Can find tid bits from it on the interwebs and take that it hasn't been made since 1978. Any of you guys ever tried it? I know these old star bottle openers are collectable. Got another Coca Cola one from the guy but those are a dime a dozen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Any one of you guys ever heard of Burgermeister beer?   Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:37 pm

My stepdad is German. I will send this to my mom and have her ask him about it. He lived there until some time in the 80s, so he should know something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Any one of you guys ever heard of Burgermeister beer?   Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:13 am

It was a brewery that was in San Fransisco back in the late 19th century and was bought by Meister Brau early in the 20th century and was made in Chicago then was bought by Falstaff in the early 70s and later by Schlitz. I remember drinking it when I was in SF when I got back from 'Nam in 1970. I don't think it is made anymore. It was a US beer , not European.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Any one of you guys ever heard of Burgermeister beer?   Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Cool.

Nice lidpopper. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Any one of you guys ever heard of Burgermeister beer?   Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:06 pm

I remember it vaguely from the 70's. Not sure if I remember drinking any however.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com

Any one of you guys ever heard of Burgermeister beer?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1