HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Mozjo wrote:

Quote :
Oh you dirty bombadiers!!!!!!

My wife just called me yelling at me because there are 15 boxes on my front step!!! She thought I went off the deep end.

"I'm afraid to go near them because I'm afraid there was a real bomb in there!!!!"

TOTALLY EPIC! This is gettin' to be as much about making the wives CRAZY as nailing unsuspecting members! Now THIS is the result of a well coordinated and executed mission. Kudos bombers! I salute you! Everyone that sent one of the bombs that landed on him TODAY gets a new graphic - the Honor Star - designating perfect execution by the entire bombing group...a shared award only presented when everyone is invloved in a perfect mission segment.

FIFTEEN BOXES!!! I only wish I could have seen the look on the mailman's face as he was getting the hand cart out of the back of his truck so he could get them all to the house! SOMEDAY, my brothers, we'll set up one in a town where other brothers live and we can set it up for them to be there with a video camera. Sigh. It is to dream.

The Bomb Group Honor Star (award recipients must be officially approved by the Commander in order to display)

Last edited by Blackhorse on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Mine is out for delivery. Man I have quicker shipping skillz than P&C.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dreadgerbil

Registration date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Mine is out for delivery, too. I am excited to see further explosions this day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sloppy Joe Hemingway

Registration date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:50 pm

That's a HIT! Right on target! Man, I love the last Friday of the month!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Note: Peertaining to the Honor Star:

Stated previously:

Quote :
Everyone that sent one of the bombs that landed on him TODAY gets a new graphic - the Honor Star - designating perfect execution by the entire bombing group...a shared award only presented when everyone is invloved in a perfect mission segment.

In order to claim the graphic of the Honor Star any pilot that bombed Mozjo, having their bombs hit today, needs to send me a copy of the line on the USPS Tracking Page showing today's date and the comment that the package had been delivered on that date, "Out for Delivery" is not sufficient for award of the Star, it must state: 'Delivered'. At this point, not even mine shows this, showing only the OFD designation. So even though I pasted the graphic on my signature line it will be removed if I can't verify according to the above.

In addition, Mozjo will need to PM the bomb count to me, with the proper count being verified. If, and only if, all the bombs intended for him are verified as having been received today...then the Honor Star will go forward. It's possible that his wife, in her hysteria, miscounted. Trust, but verify!

View user profile
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Holy crap, what's this pall of smoke over the target? At least it's in the right state. I have a feeling the device may be under some scrutiny...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:32 pm

That star is BA, BH. I'm glad I finally got in on this. I hope my package was delivered today! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
tech2576

Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:05 pm

OK, I just got home. Or what was home!

I am pretty sure this is not a random bomb. Running to Home Depot to get supplies for the bomb shelter!
Once I am settled in to the shelter I will share!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Mozjo wrote:

Quote :
Oh you dirty bombadiers!!!!!!

My wife just called me yelling at me because there are 15 boxes on my front step!!! She thought I went off the deep end.

"I'm afraid to go near them because I'm afraid there was a real bomb in there!!!!"

TOTALLY EPIC! This is gettin' to be as much about making the wives CRAZY as nailing unsuspecting members! Now THIS is the result of a well coordinated and executed mission. Kudos bombers! I salute you! Everyone that sent one of the bombs that landed on him TODAY gets a new graphic - the Honor Star - designating perfect execution by the entire bombing group...a shared award only presented when everyone is invloved in a perfect mission segment.

FIFTEEN BOXES!!! I only wish I could have seen the look on the mailman's face as he was getting the hand cart out of the back of his truck so he could get them all to the house! SOMEDAY, my brothers, we'll set up one in a town where other brothers live and we can set it up for them to be there with a video camera. Sigh. It is to dream.

The Bomb Group Honor Star (award recipients must be officially approved by the Commander in order to display)

Well, I just walked into the house...or what's left of it...and this is what I see:

Now I know why my wife thought I went nuts. She said, "I thought for sure you went totally crazy."

I told her we need to be carefule because of the Halloween motiff. There are two boxes that are unbelievably heavy. BTW - the postal carrier is the father of one of my daughter's closest friends. Can't wait to see him this weekend!!!

will be opening my Tricks and Treats momentarily.

I will be photographing my journey, so please be patient.

Thank you all again. I am truly greatful and humbled by your generosity!!

Mo

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Looking forward to the display! Shouldn't there be a dozen or more out there somewhere? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:15 pm

DrT999 wrote:
Looking forward to the display! Shouldn't there be a dozen or more out there somewhere? Twisted Evil

Not funny!! tongue

BTW - My package was delivered today on Target!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Mozjo33 wrote:
DrT999 wrote:

Not funny!! tongue

BTW - My package was delivered today on Target!!
Well, there were 26 bombers launched, there were at least 12 packages in your photo. That leaves your bomb and up to a baker's dozen more unaccounted for at this time. . . .
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Anyone else like totally glued to their computer waiting to see the results of Mozjo's bombing? Laughing I feel like we should have music going or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:31 pm

DrT999 wrote:
Well, there were 26 bombers launched, there were at least 12 packages in your photo. That leaves your bomb and up to a baker's dozen more unaccounted for at this time. . . .

Let's not forget that there appears to be another target. Tech mentioned heading for his bomb shelter, could he be a second target? affraid

tech2576 wrote:
OK, I just got home. Or what was home!

I am pretty sure this is not a random bomb. Running to Home Depot to get supplies for the bomb shelter!
Once I am settled in to the shelter I will share!

BTW - my Bomb hit this afternoon! Twisted Evil

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishfuzz

Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Updated with transparent background.

Sig version:

Last edited by Fishfuzz on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:33 pm

Fishfuzz wrote:

Updated with transparent background.

Heh... I already did that too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Edited to remain consistent with the bomb size.

Also, excellent having your wife freak out about the bombs! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Fishfuzz

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:40 pm

gravel wrote:

Ha - I had just updated my post with the 57px version. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Fishfuzz wrote:
gravel wrote:

Ha - I had just updated my post with the 57px version. Wink

Exciting stuff I tell ya'! Laughing

I'm chomping at the bits wanting to add this! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishfuzz

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:44 pm

Mozjo33 wrote:

Well, I just walked into the house...or what's left of it...and this is what I see:

Watch where you step! There is at least one more landmine about which isn't in sight! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tech2576

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Well, one bomb hit today and about leveled my house!

I am now hunkered down in the bomb shelter. Like that's gonna help! Rolling Eyes

Excuse the mess but there ain't much room in here to store stuff.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:55 pm

tech2576 wrote:
Well, one bomb hit today and about leveled my house!

I am now hunkered down in the bomb shelter. Like that's gonna help! Rolling Eyes

Excuse the mess but there ain't much room in here to store stuff.

Neat bomb! It will be interesting to see what's next!
Back to top Go down
tech2576

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Moz, I love it that the wife called you and freaked! Twisted Evil

Tell her we mean no harm! Laughing

Well, not much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Well Mr. Tech...you'd better check again! The USPS says that at least 10 bombs him your digs today...verified by yours truely. One was a double hit, being a 'two in one' or something like that.

And since we have passed to point of shock and awe, I feel it's OK to comment on the Honor Star thing.

We didn't make it boys. It's just that simple. Even though it appears that 85% of the pilots dropped their loads (lol) at the proper time to hit on the Day of Destruction...two did not...on each target. And the jury is still out on two as their DC numbers are still pending.

I already went through the entire list of DC numbers and have determined who did and did not have a bomb hit today. This has taken for-damn-ever to do, but you yokels are worth it...here's the readout on those whose hit, if you're not listed yours is either predicted by the USPS to hit tomorrow, or I didn't have a DC number to work with.

Those whole bombs hit today are:

scotties22
Ocelot55
DrumsAndBeer
gravel
kaiser83
taharris
Tech2576
DrT999
Greyson
roogles
Simple Man
Mozjo33
idbowman
Dave In Philly
Dreadgerbil
Sloppy Joe Hemingway
George Kaplan
Greyson
GrampaGrossbart
EC Outlaw
Cigar2You
fishfuzz
Rob in MO
Blackhorse

Congrats to each one of you (and me) for a fine showing...exceptional performance!

Comment: one pilot was really pleased that he had gotten his bomb out on time...but it really didn't go out on time. It had a notification thing on the date that would have had it arrive OK, but it didn't hit the mail til the next day...Thursday. Shipping on the day prior appears to be a no win deal no matter where it's mailed from. That's why I keep saying Wednesday for a Friday delivery at least.

And this is not a penalty thing. A Saturday delivery is viewed as appropriate for general bombing purposes...just not for an all in one deal like the Medal thing this round.

Now...keep up with me here...I'm not going to penalize the lucky 85% that had theirs arrive together. What I'm going to do is change the very natiure of the award...and have it as a month to month kind of thing. If your bomb hit today...you get to wear the Honor Star with pride...for one month. Then we start again. It will be an award that has to be earned each and every mission. In essense, it is taken away and if you hit on the proper target date again...you can put it up again! Simple. Clean. And it doesn't result in a swath of start across the page. So that's what we'll do.

So if your name is in the list above you are authorized to post the star in your signature box. If not, show me that your box did hit today and we can go from there.

View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!   Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:12 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Well Mr. Tech...you'd better check again! The USPS says that at least 10 bombs him your digs today...verified by yours truely. One was a double hit, being a 'two in one' or something like that.

Yeah, kinda confusing with his earlier post:

tech2576 wrote:
I am counting @ 8 out for delivery so far.
This is gonna be awesome!

Oh well, the night is young. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile

October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next