HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Found a Dr. Grabow cheap at an antique store today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Found a Dr. Grabow cheap at an antique store today   Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:49 pm

It smokes like a champ.... very smooth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steveaux

Registration date : 2012-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Found a Dr. Grabow cheap at an antique store today   Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Thistleoak wrote:
It smokes like a champ.... very smooth

Victory !!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Found a Dr. Grabow cheap at an antique store today   Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:01 pm

Just goes to prove that the price paid has nothing to do with how well a pipe will smoke!!!
Glad you are pleased with your purchase. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Found a Dr. Grabow cheap at an antique store today   Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Dr. Grabows are rather inexpensive now that I have a few and I have seen the prices on them, if they go to hell on you you can always run to a pharmacy or a tobacco store like admiral and get a new one for around thirty bucks out the door, not like having a Peterson or a Dunhill.... I like to think that the original owner of this pipe loved it so much that when the stem went to crap, instead of replacing the pipe completely, he chose to give an old friend a revamp and keep her around for years to come. Call me a romantic but I think that is why I love this pipe so much, I got it for a great price, put in a lil elbow grease and brought her back to her glory, and care for her as the original owner did..... who knows maybe this will be a family heirloom passed down.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Found a Dr. Grabow cheap at an antique store today
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2