HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Your top pick?
Dunhill Nightcap
20%
 20% [ 8 ]
Dunhill Early Morning Pipe
10%
 10% [ 4 ]
Dunhill London Mixture
8%
 8% [ 3 ]
G.L. Pease Jack Knife Plug
25%
 25% [ 10 ]
Capt Earle's Ten Russians
3%
 3% [ 1 ]
C&D Engine #99
5%
 5% [ 2 ]
Sutliff Private Stock - Field Masters (never tried it)
5%
 5% [ 2 ]
Sutliff Private Stock - Alexander Bridge (never tried it)
3%
 3% [ 1 ]
McClellands Frog Morton on the Bayou
23%
 23% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:53 pm

So camping for week on the Outer Banks of NC doing some surf casting. The big dilemma is which tobac to bring? So here is the poll, I will take the top two winners with me next week!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://geoffcorey.github.io
GeoffC

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:05 pm

Hmmm, you can also do a write-in vote for Dunhill Standard Mixture. Didn't realize I had any and just found it.
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:10 pm

JKP, Just don't mix your plug knife up with the bait knife. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:51 pm

FMOTB. What? Ya' kiddin' me??? Perfect baccy for the great outdoors!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Quote :
JKP, Just don't mix your plug knife up with the bait knife.

If I did that I would probably have throw the pipe into the sea! cheers

Right now it looks like I'll be taking the top 3! Close heat for 2nd!
Back to top Go down
J Soshae

Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Jack Knife Plug in the top spot?! It sounds like they are trying to make you fall out of the boat. Smile Hopefully there will not be too many waves or your face is going to be green.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:29 pm

I voted for EMP, as it's an easy, gentle smoke, and your hands are going to be busy and the pipe will probably be hanging out of your mouth for extended periods of time. So a light, full bent with EMP should be an "easy" pipe to chomp on for long periods while you're reeling in that 600 pound whopper!

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Nightcap...not the lightest blend, but it goes perfectly with fresh air and campfire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroContent

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:20 pm

I'll be taking Frog Morton for a week of rock climbing in Kentucky next week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teantobacco.com
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Crashing surf and a lit pipe don't mix well! I'd keep the pipe back at the truck and enjoy it at the end of a fruitfull day of surf casting ! For that a nice bowl of Nightcap would be my first choice Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:00 pm

I voted for the frog because I think its a good all a round smoke, and nightcap for relaxing in the evaning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
christeaux

Registration date : 2011-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:08 pm

I voted for JKP for out and about, but for relaxing in the evening nothing is better Nightcap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:36 pm

It's looking like I will take FMOTB, Nightcap and Jack Knife at this point. Let me tell you, I am ready. Been burning the candle at both ends this week at work. Looks like tonight is no different. Always seems like I do 80 hours the week before I take a week off. I am so exhausted, I'm glad my brother-in-law is driving Saturday morning.
Back to top Go down
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Forget the latakia stuff, you're outdoors in the wind and sun or rain, get out the BURLEY. LOL
Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:21 am

Nightcap will cover up any fish like odors but I still like the idea of cutting a plug while on a boat, or doing anything outdoorsy for that matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Ok, packing it up for early start tomorrow. Had a late night again last night pushing out a new release so the company can win some big business. I've done about 60 hours since Monday and two releases of the same product. I'm ready to be cut off from the wired world for a week.

So the votes are in and I'm going with the top three:

• Jackknife
  • FMOTB
  • Nightcap

Even if I don't catch a single fish, it will be a good time! You guys have a great week!
Back to top Go down
J Soshae

Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:58 am

Enjoy your well deserved time off. We look forward to reading about the gigantic fish that got away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:42 pm

My 6 lb 14 oz Drum caught on Cape Lookout. Real fun week! Some guys next to us caught a 40 lb Drum. Biggest caught in our group was a 13 lb 15 oz Drum caught off a Spot that I caught that morning. Rafael stirred the pot and we had to bug out for high ground up by the dunes on the north end. Whole beach was flooded and it came up to the doors on the trucks and campers. Talked to one guy that has been camping for 2 weeks and he was on the south end and was cut off until it receded.

Did the FMOTB in the morning, Jack Knife Plug in the afternoon and chilled out with Nightcap at night. Doesn't get much better.

You can see all the photos and some amazing sunrises and sunsets at

Geoff's G+ Album - Cape Lookout Fishing Trip Oct 13-19, 2012

Back to top Go down
sactownchad

Registration date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Looks like fun! My wife and I love the outer banks and will likely retire either out there or up in Asheville when the time comes. Just curious, do you like to enjoy any beverages while you fish and smoke?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Beverages? Yeah, there were a few beverages . . . . you name it!
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Nice fish Geoff. Sounds like you had a great time.

Used to do a bit of fishing myself, back when I was a cheesehead. Panfish mostly. Drowned a lot of worms, caught a few fish, and always had a great time with the boyz out on the lake. Fishin', drinkin', and smokin'......

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online

Gone fishing . . . which tobacco to bring?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1