HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!   Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:00 pm

OK - a new one. A wonderfull one in it's conception and excellent in it's execution. Yadda, yadd, yadda.

After being clued in by John that there was a new blend over there I zipped over this morning to check it out and yup, there it was..."Dark Horse". It appears to be OOS this morning (musta been a rush on it), but I'm sure it will be available in the near future.

John also told me it had been so named as a thank you for some guy that had been shouting the praises of the Patton blends to the rooftops...well deserved praises to be sure (for the blends).

Dark Horse is yet another Patton blend showing pronounced flavors. It arrives at the ideal smoking moisture level, is very coarse in cut yet packs and lights well, is easily managed down the bowl and smokes cool and dry. It's "Soulmate's Kiss" in which the evil Latakia has been replaced in equal proportion with Cigar Leaf...and it works wonderfully well. I did a review for the 4-N's page in which I likened the smoking experience to a scene in which Bogie is slapping Peter Lorre around while snarling, "You'll take it, and you'll LIKE it!"...and I think it you try it, you will.

https://www.4noggins.com/johnpattontiltjlp.aspx

My humble thanks to Rich for this singular honor...I guess I'll have to call it my signature blend!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiltjlp

tiltjlp

Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!   Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Again, thanks for your enthusiasm for my blends, and your dislike of Latakia that seems to be resulting in some new blends too. BTW, Soulmate's Kiss is now on my page too, bringing the total available in any quantity to ten.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://corncobsandbriar.phpbb3now.com/
J Soshae

J Soshae

Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!   Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Sounds like our own Darkhorse has bought the entire first blending. I see you are trying to pretend innocence. "Well darn it is OOS, sorry guys. Honey can you watch for the delivery man? I am going for a forklift. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!   Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Checked it out on the site. I've never heard of "Oriental Virginias"? What variety are these ? Sadly it sounds to have too much Burley and Perique for my tatses. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiltjlp

tiltjlp

Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!   Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:39 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Checked it out on the site. I've never heard of "Oriental Virginias"? What variety are these ? Sadly it sounds to have too much Burley and Perique for my tatses. Crying or Very sad

You must have missed a comma, since it is actually Oriental & Virginia. I do have Quadruple Virginia, which is nothing but 4 different Virginias.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://corncobsandbriar.phpbb3now.com/
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!   Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:15 pm

tiltjlp wrote:
I do have Quadruple Virginia, which is nothing but 4 different Virginias.

...and quadruple delicious!

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!   Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:09 pm

To my taste the Burley is a basenote with the base being mostly VA in character and the Perique is very in the background. The thing about John's blends that really appeals to me, well one thing anyway, is the balance of condimental tobaccos. Don't talk yourself out of something you've never tried.

You might try Crossroads. Of all his blends I think it has become my favorite.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
femur

femur

Registration date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!   Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:01 pm

BH is the man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!   Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:04 pm

I feel a 4 noggins order coming on.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!   Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Congrats Dave. Having a blend named in your honor is certainly a feather in your cap.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!   Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:58 pm

Yeah...it's kinda like Horse Feathers! I guess that's good. Maybe.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!   Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:10 am

Old thread, new-to-me blend. This stuff is great! A huge mouthful of straight tobacco flavors, but soft on the tongue. Vies with Storm Front, or LBF, or Escudo as a go-to. Just had three bowls in a row, something I rarely do. Is it the tobacco or the pipe, a very wide Savinelli pot? Thinkin' the former. I'm going to put this down as one of my must-haves.

Turkish, Oriental, Virginia, 2 Burleys, Cigar Leaf and Perique produce a medium strength blend with a smooth, full range of flavors.  ~This has to be one of the most accurate tobacco blurbs I've ever read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!   Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:23 am

Very pleased that you enjoy it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!   Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:34 pm

I'm not familiar with this blend but it sure sounds like one that I'd enjoy. Ok another one for the must buy/must try list.

And a very belated Congratulations to Blackhorse on the naming honor.

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SkagitSmoke

Registration date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!   Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Dark Horse is wonderful. I really started liking it after I let it age about 6 months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!   Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:34 am

Thanks for the tip. Sometimes a little aging can make all the difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A NEW blend in the Patton line at 4-N's!
Page 1 of 1