HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A co-worker gave me a Savinelli Madera 601

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
friar_jay

Registration date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: A co-worker gave me a Savinelli Madera 601   Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:08 pm

So today I went to work and a co-worker called me over to his truck before he left for his route today. Anyways, since he's the new hirer and I'm the senior tech I've been helping him quite a bit. Anyways, as a way to say thanks he presented me with an estate pipe, one of his first pipes...a Savinelli Madera 601. Sadly the shank has a crack in it; however, he had it fixed long ago and so, according to him, there is no functionality issues only cosmetic. The stem could use a good polishing, and the bowl a nice cleaning. He has one of those rubber ends on the stem which I'll remove when I go to clean it up. Plus he gave me a two-pipe tobacco pouch, and eighteen Savinelli 6mm filters for the pipe.

Sorry for the poor picture quality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A co-worker gave me a Savinelli Madera 601   Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:12 pm

Nice pipe, one that I'd be happy with.

Despite the issues with the shank it looks like it's going to be a good smoker.

Good on your gifter!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: A co-worker gave me a Savinelli Madera 601   Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:53 pm

Excellent co-worker there. Very Happy

That's a nice looking pipe. Considering it was a gift, if it ever does require a repair, it would be well worth the investment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: A co-worker gave me a Savinelli Madera 601   Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:10 am

Nice gift Jay! I really like the balsa filter system, because unlike other filters, it doesn't require that 100% of the smoke pass through the filter itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: A co-worker gave me a Savinelli Madera 601   Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:51 am

Congrats on the pipe brother, sounds like you have one heck of a nice coworker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A co-worker gave me a Savinelli Madera 601
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Community In Action-
Jump to: