HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Beard problems?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Is anyone else having difficulty with their wife accepting their beard? It has mostly been the last three weeks. I have tried the Amish beard to keep hair away from kissing zone. Is there anything I can do to resolve this problem?

rev

Smile

don't know if the "spinoff" is a tradition on this forum, but I find them fun. Usually they should be rated with a number 1-10

10 if especially clever, and following the basic pattern of the first post. I would give my own spinoff (though you would never rank your own) a 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:52 pm

Try using some conditioner to keep it from being scratchy. Some guys just have prickly beards and nothing will change that....I speak from experience, my husband is a stubbly scratchy mess all the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:10 pm

My wife likes mine but I haven't grown a mustache , so couldn't tell you my experience there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:25 pm

I've had a beard since I met my wife. I shaved it off one New Year's Eve and when she saw me she screamed and nearly called 911, thinking I was an instruder who had broken into the house.

In short, she'll get used to it, only bringing in up in arguments, after a few weeks Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Simple answer, shave it off if you're not terribly ugly underneath. If you are, leave it and she'll be glad to work with it Laughing

Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:55 pm

I usually keep mine at a long goatee, I keep it trimmed so its not bushy and out of control, but long. Then after about 3 or 4 months of this Ranelle ( my wife ) usually comes up to me with a small trash can and a pair of shears and says in a really sweet angelic voice " Honey you should let me trim your beard" sounds sweet but in reality it translates to " If you dont let me trim and shorten that up, your gonna wake up with a Columbian Neck tie!!!!!! oh and I love you " True Story!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Let the chops go wild and free ala Chester A Arthur:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:26 pm

scotties22 wrote:
Try using some conditioner to keep it from being scratchy. Some guys just have prickly beards and nothing will change that....I speak from experience, my husband is a stubbly scratchy mess all the time.

I run with the shampoo and conditioner in the beard every morning. I try to only clip it once or twice a week as the cut hairs are sharper. Mrs Jers still isn't a supporter of the beard but we have reached an acceptable level of détente.

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steveaux

Registration date : 2012-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Jers wrote:
scotties22 wrote:

I run with the shampoo and conditioner in the beard every morning. I try to only clip it once or twice a week as the cut hairs are sharper. Mrs Jers still isn't a supporter of the beard but we have reached an acceptable level of détente.

Fraternally

Jers

Once again, Mutually Assured Destruction secures the peace.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:35 pm

Tell your wife to get used to it. I told my wife point blank when we started dating that there were certain things I would never do and if she didn't like it she could hit the road. One of those was stopping smoking, the other was shaving my mustache.

Fortunately for me neither really bother her. Although when we kiss too much she sometimes acquires a touch of black mustache wax on her face. Of course I get lipstick on my face so I consider it quid pro quo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
the rev

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:05 pm

this is where I am heading Smile

rev
Back to top Go down
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:18 pm

the rev wrote:
this is where I am heading Smile

rev

Is she wanting to go Amish as well? You'll have to stop smoking, no more booze and she will have to wear a bonnett and a long dress and high lace up soes. I understand mid-life crisis's but isn't this one a bit extreme? Twisted Evil It's just hair, shave it off and be done with it Razz If she doesn't like what you have now, more's not gonna get any better. Lifes waaaay too short to hassle over hair Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:42 pm

I only want the beard part of Amish

Smile

You guys just didn't get the spinoff thing did you?

rev
Back to top Go down
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:52 pm

What are you stating is this "spin-off thing" ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:06 pm

on another forum when someone would post a thread where one word, or better yet letter could be changed to completely change the meaning, we would do spinoffs

So someone posted a thread:

Board Problems?

I then posted this thread

Beard problems?

It reads the same as the other thread. Now its not funny really, until you start looking at other threads. You start looking at ways to spin off other threads. You start wondering if your thread is worded well.

It is pretty amusing. I was trying to bring that tradition over. But, seems like a big fail... wont be the last time Smile

rev
Back to top Go down
friar_jay

Registration date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Steveaux

Registration date : 2012-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:39 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Is she wanting to go Amish as well? You'll have to stop smoking, no more booze and she will have to wear a bonnett and a long dress and high lace up soes. I understand mid-life crisis's but isn't this one a bit extreme? Twisted Evil It's just hair, shave it off and be done with it Razz If she doesn't like what you have now, more's not gonna get any better. Lifes waaaay too short to hassle over hair Twisted Evil

Not very familiar with the Amish, are you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:39 pm

the rev wrote:
on another forum when someone would post a thread where one word, or better yet letter could be changed to completely change the meaning, we would do spinoffs

It is pretty amusing. I was trying to bring that tradition over. But, seems like a big fail... wont be the last time Smile

rev

There is a board I am on where spin offs are very popular, but there is a specific place on the board for those.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:42 pm

the rev wrote:

Board Problems?

Beard problems?

It reads the same as the other thread. Now its not funny really, until you start looking at other threads. You start looking at ways to spin off other threads. You start wondering if your thread is worded well.

rev

I second this motion. I used to post some on The Experimental Fist music forum, and they did this a lot. It can get kind of unruly and off-topicish, but meh. I think it's fun./

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J Soshae

Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:32 pm

My wife like the tightly trimmed beard. I take it back down to a #1 on the clippers each week. The lips pucker out far enough for kissing. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:28 am

Also, nice work posting a pic of one of the Amish beard cutting terror squad.
Back to top Go down
the rev

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:43 am

well I just did a quick image search, the first pic actually wasn't one of those guys, but it was so big it screwed up the thread Smile

rev
Back to top Go down
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:32 am

the rev wrote:

Board Problems?

Beard problems?

rev

lol! lol! Total win Rev!

I'd noticed the similarity between the two threads, one above the other in the list for The Round Table, but completely missed that it was deliberate. You got me and everybody else.

I like the way you roll sir!! cheers cheers

Fraternally

Jers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Beard problems?   Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Steveaux wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

Not very familiar with the Amish, are you?

I thought the same thing when I read that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Beard problems?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next