HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing   Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:46 am

I have no idea what section this belongs in, but I thought it was a pretty cool site.

http://sometimes-interesting.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing   Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:10 am

Cool site, indeed! The story of Centralia, PA always creeped me out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing   Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:53 am

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing   Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:17 am

Least surprising story to me: Jazzland/6 Flags NO; that was a kickback boondoggle from the getgo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing   Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:19 am

Some great stuff there. I'll have to spend more time on that blog. I did not know about the LHC that was being built in Texas that was abandoned. 14 miles of tunnels... think I just found my next home. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing   Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:46 am

George Kaplan wrote:

Wasn't that 90s movie "Nothing but Trouble" with Chase, Candy, and Ackroyd based on Centralia?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing   Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:36 am

Have bookmarked it to go back to and spend some more time with! Thanks Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing   Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:01 am

SUPERB ! cheers cheers cheers

I drove past Centralia a couple times, before the state closed the road (maybe 20 years ago). The air smelled like a winter day when people's furnaces all used soft coal. The weird part was, there were wisps of smoke coming up out of the ground.

cat What a Face study
Back to top Go down
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing   Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:57 am

idbowman wrote:
George Kaplan wrote:

Wasn't that 90s movie "Nothing but Trouble" with Chase, Candy, and Ackroyd based on Centralia?

I'm not familiar with that film, but I think the video game Silent Hill was inspired by it.
I was amazed to read that there were still a few people living there as of 2009. I guess for some people, the right to stay on your own land is just a bit more important than living someplace that's not on fire. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing   Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:02 am

Cool website! And Centralia is creepy as hell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing   Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Eagle Mountain kind of reminds me of the shell of a town that was once the lauded Salton Sea in California. It's disturbing, but creepy and cool in a way. When out in the bush, I see lots of abandoned buildings, century-old projects that had-been, and I dig them.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing   Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:59 pm

I didn't even know the Saulton Sea existed! I bet it is a balmy 104 year 'round there.... Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing   Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:05 pm

It's not that bad, but it ain't good, either. Apparently people in L.A. are complaining they can smell the dead fish that washes on shore by the ton each day. Laughing Which always makes me giggle.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing   Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Thanks great website. Ive actually been thru Centralia Pa. several times...very creepy place.

Last edited by flytyer on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IndySmoker

Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing   Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:56 pm

oh great! Another website to make time fly at work Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Max

Registration date : 2010-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing   Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:12 pm

Arghhhhh!!!1

MisterE, why did you do this to me?

I try not to waste TOO much time browsing sites but this one keeps me on for way too much time.

It's lots of fun though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Cool site! Weird, Forgotten and Sometimes Interesting Thing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: