Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jers

Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 8:45 am

dpkrause wrote:
Dutch you have me addicted. Here is my second and latest Moretti:

Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 P1030842_zps5d020670

Stunner! Beautiful grain & finish - congratulations! cheers cheers

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 12:14 am

Here is the Rhodesian that just arrived 3 days ago, an outstanding example of Marco's work, and ideal for clenching.

Notice the interior of the bowl. Marco always leaves his bores with very slight tool marks, which makes building a thin protective layer of cake much easier. For a grand total of $104.12 USD including shipping, this kind of quality is a fantastic bargain in todays pipe market.

Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 DSC00280

Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 DSC00281
Back to top Go down
GuitarMyFriend

GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Here's a Moretti Dutch, Just picked it up today...
Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 Photo_10

My Girlfriend are two hours away from where we live on a small vacation, and I found a tobacconist, and some antique shops. Lot of fun. The guys at the antique shops had no idea what-so-ever about pipes, and the guys at the Tobacconist where answering all my questions. I even bought a Makers Mark Cigar a small twist cigar punch, and at the antique shop, I bought an old Gem Micro Matic single bladed razor. I've had fun today.
Zach
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Hey-Suess Maria, that bowl looks like it could hold 2 oz of 'baccy weed easily!

Is it just the camera angle or is it really that large??

affraid

Cheers,

RR

GuitarMyFriend wrote:

My Girlfriend are two hours away from where we live on a small vacation, and I found a tobacconist, and some antique shops. Lot of fun. The guys at the antique shops had no idea what-so-ever about pipes, and the guys at the Tobacconist where answering all my questions. I even bought a Makers Mark Cigar a small twist cigar punch, and at the antique shop, I bought an old Gem Micro Matic single bladed razor. I've had fun today.
Zach

Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 Purple11x 2Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 Bombx10  Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 Bombx7Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 D6bddf10 Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
GuitarMyFriend

GuitarMyFriend

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:01 pm

IT ALMOST SWALLOWS UP A WHOLE CZECH TOOL!!!!!!!
THE BEASTIE IS HUGE!!!!!!
Zach
Back to top Go down
GuitarMyFriend

GuitarMyFriend

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:01 am

I mean when it's extended also... Tamper down, reamer up kinda deal. Just the head of the reamer is showing. My middle finger doesn't even touch the bottom!!!
Zach
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:54 am

GuitarMyFriend wrote:

Zach

Very cool Zach! That would be an ideal piece of briar for a faster burning cigar blend like Billy Budd by C&D. Being a smooth finish and such a large Oom Paul style pipe, that one would be worth about twice what the average clencher would sell for.

I just saw Marco sell a very large Oom Paul style rusticated version that went for $373.00 including shipping, so the larger bowled pipes are certainly highly sought after. Congrats on a very cool score! cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by Dutch on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:41 pm

GuitarMyFriend wrote:

Cool pipe!
Great "pipe face" in the pic, as well! cheers
Back to top Go down
GuitarMyFriend

GuitarMyFriend

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 5:10 pm

Well Thank You Guys!!! It's my new found love.
Zach
Back to top Go down
George Kaplan

George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:14 am

GuitarMyFriend wrote:
... It's my new found love.

Shhhh... Don't let that lady in your avatar pic hear you say that! Razz
Awesome pipe, BTW.
Back to top Go down
Hawker

Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 2:39 am

GuitarMyFriend wrote:

Zach

Guitar, with the HUGE size of that pipe your not trying to over-compensate for something are you. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
GuitarMyFriend

GuitarMyFriend

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 am

Ha! The only thing I'm trying to over-compensate for is lack of Moretti's. I figure this one at least counts as three... And lack of nice pipes... And lack of facial hair... and lack of money... pretty much everything but what you may have been leaning towards Hawker!!!
Zach
Back to top Go down
Hawker

Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:53 am

GuitarMyFriend wrote:
Ha! The only thing I'm trying to over-compensate for is lack of Moretti's. I figure this one at least counts as three... And lack of nice pipes... And lack of facial hair... and lack of money... pretty much everything but what you may have been leaning towards Hawker!!!
Zach

I hear ya, those Moretti's look awsome. Just added to my wish list for when funds are available. Saving for a Tinsky Xmas pipe first. Congrat's on the awsome pipe & weekend.
Back to top Go down
GuitarMyFriend

GuitarMyFriend

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Thanks Brother!!! It was an amazing weekend...
Zach
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:16 am

Latest acquisition, my 23rd. This translucent acrylic stem is by far my favorite style, of all that Marco creates.....

Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 DSC00284_zps1452a5f2

Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 DSC00285_zps71cc1552
Back to top Go down
Pipe Smoker

Pipe Smoker

Registration date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:48 am

Beautiful pipe, Dutch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Jers

Jers

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:47 am

Beautiful pipe Dutch! Fantastic grain and staining! cheers cheers

I have my eye on one of Marco's pipes at present.

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Man, that one is gorgeous!
Nice acquisition.
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:18 pm

Check out the grain on this latest addition. The straight grain might not impress Fred Hanna, but I was speechless when I pulled it out of the blue velvet pipe bag.

Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 DSC00309_zps3dbe79a5

Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 DSC00310_zps6e5021ff
Back to top Go down
Hawker

Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:39 pm

Been saving for a Tinsky 2012 Xmas Pipe & had a moment of weakness & couldn't resist this Moretti 1/2 Bent Brandy from Briar Blues for $100.
Showed up yesterday and is in like new condition.
Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 Morett10
Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 Morett11

Loaded up & ready to go with Boswell's Berry Cobler. Smoked great.
Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 Morett12
My first Moretti, very impressed, nice workmanship. Thanks Dutch for pointing them out.
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 2:46 am

Hawker wrote:
Been saving for a Tinsky 2012 Xmas Pipe & had a moment of weakness & couldn't resist this Moretti 1/2 Bent Brandy from Briar Blues for $100.
Showed up yesterday and is in like new condition.
Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 Morett10
Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 Morett11

Loaded up & ready to go with Boswell's Berry Cobler. Smoked great.
Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 Morett12
My first Moretti, very impressed, nice workmanship. Thanks Dutch for pointing them out.

Hawker, that is a gorgeous Bent Brandy. Glad I could be of assistance in helping you build your collection, and I hope you are as happy with it in the long run as I am with mine! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Jers

Jers

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 2:35 am

Dutch - I'm with you 100% on the grain on that pipe - stunning! cheers cheers

Hawker - congratulations on a great purchase! cheers cheers

I used to drink Asbach brandy years ago (it was a couple of guys I worked with that put me onto it) - great stuff.

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:11 am

My latest acquisition, from Marco's "Collection" series. An 8.5 inch by 3 inch Cavalier with a morta foot.....

Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 DSC00311_zpsd573c8ab

Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 DSC00312_zps380e71d4

Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 DSC00313_zps1877a560

Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 DSC00314_zpsa42cc847

Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 DSC00315_zps91321058

Back to top Go down
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:08 am

Dutch looks like another couple of great additions to your collection! LOve the straight grain and that cavalier is crazy!

Hawker - I'm glad you saw that pipe first! Great find!
Back to top Go down
alfredo_buscatti

alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:41 pm

I'm becoming more friendly with the cavalier shape, but the extension to the front serves no purpose other than to extend the line of the shank through the bowl. Thus it seems to be odd.
Back to top Go down

Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next