HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dutch

avatar

Age : 52
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:35 am

alfredo_buscatti wrote:
I'm becoming more friendly with the cavalier shape, but the extension to the front serves no purpose other than to extend the line of the shank through the bowl. Thus it seems to be odd.

Alfredo, actually the cavalier design is very functional, as it serves as a moisture trap, similar in function to the Peterson system pipe. With a cavalier, you should experience a cool dry smoke, and rarely need to use a pipe cleaner during smoking.

I have 3 in my collection now, including a Sadik Yanik cavalier, as well as an old GBD Collector Prehistoric. They are all very functional in design. A classic example of the old adage, "Form follows function."

Thanks for the comments guys! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

avatar

Age : 24
Location : Ludington, MI
Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:04 pm

I'VE GOT ONE COMING TO ME RATHER SOON!!!!!!!!
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

avatar

Age : 52
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:21 pm

GuitarMyFriend wrote:
I'VE GOT ONE COMING TO ME RATHER SOON!!!!!!!!
Zach

Looking forward to seeing her Zach! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

avatar

Age : 24
Location : Ludington, MI
Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:47 pm

It'll be posted under the PAD/TAD first, than I'll post a picture here...
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

avatar

Age : 24
Location : Ludington, MI
Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:55 pm



HOW'S THIS?!?!?! (Dang you Dutch for getting me into these beauties!!!)

Talked to Mr. Marco for a week or two, and he made it exactly how I pictured it! Even better actually. It goes right along with my Super Magnum Oom Paul! Now I have my very own "Custom Super Magnum Fan Moretti!!!

Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide



Age : 55
Location : Benton, Louisiana
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Congratulations Zach!

Beautiful pipe!

Could do double duty as a weapon Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

avatar

Age : 55
Location : Alaska
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:09 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide



Age : 55
Location : Benton, Louisiana
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:52 pm

You guys better be well stocked with tobacco!!!!

Great looking pipe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

avatar

Age : 43
Location : Oregon
Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Those are good looking pipes for marathon smokes! Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Dutch

avatar

Age : 52
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:10 am

Those are 2 beauties guys! cheers cheers cheers

I really prefer the bents when I am smoking a magnum Moretti. They make it much easier to get the pipe lit, as you are able to direct the flame into the bowl much easier.

I'm sure you guys will enjoy your Moretti's as much as I have mine. Marco is fantasitc to buy from and work with. As his emails usually state, he is always at your disposal for any and all questions or requests that a buyer may have concerning a pipe.

He is the epitome of customer service, and raises the bar for other pipe carvers in the industry!


Last edited by Dutch on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

avatar

Age : 55
Location : Alaska
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:30 am

Thanks Dutch! This thread is what prompted me to bid on this pipe. I Almost bailed when the price got up there though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

avatar

Age : 52
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:39 am

Fatman wrote:
Thanks Dutch! This thread is what prompted me to bid on this pipe. I Almost bailed when the price got up there though.

Fatman, it is really difficult to acquire one of the magnum Moretti's for less than $150, so your winning bid is right on par.

I suspect if you ever decide to sell her, you will get most of your investment back. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jers

avatar

Location : Ireland
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:32 am

Very unique pipes guys - truly made for the pleasure of a long smoke. They look fantastic - congratulations! cheers cheers

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

avatar

Age : 24
Location : Ludington, MI
Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Look at this BEAUTY!!!!!
Perfect Morning smoke!!!!





The only reason I woke up this morning!!! I think tonight, there's gonna be another LONG smoke in it!!!
Thanks Mr. Marco!!!
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishnbanjo

avatar

Age : 67
Location : southern me
Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:43 am

Congrats, enjoy that beauty, here is my incoming Moretti Morta




GuitarMyFriend wrote:
Look at this BEAUTY!!!!!
Perfect Morning smoke!!!!





The only reason I woke up this morning!!! I think tonight, there's gonna be another LONG smoke in it!!!
Thanks Mr. Marco!!!
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
Dutch

avatar

Age : 52
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:34 pm

Gorgeous pipes guys! cheers cheers cheers

Here is a little 4.6" brucianaso with a 5/16th mortise bore that I just received this week. This one will be a joy to clench, and most likely dedicated to a quality flake tobacco.....







Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

avatar

Age : 52
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:30 am

Just scored this slightly bent olivewood billiard about a month ago, and I am really enjoying this pipe. I have dedicated this pipe to McClellands Grand Orientals Drama Reserve, and this 2 to 1 bowl configuration is really delivering some great flavors. I also like the color of the olivewood when it heats up during smoking. The pics just don't do this pipe justice.....



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jers

avatar

Location : Ireland
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:13 am

Fantastic pipes Dutch - Congratulations! cheers cheers

I've missed out on this thread for a while, glad to find it again!

How does the grain in the olive wood change as the bowl heats? It sounds intriguing.

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

avatar

Age : 52
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:02 am

Jers wrote:
Fantastic pipes Dutch - Congratulations! cheers cheers

I've missed out on this thread for a while, glad to find it again!

How does the grain in the olive wood change as the bowl heats? It sounds intriguing.

Fraternally

Jers

Jers, thanks for your interest. Well, when the pipe is cold, it has a very flat appearance without any shine at all to the finish. Once I begin smoking it, and it warms up a little, it takes on a much deeper colors, and the variation in the colors is much more pronounced. I am anxious to see if this olivewood pipe colors over time, in the same way nekkid briar pipes do. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipe'n Prof

avatar

Age : 41
Location : Seattle
Registration date : 2013-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Thu May 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Well, this thread really peaked my interest for a Moretti. I found this one last week and had to pick it up. She smokes incredibly cool and passes a pipe cleaner easily, something none of my other full bents do without considerable work. Rustication is beautiful and hangs in the mouth just right. I might be hooked drunken

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jers

avatar

Location : Ireland
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Thu May 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Sweet pipe! Congratulations! cheers cheers

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

avatar

Age : 52
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Thu May 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Pipe'n Prof wrote:
Well, this thread really peaked my interest for a Moretti. I found this one last week and had to pick it up. She smokes incredibly cool and passes a pipe cleaner easily, something none of my other full bents do without considerable work. Rustication is beautiful and hangs in the mouth just right. I might be hooked drunken


One of the features I like most about Marco's pipes, is that the stem work is as spot on as the rest of the pipe. Congrats on a fine acquisition PnP! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipe'n Prof

avatar

Age : 41
Location : Seattle
Registration date : 2013-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Thu May 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Dutch wrote:
Pipe'n Prof wrote:
Well, this thread really peaked my interest for a Moretti. I found this one last week and had to pick it up. She smokes incredibly cool and passes a pipe cleaner easily, something none of my other full bents do without considerable work. Rustication is beautiful and hangs in the mouth just right. I might be hooked drunken


One of the features I like most about Marco's pipes, is that the stem work is as spot on as the rest of the pipe. Congrats on a fine acquisition PnP! cheers cheers cheers

I wholeheartedly agree, Dutch. The attention to detail is fantastic! When holding the pipe up the the light, not even a sliver of light shows through between the stem and briar. This is one of the tests I like to do when evaluating a pipe. The union is perfect and tight. First rate. It'll take me a while to build up a collection of Moretti's as sweet as yours, though. Wink I might have to try now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

avatar

Age : 52
Location : Alberta
Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Fri May 24, 2013 1:03 am

Nice looking Moretti Pipe'nProf. I'm just waiting arrival of a similar one in black. Only have one Moretti so far but the fit & finish on that one is flawless. Great pipes for the money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

avatar

Age : 52
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!   Fri May 24, 2013 4:02 am

Pipe'n Prof wrote:
Dutch wrote:
Pipe'n Prof wrote:
Well, this thread really peaked my interest for a Moretti. I found this one last week and had to pick it up. She smokes incredibly cool and passes a pipe cleaner easily, something none of my other full bents do without considerable work. Rustication is beautiful and hangs in the mouth just right. I might be hooked drunken


One of the features I like most about Marco's pipes, is that the stem work is as spot on as the rest of the pipe. Congrats on a fine acquisition PnP! cheers cheers cheers

I wholeheartedly agree, Dutch. The attention to detail is fantastic! When holding the pipe up the the light, not even a sliver of light shows through between the stem and briar. This is one of the tests I like to do when evaluating a pipe. The union is perfect and tight. First rate. It'll take me a while to build up a collection of Moretti's as sweet as yours, though. Wink I might have to try now.

PnP, not sure if you have read Dr. Fred Hanna's book titled "The Perfect Smoke," but he dedicates an entire chapter to discussing the value of the Moretti pipe brand. The chapter is titled, "More With Moretti," and he goes into detail about his affection for the brand, and Marco Biagini's skill as a pipemaker. I think this says a lot about the brand, considering that Dr. Hanna's actual focus in collecting is firmly centered on extra high grade straight grains. Yet he devotes an entire chapter in his 2012 book, on the quality and value of Marco's pipes.

Plus, Marco is the most honest guy you would ever want to do business with. I know if I ever needed to return or exchange a pipe, Marco would make it right, however because of the way he does business, I have never had to consider a return. In fact in most cases, the pictures don't do the pipe justice, making the box opening always a very pleasant experience.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Paul Ryan Big-Game Hunting Pics are making the moonbats bark.....
» New Random Pics
» shader pack pics
» News Pics and More...
» Pics management help needed ( a question about outside image links ) PunBB.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: