HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Some folks can spoil it for all !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:23 pm

Many people completely misread the turn the other cheek teaching. It is neither pure pacifism nor is it merely a metaphor, it is about standing up against an abuser and saying, I will not respond in kind... but you will respect me as an equal.

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:47 pm

Interesting series of comments. For me, after my post graduate work in death and killing at the Univ. of South Vietnam back in 69, I've found it easier to walk away from most situations. Found out it and folks like that are just not worth it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:50 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Interesting series of comments. For me, after my post graduate work in death and killing at the Univ. of South Vietnam back in 69, I've found it easier to walk away from most situations. Found out it and folks like that are just not worth it.

Hell of a school. Sad Puts things in perspective.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:55 pm

my dad is a graduate of that school, he doesn't talk about his time there.

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:17 pm

The world is full of buffoons whose mouths are way too big for their brains, and it just isn't practical to try to beat sense into every one of them who irritates you. Some days you'd be doing nothing else but. Usually, these guys aren't worth the powder it would take to blow them up, let alone a broken hand. Or worse, your fav pipe could be damaged.

Anyone remember the old J.R. boards? Some (not all, by any means) of the cigar guys used to harass the pipers regularly. I thought most of it was just jerks being jerks, but others were really offended. It was interesting, because you could often pinpoint exactly when a guy began to let the needling get the better of him.

You can't control the other guy, but you can control your own response, as every football coach in the country says several times every weekend.

Ya did the smart thing, Monbla. Well played.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:36 pm

I'm usually a non confrontational man... walking a Buddhist path, but my path aint that traditional and some Knuckle heads need to be taught to show some respect to their elders and there betters. You were the bigger man and I eternally respect you for that, but in my humble opinion next time you should give them a little "Irish Diplomacy" , the art of telling a man to go to hell and making him look forward to the trip. You should show them the wit an "effeminate, brainiac pipe smoker" can deal out when they want to... I know I'm past my 20's but damn I despise my generation... they are nasty ignorant kids... I apologize for the rudeness of my generation and promise you that there are a few respectful "men" from it. I bet those 20 something Bubbas couldn't take a leak without wetting the front of their pants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:38 pm

Hey Monbla - I say a bunch of us should meet up and all go in there at once and Lat-Bomb the hell out of the place - when the uppity cigar smokers are in there and making their scene. Twisted Evil

I'll bring plenty of Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard and a MM Freehand! Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Hey Monbla - I say a bunch of us should meet up and all go in there at once and Lat-Bomb the hell out of the place - when the uppity cigar smokers are in there and making their scene. Twisted Evil

Great Idea... Get a guy like Rev ( 6ft 10in and shoulders as wide as a door) and a guy like me ( short, stocky, scarred up, long hair, missing and eye) to be street howitzer for intimidation factor while the rest of you guys smoke em' out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IndySmoker

Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Wish there'd been a Lat smoker in your group to blow nice big blue smoke in their faces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tech2576

Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:45 pm

You know, in my younger days I would have waded right into that and probably spent some time in the slammer.
I am to old for that but, am almost always much better armed than any knuckle head I may run across.

With that said, walking away is the best option.

Mombla, you did the right thing and I think you know that. Them boys are not worth it.

Thank you for protecting my rights and spending a very precious part of your life to do it.
Carry on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:54 pm

tech2576 wrote:
You know, in my younger days I would have waded right into that and probably spent some time in the slammer.

Been there, Brother! Done more than one over-nighter to cool down. Had to learn the hard way, you know... Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Didn't Frued have a theory about cigar smoking and the penis? Might have been worth mentioning. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:50 pm

shootist51 wrote:
Didn't Frued have a theory about cigar smoking and the penis? Might have been worth mentioning. lol!

I think he said "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". He was a heavy cigar smoker and I imagine he got tired of people pointing out the irony in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gumball

Registration date : 2011-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:55 am

monbla256 wrote:
These guys were insulting about the " effeminate, brainiac" pipe smokers

When did being either or both 'effeminate' and a 'brainiac' become a term of insult?

I am sure good old Oscar Wilde would have had a few witty bon mots with which to bamboozle your cigar smoking foes Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:24 pm

I don't act effeminate. But when I do, I make sure it's in the winking eye-shot of guys just like that.

(...better be careful what I ask for, even in jest, eh? I love you )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:28 am

Monbla, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience but, these people are all around nowadays here, it's a new breed of Texan I'm not
happy with either. I use to live in Lakeworth until 1980 which is just outside Fort Worth and things were different back then. Since then I've moved to a little town in East Texas and it's a different world now. I still have a hard time believing there really Texans, they've had to have been bussed in from some other place of distaste. 90% of them are narrow minded self serving little pecker-woods that aint got the sense of a bag of hammers between them. I recently had to go to the Dallas area and was astonished by the lack of courtesy and "Gotta be in front" mentality there was. Most of them need to turn in their membership card to humanity. As far as I'm concerned, there not Texans and they wouldn't make a pimple on a Texans rear. My remedy is to just keep movin further back in the woods, I've given up on them all.

And just as a side note, most of them have never heard of Lone Star beer, what's that tell ya?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 am

Rob_In_MO wrote:

I'll bring plenty of Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard and a MM Freehand! Cool

I'm in for that.
Also pipe smoking automatically gives you the right to think about a witty answer for a couple puffs, then point your stem at the persons face and spout a witty yet taunting remark. We all need giant pipes that will cause us to sit for hours and smoke but that will also double as fantastic "self-defense" weapons. I think a Sasquatch 747 to the side of the dome would end about any disagreement, and the bowl is deep enough I could just keep puffing afterward because there would still be tobacco in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:42 am

Give them half a bowl of GH Dark Flake and see how manly they act.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Some folks can spoil it for all !   Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Yup, peckerwoods.
For some reason I can see the police stopping by the tobacconist to break up a fight..just like saturday night at the local bar. Ain't no reason for that behavior other than that they are allowed to do it. I guess if you are insecure you need to run down other people to inflate your ego. Just like one of those people who have spent their lives looking at the south end of a north bound mule running down a doctor because he's not the same skin shade as them..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Some folks can spoil it for all !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3