HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:13 pm

Marty (LIPIPE) and others?

Are you hunkering down?

Hope you come through this OK. The news makes it look like it's pretty serious!!

affraid

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:55 pm

Looks like it could be a nasty storm! The forecast here keeps flipping between 'chance of tropical storm force winds and 3 inches of rain' and 'might be breezy'. Glad luck to all in the direct path!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Definitely - best wishes to all in it's path.

Dr T - just load up that Clay Pipe and ride it out. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBrad

Registration date : 2012-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:00 pm

I am square in the center of the state in the mountains of PA. I fully expect this is overated media hype. I serviced the back up generator today regardless. Hope all stay safe and we need the rain!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:00 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steveaux

Registration date : 2012-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:24 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:31 pm

Supposed to roll right over us. Stocked up on milk bread batteries and diapers today. Got the pump ready to go just incase the basement floods. Got a few good books a case of beer and plenty to smoke so we'll be alright.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:36 pm

Hang in there guys and check back in as soon as you can!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:52 am

Dave_In_Philly wrote:
Stocked up on milk bread batteries and diapers today. Got the pump ready to go just incase the basement floods. Got a few good books a case of beer and plenty to smoke so we'll be alright.

Now there is a Brother who knows how to prepare! Cool

You all in the path - best of luck, Brothers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:15 am

The darn storm is keeping my kids USS Enterprise task force from coming home (Newport News, Virginia) when planned. They have been out to sea almost eight months now. The news media is sure giving this storm a lot of hype. Hopefully that is what it turns out to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:25 am

Mikem wrote:
The darn storm is keeping my kids USS Enterprise task force from coming home (Newport News, Virginia) when planned. They have been out to sea almost eight months now. The news media is sure giving this storm a lot of hype. Hopefully that is what it turns out to be.

Hope they get to make port soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:52 am

How hard I get hit depends on how far south the canadian cold air mass dips over lake ontario. The lake is at 59 degrees and ripe for delivering lake effect storms if Sandy meets up with the canadian frigid air. We're expecting power outages from high winds so I've pulled out the generator for fridge and freezer, propane heaters, and have battened down the hatches. The Old Boys are full of butane, uncellared some prime weed, and have a Coleman lantern by my lazyboy. lol!

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:57 am

Mikem wrote:

I hope your right about the hype. It looks like it's going to hit SW PA pretty good.

I hope your son makes it home soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:27 am

wife and pups are in have Havelock NC (on the coast). well prepared with 2 cases of water, plenty of dog food, and some MREs from a field op, if it comes down to it. lil nervous not being home with them Neutral . she'll be ok im sure though. lets hope this one dies down some. stay safe everyone
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:52 am

KV - sounds like they're prepared. Keep us updated as the storm gets closer to landfall and you find out anything more, Brother!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:15 pm

Not in the direct path, but near the coast in the Boston area. We are supposed to experience heavy rain and strong winds with likely chances of power outages.

My first hurricane.

Have enough to keep me going through a couple day lack of power, but will be collecting a few more supplies today.

Those of you who are in the direct path, I wish you well and hope no harm comes to you and yours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
Irish Mike

Registration date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:50 pm

Bracing for it here on Long Island, expecting widespread flooding along the north and south shores. We will probably lose power at some point, I just hope its not for long, 7 to 10 days is not out of the question here. We'll be ok here though, we survived Irene last year with minimal damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:54 pm

Hang in, Mike. I don't think we've heard from Marty in a while (lipipe), so I hope he weathers the storm well, too.

We're expecting some river/watershed flooding here in NE Ohio (nothing major), and we're just dealing with the "spinoff" showers. Best of luck to all of you in the direct path!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
christeaux

Registration date : 2011-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Dave_In_Philly wrote:
Supposed to roll right over us. Stocked up on milk bread batteries and diapers today. Got the pump ready to go just incase the basement floods. Got a few good books a case of beer and plenty to smoke so we'll be alright.

How often have you had storms that knocked out your power for an extended amount of time, or caused flooding?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tech2576

Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Stay safe everyone and checkin as soon as you can after it's passed, so we know you are ok.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Looks like it might be pulling away from SW PA. Good luck to all of you who will be affected!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:38 pm

Central CT. Full tanks on all cars, cars parked strategically re: trees, 9 gallons in cans for the generator, plenty of Chef Boy R Dee on hand, batteries, decks cleared of flying objects, cell phones charged, clean underwear available for everyone for a week, etcetc.

Observation: local weather forecasts are threatening, but unspecific about specifics like wind mph. The Weather channel forecasts plenty o' rain for the week, but winds of 34 mph on Mon, much less on Tues. If that turns out to be accurate I'll be happy. If there's an outage for an extended period and there's no damage to the house, we're heading North out of the damage zone to eat lobstah dinners 'til power is restored.

Good luck to all BoBs and their families.

Since I expect to be roughing it for at least a few days, I'd say RLP-6 in No Name briars is an appropriate choice.

Added: Latest report says greatest damage expected from storm surge, not wind. Storm Sandy is a combo of hurricane and Nor'easter. It's occuring partially during a full moon which heightens tides. Since it's a slow-moving storm, there will be four tides, not the usual one in a typical eastern hurricane. Gov. urges people on the coast to vamoose, because after the first tide rescues will likely be impossible.

Last edited by KevinM on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:58 pm

In northeast Pa here spent the last couple days buttoning up the house and putting things away outside.Looks like a couple days of high wind and a lot of rain, hopefully we dont loose power so the sump pump can keep things dry in the basement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Feeling pretty prepared here on the CT shore (we are inland and on high ground, but the city abuts the shore.)

I am still nonplused by my employer's reluctance to decisively cancel anything. In fairness, it is a large medical organization, but I am at best a beancounter (and on most days, a beancounter for other beancounters)... it wouldn't kill them to declare work-from-home for non-essential staff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
LIPIPE

Location : Setauket,Long Island and upstate Granville, New York
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:41 pm

Marty's here checking in with brothers. Hunkered down now for the big one. Smoking a Nording bowl of Penzance so you know how I'm suffering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Any brothers in harm's way? (Sandy hurricane)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next