HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Steelers.... What the...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Steelers.... What the...   Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:00 pm

The throwback uniforms. Looks like Tigger bred with some oversized mutant bumble bee. Epic fail Laughing

But, they're playin well. Maybe they should keep wearin em. Maybe the Redskins just can't play football and laugh at the same time Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:02 pm

The Redskins just can't play Steeler football.

They had what -- 11 dropped passes ?

Buncha' p*ssy wide receivers. They must not be used to defenders hitting them.

Now if we could just stop getting kickoff-/punt-returns for
touchdowns/l . . o . . n . .g gainers called back on d*ckheaded penalties by special teams dimwits . . .

cat What a Face study

Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Heh, the Rams did exactly as expected today. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Hard earned 4th quarter comeback for my Bears... shouldn't have been in this predicament against the 1 - 5 (now 1 - 6) Carolina Panthers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Yeah those Steelers uni's were an epic embarrassment. However, when you can come out dressed like that and still win the game, that's Macho.

My four year old asked me if they were the Bumble-Bees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:57 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Yeah those Steelers uni's were an epic embarrassment. However, when you can come out dressed like that and still win the game, that's Macho.

My four year old asked me if they were the Bumble-Bees.

I had to go look at the uniforms after what y'all have said. No wonder they won, looking at those uniforms makes ya' dizzy. Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:58 pm

I hope the Bronco's wear their throwbacks tonight...it's the only uni that comes remotely close to matching the Steelers' monstrosity.

Last weekend was great though - I always love to see Pat the Patriot and Bucco Bruce make an appearance!

Edit: And by throwbacks, I don't mean the lighter blue and orange of the Elway era. I mean these suckers:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:10 pm

I like them, despite my dislike for the Steelers. They truly look like throw-backs from a different time. Good one on them. They sure took apart the Redskins and RGIII. I knew they would be peaking as the Ravens start to disintegrate....we still face them two times this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:59 pm

I think it's kind of neat that sports teams and individual players (noticeable in baseball) are starting to "go back" a little with the uniform styling...things sure are going back full-circle, huh? Hopefully sportsmanship and less "superstardom" follows.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:01 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
I think it's kind of neat that sports teams and individual players (noticeable in baseball) are starting to "go back" a little with the uniform styling...things sure are going back full-circle, huh? Hopefully sportsmanship and less "superstardom" follows.

Cool

Ha! Don't hold your breathe waiting for that, Kyle. I've come to like you here too much and would miss your posts... Wink Laughing

Last edited by Simple Man on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Simple Man wrote:
Ha! Don't hold your breathe waiting for that, Kyle. I've come to like you here to much and would miss your posts... Wink Laughing

I'll make sure to die at the mercy of the desert, getting stranded merely as coyote food than waiting for sports to be less corporate and more honorable. It's a pipe dream, true. "Always has been, always will be." Hey, on a positive note, at least the good ones shine more brightly.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:14 pm

But they aren't larger than life any more No

cat What a Face study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:02 pm

OK -- Back on topic.

Ever seen a more crookedly officiated game in your life ? New York (Commissioner Stinkwad in attendance) was clearly intended to come out with a "feel good win" for NYC. It was beyond even transparent and blatant.

But it just peeved the Steelers off. lol!

Mike Tomlin wrote:
Whoop people's asses. That's football.

cat What a Face study
Back to top Go down
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:59 am

Yak wrote:
New York (Commissioner Stinkwad in attendance) was clearly intended to come out with a "feel good win" for NYC. It was beyond even transparent and blatant.

I hate to agree with you, but that first touchdown drive had me thinking the same think. I didn't think it was too bad after that though. Steelers won fair and square in the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:17 am

I'm assuming you agree with the PI call that moved NY from their 35 to the Pgh. 35.

But then there was Clark's block in the end zone -- while the ball was still in the air -- that got called a helmet hit on 3rd down. Replay shows it was a legal shoulder hit to the midsection ; the NY guy left the field with sore ribs. No head contact. That gave them a first from the one & 7 when they would have had to settle for three -- a four point swing.

(That's even conceding that NY scored on the ball extension past the plane of the goal after the runner was already down with the ball about a foot shy of it).

Then we come to the curiously incomplete forward pass-looking "fumble" that traveled maybe 5 yards upfield through the air before it hit the ground. Even Mike Peralta (retired head of NFL officiating) tweeted that call was bad. Oh, and the flagrant block in the back of Heath Miller who was pursuing the lineman who'd picked the ball up toward the end zone that wasn't called on that same play. 4 + 7 = 11 point swing courtesy of the same crew of turkeys that mutilated Superbowl XL.

cat What a Face study

Back to top Go down
Dave_In_Philly

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:33 pm

I agree with all three. No pass interference, legal hit in the end zone (though, ill advised) and that Bradshaw didn't make it into the end zone. The call in the end zone was wrong but wasn't as egregious as the other two. In real time, it looked bad.

I don't agree about the fumble. That was no forward pass. The hit knocked the ball loose and Ben did what he's supposed to, tried to make it look like a throw. The refs got that one right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:30 pm

The hit to the ribs in the end zone was a travesty. But, I do agree that was a fumble. The Steelers took it to them, that is for sure. I dread playing them twice in three weeks..........one if not both will be a Ravens roast......
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:47 pm

Nay guys.

Nobody got a hand on the ball.

Brief hand to the forearm.

See for yourselves :
http://www.realclearsports.com/video/2012/11/05/roethlisbergers_controversial_tuck_rule_fumble.html

cat What a Face study

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:16 pm

PS : Yeah, admittedly, you can selectively magnify the "loss of control" aspect into the whole picture, but it's in the face of the fundamental "arm going forward" principle. Same Talmudic bullshit mentality that they used to rule Troy's interception in the Colts/Steelers playoff game (2005 season) a "fumble" after he'd caught it and run 10 yards.

I'm HIGHLY suspicious of the way they have Catch-22s like that to turn obvious calls (like the ground cannot cause a fumble) inside out (contact with the ground jarred the ball semi-loose, so it's not a completed pass reception).

It's NICE to see us finally playing the way the Steelers of years past have. If they keep it up, "Seventh Heaven" is on the horizon.

cat What a Face study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:21 am

NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass . . .

cat What a Face study
Back to top Go down
Dave_In_Philly

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:52 pm

Yak wrote:
NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass . . .

cat What a Face study

The issue is that the ball was already knocked loose before his arm started to move forward.

I can't watch the link you posted, but from what I remember of the replay I saw during the game, it seemed pretty clear that his arm was not moving forward until after he was hit. The question was whether he lost control of the ball because of the hit, or sometime after he started the throwing motion. I suspect it was the former, and I would bet he made the forward motion in the hopes of having the fumble ruled a forward pass (a la Derek Jeter rubbing his arm after not being hit by a pitch.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:41 pm

Watch, OK ?

When you can.

cat What a Face study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:46 pm

hawaiiansteel wrote:
It costs a receiver $15,000 and his team $35,000 if that player gets a leg cramp during a fourth quarter drive.

Those are the amounts Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders and the Steelers were fined, respectively, for Sanders' alleged "fake" leg cramp during the Steelers' 24-17 win over Cincinnati in Week 7.

Sanders sat out one play while drinking water or Gatorade while trainers massaged his calf.

Troy Polamalu suffered an injury to his calf in the Steelers' win over Philadelphia, and hobbled off the field in a similar fashion. The league bought the notion he was actually hurt when he missed the team's next four games. Apparently, though, he would not have been allowed to return without being subjected to a fine.

Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz physically displayed all the symptoms of being hit in the head by Steelers safety Ryan Clark in the Steelers' 24-20 win in Week 9. Replay clearly shows he wasn't hit anywhere near his head.

Cruz laid all but motionless on the ground, convincing the back judge Clark must have hit him in the head. Cruz miraculously got up from his chalk-outlined body after the official threw a flag, penalizing the Steelers 15 yards for a "blow to the head."

No statement from the league has been released on whether Cruz will be subjected to the same punishment, begging the question, why should a receiver fake a leg cramp when he'd get 15 yards and a free timeout if he acted like he got hit in the head?

We all know these questions will never be answered, nor will ones pertaining to the randomly below acceptable level of officiating from that Week 9 game.

Chalk it up to "Us Against The World," which, for the Steelers, has made an unexpected yet dramatic comeback in 2012.
http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/39064-Steelers-Sanders-Fined-50K-for-Phantom-Cramp

cat What a Face study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:02 pm

"Why? Because it was on a prime time game and Collinsworth and Michaels went on and on about him faking. As I have said many times, Goodell punishes noise. The louder the complaining gets, the stiffer the punishment."

cat What a Face study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steelers.... What the...   Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:04 pm

RuthlessBerger wrote:
Yup...like suspending Ben for a month even though no charges were ever filed because it was front page news (ahead of actual real news, not just sports headlines), while many incidences in which lesser known players are arrested, charged, found guilty, etc. go completely unpunished by the league because that only generates a small 3 sentence blurb on page 5 of the sports section.

cat What a Face study
Back to top Go down

Steelers.... What the...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Sports Page-
Jump to: