HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Willed Briar?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Willed Briar?   Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:45 am

I know Bo Nordh pipes bring a pretty penny nowdays, as well as Tokutomi brand pipes. I see that this pipe has the nomenclature "BN" and the seller claims that the briar was "willed." Do you think "willed briar" is worth more than briar purchased on the open market?

Is it possible that the nomenclature stands for Bangladesh Navy? scratch

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140879140649&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Willed Briar?   Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:29 am

With provenance to prove it, and being sold by the right seller, could get interesting. The pipe looks like it needs some cleaning up and no proof of origin of the briar is offered, and the seller is not one of the usual Bigs. I'd be surprised if it goes for near what it could in the right circumstances, if it is what it's purported to be.

leatherneck

Registration date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: THE VALUE   Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:32 pm

I too was wondering and looking at this pipe. my question is with the buy value at 2500.00 and the current bid at 60.00 with three hours to go, i wonder what the reserve would be set at. most collection buyers would have started alot higher 'KNOWING' what the 'TRUE' value would be, not starting at such a low amount 'IF' the pipe truely is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Willed Briar?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: