HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Fresh 'Cuban' cigars, and pipes smoked on cool evenings.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Fresh 'Cuban' cigars, and pipes smoked on cool evenings.   Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:35 am

Have not had much of a chance to smoke my pipes but for the short walk between the apartment and the public transportation. Thankfully, the last several days have provided the opportunity to change that. Thursday evening I enjoy an event that included a the work of a master cigar roller. Though he did not role the cigars from start to finish I did watch him role the finish leaf on to quite a few very nice mild cigars. The body of the cigars were rolled from CT tobacco with the finish leaf being something picked up in Miami. Very skilled work which was very interesting to watch and which produced a very tasty cigar. The master invited me out to smoke one of his cigars with him. Apparently I had asked some good questions, even though his english was not so great. This master roller is Cuban after all. I was also able to pick up a couple extra cigars as they where payed for by the event coordinators. The cigars where still a little moist and the draw therefore a little tight. Give them a week or two and they will be absolutely fantastic. In all, it was an interesting evening.

Then, this evening, I went to an event for young professionals where I enjoyed a couple glasses of good wine and actually spoke to a couple people. Yes, amazing I know. After which I had a chance to load one of my favorite pipes and enjoy a good smoke as I walked home. Such a nice pipe. I could even see the stars this evening (not always an easy thing to do in the big city of Boston) while I enjoyed the nice low forties temperature. The walk was made all the more enjoyable by the wonderful scarf I have been gifted. A scarf which was hand woven for me personally by the wife of our good brother Dreadgerbil.

Really, I have had a good couple days in this post hurricane world. It really is amazing what a good smoke and a comfort of home will bring to a person so far from the elements that are familiar. Additionally, I am making myself go to different things so as to insure that I do not just go to work and or sit in the apartment doing schoolwork. Not always the easiest... well, never the easiest thing, but I expect it to be worth it over time. And in the short term? I have some great cigars, a nice walk and some good thinking time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
Steveaux

Registration date : 2012-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Fresh 'Cuban' cigars, and pipes smoked on cool evenings.   Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:01 am

Sounds like you're settling in and making the most of your new situation.

Good for you, Brother.

Ever forward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Fresh 'Cuban' cigars, and pipes smoked on cool evenings.   Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:24 am

Glad you were able to enjoy some smoking brother, congrats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J Soshae

Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Fresh 'Cuban' cigars, and pipes smoked on cool evenings.   Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:43 am

Quote :
I am making myself go to different things so as to insure that I do not just go to work and or sit in the apartment doing schoolwork

I can relate to this feeling. It always feels good afterward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Fresh 'Cuban' cigars, and pipes smoked on cool evenings.   Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:38 am

There are great people everywhere you go. They only way to meet them is to get out there. I'm glad you had a couple nice evenings!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Fresh 'Cuban' cigars, and pipes smoked on cool evenings.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: