HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:02 am

Be forewarned that I view my love of tobacco, and it is a love, notwithstanding, as an addiction. You may not and I welcome any alternative view. But I am addicted; and I am in love:).

Some of you may not have witnessed the supposed swan-song of one alfredo_buscatti last spring as he bid adieu to all things tobacco, including a big cellar and many pipes.

But ere long the siren song of tobacco once more enraptured him, and I was back. I had sold all my pipe and cigars and associated goods, but I couldn't stay away from cigarettes. I kept thinking I'll quit, as I have done so many times, but I kept buying packs.

I have finally surrendered to Peter Stokkebye Pipe Tobacco RYO (Amsterdam) and a handy-dandy rolling machine. Got a lb on the cheap for half the price of retail TOP, which is some good tobacco.

And to pipe smoking, my first and I think forever great addictive love. So many exquisites blends, and the art of pipe smoking most exquisite of all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:15 am

You sold yer pipes, tobacco and cigars,
but you smoke cigarettes?!? Shocked
Wassamatterwithyou? scratch

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:19 am

Back in the day I used to buy cases of Export A from the importer. That was after moving and not being able to buy tins of Three Castles any more. Top was better than most, but couldn't hold a candle to either.

cat What a Face study
Back to top Go down
WnyPiper

Registration date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:34 pm

Eh, I too love my cigs.

I smoke either Drum RYO

Or Five Brother's as a RYO

Both good. The Drum is a bit smother but the Five Bros is cheaper ( by like a buck .... ) But I tend to smoke the Drum and will from time to time throw a few pouches of the Five Bros on to an order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:56 pm

Have to say I still smoke cig's though far,far fewer than I used to. I always have a pack of Dunhill reds in the desk for that Lady H fix. I usually visit her once maybe twice a day at most Razz Back in '69 when I was in 'Nam before I got introduced to a pipe by my Captain, I smoked Pall Mall unfiltereds. I LIKED Lady N Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:28 pm

While selling everything I was without all tobacco for maybe six weeks. Then I smoked a cigarette; that was in April. In fact, I was smoking cigarettes while still selling everything. I thought I would quit; but I didn't:) Can't claim it makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Quit cigarettes completely 12 years ago, good riddance.

I certainly like the one guy, I think it was and author of an article Yak posted, "In Defense Of Smokers..." Pretty much said we're also addicted to air. We seek it, we involuntarily gasp for it, we feel better after after denying ourselves and resuming our consumption of it... etc.

I thought that was funny. Hey, if you're going to call it an addiction, might as well love it.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:04 pm

I hate cigarettes with a passion. I had a one year fling with them where I smoked Nat Sherman MCD's, Lucky Strikes, Player's and several others. Same results Evil or Very Mad <BLECH> Evil or Very Mad Quit and never returned to smoking them.

I love pipe smoking, but I know that I could easily quit if I wanted or needed to. For me, that's the beauty of smoking a pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:06 pm

"Addiction" is usually preceded by its overprotective mother, guilt. No guilt, no addiction. No addiction, no problem. No problem, no stress. No stress, good times.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Fortunately I never got into ciggies, even though most of my friends smoked them back in the 60's/70's. I always found them to be a nasty taste and could never inhale anyway, nor could I understand why one would want to.

To this day they still smell awful to me.

Mad

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
alfredo_buscatti

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Pipes and cigars are the calm, relaxed way of smoking. I take my time packing the tobacco; there's no rush. The nicotine and other good stuff enter through the mucous membranes of the mouth; it happens unobtrusively.

Cigarettes are anything but calm. Match hits tobacco, toke that smoke straight into the lungs,! the nicotine in the bloodstream seconds after you drag. It's mainlining. In minutes it's out, Big Tobacco's "nicotine delivery system."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:43 am

alfredo_buscatti wrote:
Cigarettes are anything but calm. Match hits tobacco, toke that smoke straight into the lungs,! the nicotine in the bloodstream seconds after you drag. It's mainlining. In minutes it's out, Big Tobacco's "nicotine delivery system."

Yep. They're designed and engineered that way. I've often wondered why the smoke from cigs clings to clothing for days, even if it's second-hand, while cigars and pipes, even in a totally "hot boxed" room, seems to disappear from clothing within an hour or two. It sticks to lungs the same way, I theorize...cigarettes make addicts.

It's why I have mixed thoughts about supporting Big Tobacco, as they make pipes and cigars and access to them possible, yet do what they do with their main product. Kind of a sucky predicament for the rest of us, by my reckon.

I wonder if "small tobacco" can even exist, besides people growing it themselves. I think we'd have a hard time supplying C&D for Greg Pease.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:58 pm

My M.D hollers at me because I've smoked pipes for 50 years and she can't detect anything amiss in the annual stethoscope to back inhale-exhale test. She also points out that I'm obviously not addicted, since I can go days without smoking and without any great urges for smoking. "Then why do you smoke?" she asks. "I like it, and there aren't that many things I like anymore," I reply. Part of my affection for pipe smoking is the display of hardware, which can't be said about cigs and cigars. You don't use up a pipe as you smoke it. And it's relaxing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:08 pm

KevinM wrote:
"Then why do you smoke?" she asks.

For the same reason a cat must decide to sit in the middle of the floor, lift its leg vertically in the air, and lick its rear end when company is over. "Look at what a good time I'm having doing what you can't even fathom." Laughing

Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Q: Why don't humans lick their personal parts?

A: They can't reach them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:52 pm

I've seen some videos...and known some people...

...never mind... Embarassed

Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steveaux

Registration date : 2012-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:53 pm

KevinM wrote:
Q: Why don't humans lick their personal parts?

A: They can't reach them.

I'd never leave the house !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:47 am

I don't know if I'd be married. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
sonarman

Registration date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes   Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:46 pm

I recently quit cigarettes after 15 years 3 weeks ago. I feel like I have conquered something that had control over much of my life and I really feel good about it. I officially f*cking hate cigarettes for a few reasons: 1 they make you their b*tch, 2 they stink and are made from cheap tobacco, 3 they add crap to them to make them more addicting. You can dispute many of these but I know #3 to be true based on my own experiences while smoking a cigar and wanting to light up a cancer stick in the middle of it. Something is not right with the tobacco in cigarettes. And yes I would lick my balls if I could.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tobacco Addiction: Cigarettes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1