HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Delta has a new pre-flight video with a pipe smoker?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Delta has a new pre-flight video with a pipe smoker?   Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:48 pm

Just took Delta to a meeting over in Phoenix, and instead of the usual pre-flight demo given by the attendants on how to buckle your seat belt or use the oxygen masks, it's now on a video that plays on the screens throughout the plane. It was rather new and somewhat cleaver, but about two minutes in it showed a human version of Ned Flanders (Simpson's character) in a tweed suit smoking a huge calabash pipe, when a beautiful woman sitting behind him smiles, wages her finger, and winks at him. I don't recall ever seeing anyone light up a pipe in the cabin, but you never know.

I didn't take it as a hit against pipers, but rather an over obvious, somewhat comical reminder that smoking is not allowed on flights in the U.S. Next flight I'll have to pull out a huge calabash and see if anyone around me takes notice. Laughing

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Delta has a new pre-flight video with a pipe smoker?   Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:41 am

Natch wrote:
Next flight I'll have to pull out a huge calabash and see if anyone around me takes notice. Laughing

Natch

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Delta has a new pre-flight video with a pipe smoker?   Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Tweed suit, too, Natch? Very Happy

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Delta has a new pre-flight video with a pipe smoker?   Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:23 am

And if it works, will a beautiful lady smile at me and wink as she wags her finger? Or will a 300 pound ex-professional wrestler flight attendant stuff me into the bowl?

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Delta has a new pre-flight video with a pipe smoker?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1