HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

HELLO FROM WEST COAST OF FLORIDA FELLOW BROTHERS OF BRIAR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fly Boy Veteran

Registration date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: HELLO FROM WEST COAST OF FLORIDA FELLOW BROTHERS OF BRIAR   Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:44 am

BROTHERS OF BRIAR,
Howdy from the west coast of Florida. My name is Bob. I'm a former Fly Boy ! I'm 61 years old. I tried smoking a pipe several decades ago when I was a lot younger. It made me sick to my stomach so I stopped and threw everything away including the MEDICO pipe I had at the time. I've thinking seriously about giving it a try again as I have a lot more knowledge now since we're in the age of computers. I've always liked the smell of some one smoking a pipe. I hope I will be able to tolerate smoking a pipe now since I'm a lot older. I have to find a pipe to smoke that I like and some samples of some nice tobacco. To start out I want to find a few tobaccos that are real mild, smell nice, don't cause tongue bite and not leave a horrible after taste in my mouth. I was wondering if any of my fellow brothers here could recommend a nice pipe that's not to expensvie to start out with? Any advice & suggestions I will appreciate them very much.

Take Care Fellow Brother's of Briar !

In Pipes,
Bob
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM WEST COAST OF FLORIDA FELLOW BROTHERS OF BRIAR   Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:03 am

Welcome to the BoB forums Bob. How much money are you interested in spending on a pipe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM WEST COAST OF FLORIDA FELLOW BROTHERS OF BRIAR   Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:41 am

Welcome aboard Bob. You'll find some good information here. For tobaccos check out the recommendations for new pipers sticky in the Tobacco Jar section.

http://www.brothersofbriar.com/t19560-suggested-blends-etc-for-newer-pipe-smokers

I like Peterson, Stanwell and Savinelli for new starter pipes. Estates are a great way to go as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM WEST COAST OF FLORIDA FELLOW BROTHERS OF BRIAR   Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:03 am

Welcome to BoB, Bob. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
friar_jay

Registration date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM WEST COAST OF FLORIDA FELLOW BROTHERS OF BRIAR   Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:36 am

Greetings. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
serif365

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM WEST COAST OF FLORIDA FELLOW BROTHERS OF BRIAR   Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:10 pm

Welcome Bob from a brother 61-er! If I might suggest a good way to start piping again, go to www.missourimeerschaum.com, look over their selection of fine corn cob pipes and order a couple that suit your fancy. They're inexpensive and a great way to sample different pipe tobaccos. You might also check out www.pipesandcigars.com for an excellent selection of pipe tobaccos moderately priced.

I hope you find pipe smoking as enjoyable as I and good luck finding something right for you.

(BTW, Hearth & Home Classic Burley cake in a good cob pipe makes a great, mild combination.) Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM WEST COAST OF FLORIDA FELLOW BROTHERS OF BRIAR   Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:09 pm

welcome brother!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM WEST COAST OF FLORIDA FELLOW BROTHERS OF BRIAR   Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:13 pm

welcome brother

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM WEST COAST OF FLORIDA FELLOW BROTHERS OF BRIAR   Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Welcome to the Brotherhood!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM WEST COAST OF FLORIDA FELLOW BROTHERS OF BRIAR   Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Welcome aboard, sir.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM WEST COAST OF FLORIDA FELLOW BROTHERS OF BRIAR   Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:49 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM WEST COAST OF FLORIDA FELLOW BROTHERS OF BRIAR   Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:59 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM WEST COAST OF FLORIDA FELLOW BROTHERS OF BRIAR   Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:21 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel

HELLO FROM WEST COAST OF FLORIDA FELLOW BROTHERS OF BRIAR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1