HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Post too much?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
leftover421

Registration date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Post too much?   Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:26 pm

I don't think I am trying to drive my post count up. This is the most I have ever posted in any forum. In fact I usually just lurk in most forums but for some reason I really felt like I wanted to contribute to this forum. I think it's that everyone here seems helpful and informative. When I started reading this forum I noticed that there didnít seem to be any in-fighting between members. In fact most of the members here seemed to be good friends with one another, which is very different from most forums. I then ran into the whole BoB bombing and secret Santa stuff which is so totally cool Cool . Then to top it all off I noticed how everyone seemed to be trying to use correct spelling and how no one was murdering the English language, even though it isnít everyoneís first language.
So I guess what I am trying to say is thank you BoB for being the first place I have felt comfortable enough to chime in.
You will find that I donít ask a lot of questions simply because the members have already answered most of the questions I had when I first started lurking here. The info was already here to start with I just had to do some research (one thing I am very good at is researching answers to my questions). Now I just want to contribute but to do so without annoying the long standing members. I also want to belong here not just pass through but to be a BoB. Hence the reason I felt like I needed to ask my first question.
For the BoB: If I ever overstep my boundaries, step on anyoneís toes, get annoying, or just plain say something to piss you off please tell me before you hit the ignore button. If you find an issue with what I say or what I post that means youíre not the only one and I would rather know so I can alter my behavior. I love to get along with people but as I get more open, feel more comfortable, you will find I can be a bit abrasive at times. Possibly even needy from moment to moment. (like this one)
Anyways.....I think thatís enough rambling on for one night. Thanks for being a cool place to hang out and have pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Post too much?   Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:12 pm

The ignore button is a great option, but sadly, it's usually for people who aren't able to handle themselves on a personal level and incidentally, on a public level, either. These people are the easily irritated that ought not to be posting on forums, rather than concerning themselves with those who post too much, conduct themselves in a manner contrary to what they feel is necessary. However, I pity them and welcome them just the same, because otherwise, their lives would likely be that much darker not being on BoB, sitting there and letting every little particle of life travel through their filters to be decided upon. BoB is a lovely distraction. Smile

I have never used the ignore or friends/foe list, and I never intend to. I respect and like most everyone here, and am willing to talk to all in any capacity. I'm an adult. This isn't my place, it's our place...and I'm here to stay. Very Happy I would be so bold to encourage this mantra for all.

Post count should be removed. The problem is: it can't. It's kind of embedded in the phpBB system (we've talked about it before). I'm sure some programming juggernaut could carve it out, but to what expense, and for what end? My anti-post count nature to be satisfied? Someone's pro-post count to be null? Meh. It's just an effing number. No one's keeping score here. If they are, as cliche as it is, it really happens to be their problem. Laughing

Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Post too much?   Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Dan, I look forward to your posts!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Post too much?   Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:14 pm

yeah, I post a bit myself. If you are having fun, don't stress, nobody else will. People here are the coolest I have found on the interwebs

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Post too much?   Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:47 pm

Post a little or post a bunch. Leave the ignore button alone- it's antisocial so far as I'm concerned. albino

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Post too much?   Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:59 pm

'Ignore' button, never used it.

I wonder why Kyle doesn't post here anymore?

lol!

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leftover421

Registration date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Post too much?   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:35 am

Rob_In_MO wrote:
'Ignore' button, never used it.

I wonder why Kyle doesn't post here any more?

lol!

lol! I needed that lol! Today has been one heck of a week, come to think of it this month has been one heck of a year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Post too much?   Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:59 pm

Rob, you don't have to stick your head in the sand. You can make witty responses, too. I believe in you. I love you

Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Post too much?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2