HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The Lady Cave

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aleksis

Registration date : 2012-02-04

PostSubject: The Lady Cave   Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:19 pm

My cave is in our living room. I puff my pipes on our plush green sectional sofa while watching movies, surfing the net, or conversing with friends and family.

My pipes are displayed on our mantle on a piece of lace, accented with antique vases, books, and dried roses. Sadly, I don't have a pipe rack, and if I'm anything like my dad, I won't be content with just these 13 pipes, so eventually I'll need to find a larger place to display them. (In fact, I was given two estate pipes yesterday, so it's going to get a little crowded up there).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theladypipesmoker.blogspot.com/
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Cave   Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Nice display of your pipes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Cave   Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Yep, you're gonna have to invest in some "furniture" if you keep this pipe "thing" up Razz With four kittehs in the house, ANYTHING on the mantle would be a no-no for me Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Cave   Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:31 pm

Nice collection you have! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Cave   Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:55 pm

Welcome, that is a pretty elegant display!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Cave   Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:03 am

Looks good. When I was first collecting I did not have any pipe furniture instead I layered them inside my bookcase and then on top of the book case and then other flat surfaces became involved and then I finally had a really nice English style pipe rack that worked wonderfully for me. In all of the pre-pipe rack time my pipe never looked so good as what you as yours. Very nice. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Cave   Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:32 am

Awesome and very ladylike.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleksis

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Cave   Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:45 am

monbla256 wrote:
Yep, you're gonna have to invest in some "furniture" if you keep this pipe "thing" up Razz With four kittehs in the house, ANYTHING on the mantle would be a no-no for me Razz

Somehow, amazingly, with my 4 cats I have managed to train them NOT to get up there. I can't believe it worked, but it has.
Back to top Go down
Aleksis

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Cave   Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:46 am

kieveryuu wrote:
Looks good. When I was first collecting I did not have any pipe furniture instead I layered them inside my bookcase and then on top of the book case and then other flat surfaces became involved and then I finally had a really nice English style pipe rack that worked wonderfully for me. In all of the pre-pipe rack time my pipe never looked so good as what you as yours. Very nice. Cool

thank you! I've started looking for pipe furniture, but it's all kind of expensive...I'd rather buy another pipe! Laughing
Back to top Go down
kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Cave   Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Aleksis wrote:
kieveryuu wrote:

thank you! I've started looking for pipe furniture, but it's all kind of expensive...I'd rather buy another pipe! Laughing

This I understand. Thankfully, I was lucky enough that Dreadgerbil was kind enough to make me an English style pipe rack as a gift for Chanukah last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
Nick Fox

Registration date : 2012-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Cave   Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:21 am

Kudos on your display! It looks quite elegant. It's nice to see a pipe collection displayed with feminine touches. Smile
My wife has me keep mine in a drawer in a nightstand by the door to "outside" the house. Sad I too would rather buy more pipes than furniture, so I decided I;m gonna make my own rack. I've gathered most of the materials, now I just have to find a garage to assemble them in...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dottleman

Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Cave   Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:09 am

Missed this one the first time around. Since it's been such a long time it would be interesting to see an update (and if you broke down and got some pipe furniture!). Very nice display and being able to smoke in the living room is, in itself, enviable!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Cave   Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:51 am

Looks like you got a good collection going there and some interesting ones ta boot on the left end it looks. Pipe furniture / pipe racks are very expensive nowadays and for the price of one that holds about 24 you can buy a pretty good pipe so I know how you feel and, that's
why I started making my own. If the old mans handy with wood maybe you can whisper
in his ear a hint about it. Or if your handy yourself, get out there girl and start making'em.Wink

Oops! 5) I reckon I just followed you Dottleman and didn't pay any attention to the date of the previous post, oh well, she'll be back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Lady Cave   Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:24 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
oh well, she'll be back.

Yeah right. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Lady Cave
View previous topic View next topic Back to top