HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My third pipe (an attempt at free hand)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bobostro61

Bobostro61

Registration date : 2012-10-28

My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) Empty
PostSubject: My third pipe (an attempt at free hand)   My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:47 am

Here it is, the third pipe I've made. Semi-attempt at free hand style. I'm happy with the results!

My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) Img_0710
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: My third pipe (an attempt at free hand)   My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:34 am

That is a really nice looking piece of briar with some serious Danish flair. You should consider posting a few more pics of that beauty! Cool
Back to top Go down
kaiser83

kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: My third pipe (an attempt at free hand)   My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 5:30 am

Awesome from what I can see of it brother. Are you cutting your own stems or are they pre-made. I'd love o see more pics too.
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: My third pipe (an attempt at free hand)   My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:07 am

That's getting dangerously close to something I would buy... I love me some Danish pipes and that looks like a beauty! I third the more pics idea.
Back to top Go down
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: My third pipe (an attempt at free hand)   My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:40 am

Looks great!

More pics please!
Back to top Go down
Bobostro61

Bobostro61

PostSubject: Re: My third pipe (an attempt at free hand)   My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:14 am

No, I don't make the stems. It came with the prebored piece of plateaux.
Danish huh? I didn't plan on any particular style. I just start hacking away and see what comes out!
So, by popular demand, here's more pics. Don't be too hard on be over my mistakes!

My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) Img_0629

My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) Img_0711

My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) Img_0712

My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) Img_0713

My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) Img_0714

My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) Img_0715

Last edited by Bobostro61 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kaiser83

kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: My third pipe (an attempt at free hand)   My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:17 am

Looks good brother, a darn fine job.
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: My third pipe (an attempt at free hand)   My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:18 am

Not bad at all! You did a great job shaping the bowl and shank, the finish looks nice, your lines are clean, and the stem is recessed so that the tenon isn't visible. For your third, this is very good! Keep it up and consider joining up at http://www.pipemakersforum.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.dshpipes.com
Bobostro61

Bobostro61

PostSubject: Re: My third pipe (an attempt at free hand)   My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:23 am

I'm devastated!! I got up this morning and there was a crack in the shaft! It wasn't there last night after I finished polishing it. Ugh.....
Thanks for all the good remarks though.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: My third pipe (an attempt at free hand)   My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Bobostro61 wrote:
I'm devastated!! I got up this morning and there was a crack in the shaft! It wasn't there last night after I finished polishing it. Ugh.....
Thanks for all the good remarks though.
That's a shame ! After all the REALLY GOOD work you did on that one! It's a very "Danish Freehand" style, nice grain, finish etal. Sad
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: My third pipe (an attempt at free hand)   My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Is the crack all the way to the airway? You might be able to putty it up and at least make the pipe usable.

I've carved two Tinsky kits like yours and neither of them gave me a lick of problem. My carving was the insult to them, not the briar quality. Laughing

I like your freehand. And I'm kind of done with my fascination with Danish-esque freehands, if that means anything. Very Happy

Cool
Back to top Go down
Bobostro61

Bobostro61

PostSubject: Re: My third pipe (an attempt at free hand)   My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:45 pm

I think it will be fine. It gets plenty of vacuum if you plug the tobacco hole. I don't think there will be any issues if I decide to smoke out of it.
Back to top Go down
leftover421

leftover421

Registration date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Re: My third pipe (an attempt at free hand)   My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:17 am

I am not much into freehand work usualy but that pipe is stunning Exclamation You knocked that one out of the park. Good work brother Shocked
Back to top Go down
williamcharles

williamcharles

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: My third pipe (an attempt at free hand)   My third pipe (an attempt at free hand) EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:48 pm

That one reminds me of my 3 Nordings. Like Dutch said...a Danish flair for sure.
Back to top Go down

My third pipe (an attempt at free hand)
Page 1 of 1