HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Greetings from the beach with no water

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BubbaL002

Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Greetings from the beach with no water   14th July 2008, 11:47 am

Hello there. Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm a new pipe smoker from Va, stationed in MD, currently in Iraq. Being deployed has given me a chance to take up new hobbies. Being a youngin (27) it was either Playstation or Pipe. I'm not much on video games so the Pipe it was. I'm currently smoking a very cheap Pipe I bought at our local Haji shop (sorry if the term Haji offends, it's actually a term of respect in Muslim culture- One who has made a haj). Aside from that. I am currently waiting a MM Cob, BC bent briar, and a custom Meer that I'm having done through the tobaccobarn.com. I'm loving the Pipe life. I get the looks from other guys but I don't really care. I'm a big boy with big boy hobbies. i really should stop ranting. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on my piping adventures here in Lovely Iraq.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LtMac

Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the beach with no water   14th July 2008, 1:34 pm

Hello and welcome! Thanks for your service and do everything you can to be safe.

LtMac
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the beach with no water   14th July 2008, 1:42 pm

Hey BubbaL002! Smile

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the beach with no water   14th July 2008, 3:14 pm

Welcome, Bubba! Stay safe out there, and thank you for your service.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the beach with no water   14th July 2008, 5:39 pm

Welcome to the board Bubba! I'd like to join the rest in thanking you for your service.

Hopefully you'll find as much enjoyment out of pipe smoking as we do, it's more rewarding than non-pipe folks understand.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
BubbaL002

Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: I agree   14th July 2008, 5:56 pm

I agree. I'm smoking about 2-3 bowls a day. It seems to be a nice way to just get away. Think about home and stuff. I find it's nice to put on some tunes, sit back and relax. I do seem to have a problem though. I've tried 2 different Captain Black blends (Cherry and the Blue pouch, both rather old and very dry) and can't tell much of a difference. I used to chew redman and skoal straight. I'm guessing I won't find anything that sweet. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the beach with no water   14th July 2008, 6:43 pm

Welcome Bubba

If you liked the Captain black try 1Q it is Captain Black royal

Its reasonably priced and has a vanilla smell and taste

SG firedance Flake is a good berry tasting one
If your looking for more nick try esoterica stonehaven
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the beach with no water   14th July 2008, 7:14 pm

Welcome, we appreciate all you men and women are doing. Enjoy your pipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the beach with no water   14th July 2008, 10:32 pm

Hello and welcome to you and the Chocolate Lab!

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the beach with no water   15th July 2008, 2:40 am

Welcome to the BoB Bubba! I don't like sounding like a broken record, but thank you very much for your service! I really appreciate what your comrades are doing abroad.

It is interesting that you find solice in the pipe. It can become a very good old friend!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
J_Rock

Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the beach with no water   15th July 2008, 3:35 pm

From this veteran to you, thank you for your sacrafice for our country!

Welcome to the board!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
r5cackus

Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the beach with no water   16th July 2008, 12:46 am

Welcome Bubba!

I'm just as young.. *Clears Throat*.. I mean, just as old as you, and I'm new to pipe smoking, as well as this board. I can say that this is a great community to be a part of, and I have been helped out by a couple of people already to get me on my way. Especially from Natch (Jeff) (still can't believe you sent me all that tobacco). =]

Anyway, best of luck with you during your deployment. I'm honored at your service and detication to this country. Keep in touch. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the beach with no water   18th July 2008, 1:48 am

A warm welcome Bubba.

Very Happy Paul
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CPT/VSG

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the beach with no water   25th July 2008, 3:08 pm

Another warm welcome--I've enjoyed reading your posts. Stay safe and puffing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.treneff.com

Greetings from the beach with no water
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1