HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

This too shall pass

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:33 pm

Now that you're past it I'll say my brother in law had some come up last year. He has been off work every since. Turns out his urethra was kined so they did surgery for that. He kept having problems and they ended up having to do a second surgery. Turns out he had a keloid scar form on the urethra and closed of the drainage from that kidney. SO they are trying to deal with that also.

Bad deal. I'm very glad your situation went so much better!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:36 pm

I am guessing you mean the ureter?

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:42 pm

the rev wrote:
a 5 mil stone would be really hard to pass through the urethra without knowing, you must have a huge urethra...
Well, I assumed I'd have known it too. I passed some tiny blood clots and I felt those...and they were much smaller (and softer) than a 5mm rock.

I suppose the doc could be mistaken, and that the stone is still in the bladder. There's an awful lot of bone in that area, and I guess it's possible that interference from the spine could have hidden the stone. If that's the case, then I still have that to look forward to. Mad

I'm showing no symptoms though. Urination is normal, and I'm not feeling any abnormal urge "to pee all the time". If it's still in there, it's not causing any problems...at least so far. It has been almost two weeks since I showed any symptoms. I'll just continue to drink lots of fluids and see what happens.

There are a couple of ways to tell for sure, of course. One of them is ureteroscopy. The two doctors I've consulted aren't inclined to go there in the absence of any symptoms and based on the results of the X-ray. The other way is another CT scan. I'm not big on that option because of the high amount of ionizing radiation involved. I'm already enough of a mutant.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Glad you're feelin' better, Veet (or I at least assume so).. Very Happy ...pain is a wonderful (terrible) motivator to listening to a body insisting on a change of pace for the better. Mine came in the form of IBS, peptic ulcers and certain food allergies. Hopefully the worst is over (for both our sakes).

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 pm

nah dude, that is an exit only

believe me, transgressing that is horrid

rev
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Vito, Good to here you're on the mend. It's amazing that it's just gone. Very Happy

Huge urethra's, good for passing stones and fighting fires. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:44 pm

BTW, can somebody explain to me what all the bomb and spiky-thing icons are about underneath the signatures? I wasn't around when all that stuff started happening.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Vito wrote:
BTW, can somebody explain to me what all the bomb and spiky-thing icons are about underneath the signatures? I wasn't around when all that stuff started happening.

Thanks!

They're related to the monthly bombing missions posted as Stickies in the Community in Action portion of the forum. Bombs are related to the number of missions flown - Red bombs=5, Black Bombs=1, Stars are awards for accuracy, or other special achievements.

It's good fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:13 pm

the rev wrote:
I am guessing you mean the ureter?

rev

yes Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:36 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
They're related to the monthly bombing missions posted as Stickies in the Community in Action portion of the forum. Bombs are related to the number of missions flown - Red bombs=5, Black Bombs=1, Stars are awards for accuracy, or other special achievements.

It's good fun.

Slide:

Thanks for that.

Back to top Go down
Vito

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:38 pm

the rev wrote:
a 5 mil stone would be really hard to pass through the urethra without knowing, you must have a huge urethra...
As it turned out, you were right, brothah rev. And the urologist was wrong. The stone wasn't gone, and it kicked mah whaht ayuss into the 'mergency room again yesterday. Four 5 mg. oxycodone caps were just enough to keep me at "9" on the pain scale...meaning I wasn't squirming on the floor and screaming. But after 6 hours of hell I had Mrs. Vito cart me off the ER, where a hefty I.V. dose of dilaudin banished the pain.

The ER doc gave me a scrip for Flomax, so I'm going to try that. They gave me a Flomax capsule in the ER right before they released me, but I barfed that up as soon as I got home. I hadn't eaten anything all day, and evidently you can't take that stuff on an empty stomach. I'll be starting on it tonight.

They did another CT scan yesterday and determined that the stone is 3 cm. from the bladder. They also showed it as being 4 mm. in diameter. WFT? Either it shrunk (unlikely), or it presented a smaller cross-section to the scan (seems most likely), or there's human measurement error involved (also likely). Any way you cut it, that bad boy is pretty close to the bladder, so they ought to be able to snag it endoscopically. I really don't want lithotripsy.

Anyhow, I hope the Flomax works. It was 7 hours of hell yesterday before they finally got the Dilaudin into me. I'm a big fan of not repeating that process.

Back to top Go down
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Hey Vito, at this point I'd be willing to part with just about anything if someone could just get the damn thing out of me. So sorry; maybe yesterday is the last of the Big Pain episodes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:28 pm

I hope you are past this soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 pm

alfredo_buscatti wrote:
...maybe yesterday is the last of the Big Pain episodes.
No way to tell, Mike. It's a total crap shoot as to whether the stone moves or stays put. It has to move to come out of there, but that's when the pain kicks in. It's evidently a perversion of the No Pain, No Gain Principle. Wink

Flomax (allegedly) dilates the ureter, giving the stone more room to move. Then it's just a matter of pouring liquid through myself to flush that puppy outa there. We'll see, but it's going to come out one way or the other.

Back to top Go down
the rev

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:56 pm

a 4-5 mm stone is no joke brother. Really sorry it wasn't over for you. The flomax did help me a bit, but it sucks, makes you dizzy and nauseous. I have never had one that took so long, am really sorry man, hope something is done soon

rev
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:05 am

DAMN, Veet affraid

Here's hoping the stone, the back & the rest of it are all cleared up by tomorrow morning.

And stay cleared up.

That much suckage should not be anyone's lot in life.

cat What a Face study

Back to top Go down
Vito

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Thanks Yakst, but I don't think the li'l bastidge is going to come out on its own, so I went ahead and scheduled surgery for Dec. 14, Friday. If the sumbitch hasn't vacated the premises by then, I have enlisted the aid of one of the best dickular surgeons in Orange County to apply some...er, Direct Persuasion™ to forcibly evict its ayuss. To paraphrase Commander Will Riker, "I'm through messing around with this bastard." Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Vito wrote:
Thanks Yakst, but I don't think the li'l bastidge is going to come out on its own, so I went ahead and scheduled surgery for Dec. 14, Friday. If the sumbitch hasn't vacated the premises by then, I have enlisted the aid of one of the best dickular surgeons in Orange County to apply some...er, Direct Persuasion™ to forcibly evict its ayuss. To paraphrase Commander Will Riker, "I'm through messing around with this bastard." Twisted Evil

...even though the Enterprise's best dickular surgeon was Dr. Crusher... Laughing

"Dickular surgeon." Laughing I hate to be laughing at a time like this. Sorry Veet.

Good luck, however the thing gets out, Vito. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Best of luck, Vito!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Vito

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
...even though the Enterprise's best dickular surgeon was Dr. Crusher... Laughing
If P ) were here he'd have a party with that one. For my part, I think I'd better leave it alone. silent

Kyle Weiss wrote:
I hate to be laughing at a time like this. Sorry Veet.
Nah...go ahead and laugh all you want, Kyle. I don't mind anyone making light about this. Might as well inject levity into the situation. Before long I suspect they'll be injecting plenty of other stuff.

Thanks guys.

Back to top Go down
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:23 pm

Good luck brother!

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:47 pm

true story:

I am actually very modest. I am not one of those old dudes with the grey beard that will walk around the gym sans towel, or sit in the hot springs in my birth suit. I have only been seen naked by my wife and my dr. and ofcourse myself in the last 27 years. But this day I just happen to be getting the stint that had been placed in my ureter out. And I have geared myself up to face my dr, who is a very professional middle aged man with a name so long I couldn't begin to pronounce it. I felt reasonably at peace, until...

my name is called by the beautiful twenty something girl. As I walk to the door praying that she is just going to take my blood pressure and hand me over to a male nurse or something she says, "hi john, I am going to be your nurse today"

I was wrecked. What could be worse that having to have a long wire taken out of your johnson? Having some hot younger girl take an intimate part in the procedure. Man, this day was not going well. She hands me a nice little dress and sends me on the walk of shame to the bathroom to change. But as I am in there, I hear her talking to someone else, and its a very feminine voice. I am not feeling good about this. As I exit the bathroom in my cute little dress, I see another young lady, even more attractive than the first. What in the hell is she doing here?

"john, this is so and so, she is training and will be assisting us today"

I am not sure if I started crying at this point or not. I am put into a chair with my legs in stirrups, and then I get assaulted by these two beautiful young things. Soap, and sponges and adjusting this way and that. I was so violated, it was like they didn't even realize I was human, I had feelings. They left the room quickly to have a good laugh I suspect, and when they returned with the dr. I just hoped things would be over quickly. And they were. There was a bit of pain, a bit of blood, but nothing compared to the emotional trauma that I had gone through...

I may never recover

rev
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Dickular surgeon, isn't he the one who performs addadicktome enhancements? Make sure you double check the paperwork when you go into pre-op.

I feel your humiliation Rev. My last DOT physical I'm sitting in the little room in my drawers waiting for the doc, and in walks a lady I figured was the nurse. Nope, she's the doc. We start going through the tests and I'm figuring they'll send in a male to do the nugget check for sure. Nope, she says drop em, I balk, and she says "Yeah, don't worry, this won't be fun for me either". Actually I think the comment was worse than having to drop em in front of a lady for non fun related activities Crying or Very sad

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Hahaha, that's some funny shite, PD. Smile I've heard some gal docs will actually ice their hands before the check just for fun. Twisted Evil

I had to do a physical for the company I work for per diem, and was able to escape the dreaded ball grab.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: This too shall pass   Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:58 pm

I like ice, sometimes Twisted Evil

I guess I had a good run. My three previous physicals were with the same doc, he just asked if there were any problems with "The Boys" and we skipped the fondling of the jewels.

Actually, what was going through my mind the moment she was kneeling in front of me doing that part of the examination was "She's pretty close, this better be quick or I'm in trouble" Shocked

This too shall pass
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next