HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
the rev

the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) Empty
PostSubject: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:00 am

finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) Bluetomato4finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) Bluetomato3finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) Bluetomato2finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) Bluetomato1

rev
Back to top Go down
http://revspipes.com
Boulder&Briar

Boulder&Briar

Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:19 am

That's a cool pipe Rev. I really dig the blue. I have blue dye, some blueberry swirl lucite, and was planning to do a blue berry pipe. I have quite a bit of exotic wood, lucite, brass, stainless, and aluminum stock for stems, extensions, and accents, a ton of drawings designs and ideas, but family puts the crunch on my shop time. Have you ever tried meerschaum or stone? If your ever interested let me know and I can help you out with material. I'm ordering some meer this week and am really excited to get ahold of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.boulderandbriar.com
the rev

the rev

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:23 am

I just want to work on briar for now. I love wood, I love the way it feels, and works and carves. There is something rugged and rich about it. Thanks heaps for your offer though. For now I am content to focus in deep. I figure once I have Todd Johnson calling me for advice I might think about moving to other arenas Smile

I have a brandy that I am hoping to have done tomorrow, pretty excited about that one too.

rev
Back to top Go down
kaiser83

kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 4:36 am

Looks good brother, you should be proud, but then prides is a sin so....I will just be lustful of it for you.
Back to top Go down
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:15 am

Beautiful pipe Rev
Back to top Go down
PipeDragon

PipeDragon

Registration date : 2012-10-31

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:27 am

Nice Rev, Im really liking that blue.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 11:37 am

Nice job, looks like some Author shape influence to that Tomato!
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:18 pm

Super-different. I can't wait to see other color experiments. I absolutely love that pipe, Rev. No bullsh*t. You managed to keep the grain but give the wood a little different approach to the eye. The shape supports the way you turned it versus the grain of the briar. It's balanced, but has a fitting stoutness. Nice job. Cool
Back to top Go down
Mozjo33

Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Nicely done Rev. Loving the blue! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
alfredo_buscatti

alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Fine work, rev!
Back to top Go down
leftover421

leftover421

Registration date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:20 am

Wow Shocked that is one cool stain on that pipe. The blue speaks to me, I can hear it now....off in the distance....Coming from nowhere.....it says....

Yo listen up here's a story
About a little guy that lives in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything he sees
Is just blue like him inside and outside
Blue is his house with a blue little window
And a blue corvette
And everything is blue for him and himself
And everybody around
'cause he ain't got nobody to listen to

I'm blue da ba dee da ba die...

I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
Blue are the people here that walk around,
Blue like my corvette, it's standing outside.
Blue are the words I say and what I think.
Blue are the feelings that live inside me.

I'm blue da ba dee da ba die...
lol! lol! lol!

Really though, that's a very nice pipe brother. Love the stain very much.

That horrible song affraid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4QGPWLY-EM
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 5:33 am

I like the lighter shade of blue. Also, I always enjoy tomato and egg shaped pipes in the colder months, since they make great handwarmers.
Back to top Go down
the rev

the rev

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:51 pm

thanks everyone, trying hard to get better each pipe.

rev
Back to top Go down
Jers

Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Great pipe - fantastic job Rev! Congratulations! cheers cheers

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 3:25 pm

Gonna be hard to trump that one...maybe a blast finish with that color... egad, that'd be lovely.

Cool
Back to top Go down
beetlejazz

beetlejazz

Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 5:56 pm

That is so beautiful Rev, I really love the stain and the grain... it makes me think of ice. The frozen-over sea on pitch-black winter nights. Winter pipe, definitely!
Back to top Go down
peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Registration date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Rev, this one is striking. Very different. Not your everyday pipe, in a good way.
Back to top Go down
Jeffry Don

Jeffry Don

Registration date : 2013-06-28

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:45 pm

And another fine pipe Rev. I may need to commission you do do one for me sometime!
Back to top Go down
the rev

the rev

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:23 pm

I would be honored

rev
Back to top Go down
somedumbjerk

somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)   finished this pipe last week (blue tomato) EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Boulder&Briar wrote:
That's a cool pipe Rev. I really dig the blue. I have blue dye, some blueberry swirl lucite, and was planning to do a blue berry pipe. I have quite a bit of exotic wood, lucite, brass, stainless, and aluminum stock for stems, extensions, and accents, a ton of drawings designs and ideas, but family puts the crunch on my shop time. Have you ever tried meerschaum or stone? If your ever interested let me know and I can help you out with material. I'm ordering some meer this week and am really excited to get ahold of it.
umm, can i get some meer?
Back to top Go down

finished this pipe last week (blue tomato)
Page 1 of 1