HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
leftover421

Registration date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)   Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:06 am

My collection in chronological order or my growing PAD/TAD. Starting with my first outbreak on 10/24/12 and updated as often as I can. I felt like this photo journal was necessary for the betterment of medical science. Maybe someday with my help doctors may be able to cure this costly disorder.
10/24/2012 at my local B&M
[img][/img]

10/29/12
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
This pipe was purchased 10/18/2012 on fleabay but didnít arrive until 10/27/2012
[img][/img]
Still stored tobacco in the baggies they came in at this point
[img][/img]

11/3/2012-11/6/2012
The disorder becomes more serious with the purchase of a pipe stand, another cob, and was gifted another basket pipe.
[img][/img]
Then these showed up in the mail (Thank you brother bentbulldog)
[img][/img]
Also during the same time I hit up Big Lots and pickup this 3 drawer stand.
[img][/img]
No longer using the baggies to store my Tobacco
[img][/img]

11/12/2012
[img][/img]
No pipe this time but accessory heavy
[img][/img]
The pipe collection at this point
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

11/19/2012
just a single pipe but boy what a pipe
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

11/24/2012
Fleabay strikes again
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

11/25/2012
The ever growing collection
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
The pipes (minus the Jobey Asti as it is in for repairs)
[img][/img][img]
The corner of pipe
[/img]
[img][/img]

Thanx for having a look, together we can find the cure to this disorder that affects us all! I will keep up posting pics of the symptoms of the disorder in hope that someday someone will find a cure.

Last edited by leftover421 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steveaux

Registration date : 2012-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)   Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:04 am

Any attempt to find a "cure" is a direct violation of #6.

Pipe Smokers' Laws

Cease, desist, and knock it off.

Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)   Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:09 am

Very nice brother, congrats on the growing collection. I hate to be the bearer of bd news but PAD/TAD are terminal, and the termination means either death or spousal homicide (wife will kill you). It is best to just accept the disorder and cope with it by throwing all the available finances you can at it to bludgeon it into submission.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steveaux

Registration date : 2012-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)   Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:17 am

Should we tell him the "submission" only lasts about 15 minutes ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)   Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:20 am

Steveaux wrote:
Should we tell him the "submission" only lasts about 15 minutes ?

Shhh....let's let him have some false hope. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:13 am

If you start making pipes you will suddenly and inexplicably no longer be cursed with pad/tad...

as you will have no money for either Sad

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
skaukatt

Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)   Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:00 pm

Disorder? What disorder? Cure? Everything looks in fine fettle to me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)   Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:04 pm

The only cure is buying more, Twisted Evil unfortunately it's also quite temporary. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)   Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:16 am

Hate to break it to you...it only gets worse.

Good lookin' fish, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)   Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:18 am

Puff Daddy wrote:
There's art, there's craft, there's beauty and there's collectability. These things may all intersect at once, or not. If all of these things do intersect with a pipe, do you smoke it? If some do but others do not, do you smoke it? Which of these is more important in making a pipe desireable for smoking, for not smoking?

Slippery slope. It would be easy to say nobody in their right mind would smoke a pristine Bo Nordh, but there are already so many examples of just that very thing happening. Clearly the answer is, there is no clear answer.

The answer for me, personally, is, buy the coolest, neatest looking pipes that you can comfortably afford, and do what pleases you with them. Some day you'll pull out a worn out, charred up old Rev Pipe and some guy will gasp at it and spew a torrent of scorn at you for actually smoking the thing.

"Do you know what those are worth thee days?"

"I bought it when he was selling them to smokers, not collectors".

I think this has the best insight about pipe buying.

Regarding tobacco, your best guideline might be whether that next pound will get smoked in your lifetime. Although Rich at 4noggins is optimistic about the imposition of taxes, I'm not. Taxes mean money, and who of us, let alone which institutions, ignores money? So you might consider putting back more tobacco than you otherwise would.

But have fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R.A.

Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)   Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:28 am

I have the very same pipe stand nice solid built, nice growing collection you have Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leftover421

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:28 am

The last anti PAD/TAD treatments didnít take. I think itís time we took the whole thing back to formula; we were not ready for human trials. I took some pictures over the last week or so to chronicle the treatments even if they were unsuccessful.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

A new and very distressing sign of my disorder has recently reared its ugly head. I have involuntarily started cellaring tobacco. I even heat the jars in the oven gently then get the tobacco in them so they make a seal. I have found the popping sound of freshly cellared tobacco to be very relaxing. A sure sign of my further slip into this costly disorder.
[img][/img]

I hope for the good of mankind that we can find the correct formula to at least alleviate the symptoms of PAD/TAD. lol!
Thanks for lookin

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Heh, you're so screwed, Dan. cheers The downward spiral of upward pleasure consumes thee.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leftover421

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)   Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
cheers The downward spiral of upward pleasure consumes thee. Cool

Hey! I like that! Any chance you will let me steal it for the bottom of my posts? Wink I will include who the quote was by if it's yours Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greasemunki85

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)   Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:45 pm

very nice man! very nice..
Im digging that forever stem on that cob too..
How do you like the Dunhill Nightcap? Ive heard some guys say that it'll knock you out, im into some latbombs.. wondering if I should get a tin or not..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1