HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PipeDragon

PipeDragon

Registration date : 2012-10-31

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? Empty
PostSubject: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:08 am

I was looking through some old pics and came across some of my first pipe (of which I still have)

Its an Ismet Beckler Sun/Moon Meerschaum.

Here she is below:

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? 124e7eee045e__1353938681000

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? 60ce97412ec9__1353938680000

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? 23a687be72ec__1353938680000

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? 8c50bf8607b0__1353938680000
Back to top Go down
gravel

gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:41 am

I no longer have my first pipe, a Peterson System Pipe (317 I believe). I gave it away to an aspiring pipester.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
the rev

the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:56 am

I have my first pipes, I bought a handful in a single ebay bid. I will post pictures when I get home. I also have the first pipe I ever made, and I still smoke it all the time.

rev
Back to top Go down
http://revspipes.com
Dave_In_Philly

Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:30 pm

This is the first pipe (and first tin of Blackwoods Flake) I purchased when I decided to take the hobby a bit more seriously a few years ago, before that it was basket briar and cheap cobs purchased in college that are long gone. I still have the pipe. The stem's not as shiny but the briar is still in good shape.

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? Img00011

Back to top Go down
kaiser83

kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:39 pm

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? Pipes11
The Dr. Grabow in the top right corner, and I still have it. I occasionally pull it out and smoke it just for the heck of it.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:34 pm

I don't have a pic of my "first" pipe, which I still have and smoke, a GBD Century st. bulldog, I do have a pic of my first Charatan Pot, a Special I bought back in '73 as I recall. It was my first "high end" pipe and smoked great back then and BETTER now Razz

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? CharatanSpecialpotwtaperedstem
Back to top Go down
George Kaplan

George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:32 pm

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? 07210
Back to top Go down
sstodvictory

sstodvictory

Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:54 pm

This is it I think. I no longer have it.

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? Charles_fairmorn_1

Steve
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 3:55 am

GuitarMyFriend now owns my first pipe. Sentiment was overshadowed by its need to be appreciated and used.

Cool
Back to top Go down
herbinedave

herbinedave

Registration date : 2012-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 9:00 am

A GBD LondonMade I bought at a tobacconist in State College, PA circa 1987. RiffRaff just restored it for me!!!!
Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? 22322510
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 2:09 pm

My first is long gone. It was a Dr. Grabow straight apple that I picked up from Walgreens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dshpipes.com
BVBriar

BVBriar

Registration date : 2012-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 2:12 pm

First pipe was an estate Willmer Blaze Grain I purchased in 2000. She was a mess and in retrospect, turned out to also be my first complete refurb. Still have it and smoke it today. It's a great thick walled pot. Here's a pic from about a week ago that got a little HDR treatment before it was originally posted to FB.

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? 20121111
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BardsVintageBriar
PipeDragon

PipeDragon

Registration date : 2012-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:15 am

Thanks for sharing Brothers, very nice pipes indeed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the rev

the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:03 pm

just smoked out of it last night. Funny how at the punk rock show, smoking a pipe immediately makes you into the cool old dude.

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? 400081_10151122420135168_1535840462_n

rev
Back to top Go down
http://revspipes.com
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Ok here it is! One clay pipe bought from Crazy Crow Trading Post back in '86. Still have it and I still smoke it every now and again.

Jim

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? 4CCA265B-78A0-4BBB-A57C-E1DB600C9A70-7654-00001091F82FAA3A_zps0767638b
Back to top Go down
Fuelfixer

Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Wish I had one...   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:35 am

'Twas my freshman year, Saw Hugh & said 2 myself, MUST have a pipe!! Told my floor in the dorm, much to my surprise a 'dormie' said: "Don't buy anything until after the weekend, when I get back!" He came back w/ 3 choices: Can't remember the other 2, BUT the Billiard was exactly what I was looking 4. "IT'S YOURS!" HE was the Grandson of the Founder of Cellini/ORIGINALS!! Bore his name: ELLIOTT. {IF UR READING THIS, PM ME, THANKS! JOE, now in OREGON} LATER, I FOUND A TWIN on eBay, bought it too. & Others, W/ PRIMO'S NAME ON THEM. It came back to me, 30+ yrs later. Mark Wollf re-stemmed it for me. That was 6 yrs ago! Now, I have Dunhills, Charatans{MY FAVORITES!}, Micoli, GBD, & A "CHUNK" I CALL 'WASHINGTON'S PIPE'& MORE PIPES THAN ANY ONE MAN DESERVES!! THANK YOU FOR CAUSING ME TO GO BACK... Fuelfixer/Joe in Oregon
Back to top Go down
greasemunki85

greasemunki85

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 5:42 pm

ahh first pipe, was a MM cherry wood poker. I bought it in april of 2009.. I think I bought some borkum riff cherry to go with it, and try it out, because I just got the urge one day, and I didn't wanna buy some crappy swisher sweets or something....
Finally after a few days of killing my tongue, I decided to ditch the borkum riff and go for some Smokers Pride Vanilla (which wasn't that bad, from what I remember).. I finally made a trip out to a Tinderbox and bought a Czech Bulldog basket pipe for 30$, with a couple of diff blends.. I dont have that pipe anymore, however my first real pipe was a Paronelli 3/4 bent shape 557. I liked the colors, theme and finish, actually I have a straight billiard of the same series.. They are okay smokers....
[img]Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? 19E8BB4C-6773-41D9-AAFA-F66367DF5CA1-29977-0000213E43F0A71C[/img]
Good times Good times..
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 8:26 am

My first pipe was this L'Anatra sitter, and my first flake pipe was this Stanwell horn.....

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? DSC00068

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? DSC00069

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? Stanwell1

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? Stanwell2
Back to top Go down
Nick Fox

Nick Fox

Registration date : 2012-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 3:48 am

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? Dsc00911

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? Dsc00912

Alpha Beta Billiard, bought in '02 around my 18th birthday. Stem tennon was replaced during the first year I had it, my now brother in law stepped on it by accident during a drinking session at the river, but you live and you learn.
Back to top Go down
Buckshot

Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:54 am

My first pipe was a "The Pipe" in a green color and the shape was a straight saddle bit bulldog. I got it 43 years ago when I was 23 years old, and it was a gift from my new bride. The Pipe was a pipe made out of composite "space age" materials that could be cleaned by running it through the dishwasher, which is something I never did. I don't have the pipe any longer and it was not a great smoker, but I was just starting out on my journey into pipes and thought the thing just looked cool in that neat green color. I no longer have the pipe, but I still have the bride. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:01 pm

I selected the very finest....
Medico on the card at the drug store.

It might have been a #2 bowl -- bit undersize. Apple shape. Redish brown.
Got a pouch of Edgworth for it. Seemed the nicest, color wise.

Now to make it work.
Well, cigarettes seemed firm so I crammed it full and pushed down hard.

For some reason it bit my tongue.

Several years later I tried again with some 3-Star Blue.
Same packing technique.
Same results.

Friend opened a pipe shop
Got religion, some nice pipes, and packing instructions.
Smoked the Medico a few times and didn't care for it.
Drug store wouldn't take it back. 10 or so years?

It probably is in a box in the shed. Not going to bother to look for it.
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 1:20 pm

Like an earlier fellow stated, my first pipe wasn't just one. I had purchased about 24 or more pipes at an estate sale. Sadly most of them were sold years ago but, I did manage to keep a handful. Here's one of those, an Alpha Lazano Heather Briar. Not a great pipe but, it was a good smoker for what I smoked in it at the time. I haven't smoked it since, too many choices nowadays.

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? DSC01437

Last edited by Cartaphilus on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
PozzSka

PozzSka

Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 1:29 pm

I think I had a Dr. Grabow at 19 or 20 years old, smoked it for a while, gave it away I think, then didn't smoke much until the past few months (I'm 29 now)...so that one is long gone. After picking it back up, I sent another Grabow onto a newbie whose pipe suffered a deadly fall. So I no longer have either of my "first pipes."
Back to top Go down
http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:55 pm

I still own and can find 4 or 5 of the pipes I had when I was in college (late 70's). I even have a picture or two of me with a pipe in my mouth back then. I still smoke these early ones, but perhaps I did not bond aqdequately with my first. It would have been a basket pipe of some description, and as I continued smoking, I tended to prefer larger pipes/bowls. I probably gave the first one to somone who admired it and wanted one like it. I have also "lost" a couple of really good pipes. I try to be philosophical. If some other smoker got some (guilty) pleasure out of my pipe, I don't bear much of a grudge. It gave me an excuse to buy another.

Then there are the mysteries I would like to resolve. I had a rusticated Amphora bent bulldog that I loved, and it just disappeared. If that one came home, I would be happy to see it again. I have thought about just finding another on ebay. I had a Canadian that was a great smoker, and I put it someplace "safe" when the stem broke. I claim this one will turn up some day, but I fear it was in a box we thought was empty after a move...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?   Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:17 pm

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? <a href=Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It? Comoy_11" />

My first pipe was a Comoy Golden Grain Canadian bought in 1961 from Kirt's Pipe Shop in Coral Gables, Florida, while attending the University of Miami.

Still with me and still my best smoker.

Boy was that a while ago.
Back to top Go down

Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?
Page 1 of 1