HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:24 am

Well, not 'The Best Ever', but damn sure funny to watch, though the contestants might not agree... Twisted Evil

Click here and then play the video.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:35 am

Yeah that one was hilarious. I think it is in the RR now also. And it's all over fb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:36 am

That was great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:16 am

Thanks for posting this Rob. I literally have tears rolling down my face I'm laughing so hard!

We pull a lot of pranks in my house between me and my youngest trying to scare the crap out of each other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:31 am

Love y'all, but I disagree. I don't think these kinds of pranks are funny. They may be to a third party watching them, but fear can make people do really stupid things. Gladly, it didn't end in tragedy in this case as it might have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:45 am

kaiser83 wrote:
I think it is in the RR now also.

Oops, missed it. Oh well, no harm no foul...

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:13 am

Well done prank, but I'm too lame a person to laugh, I just felt really sorry for those people - especially the woman near the end. I wonder if she ever dares to step into an elevator again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:36 am

Simple Man wrote:
Love y'all, but I disagree. I don't think these kinds of pranks are funny. They may be to a third party watching them, but fear can make people do really stupid things. Gladly, it didn't end in tragedy in this case as it might have.

Heart attack on the victem; or the victem lashing out at the little girl
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:55 am

Simple Man wrote:

Beat me to it. I agree 100%. What would happen if one of these folks had a heart attack and dropped dead in that elevator? I'm pretty sure they didn't have any medical staff at the location. Even worse, what would they have done if one of the victims attacked the little girl? Pretty stupid if you ask me...... Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:22 pm

DoverPipes wrote:
Simple Man wrote:

Beat me to it. I agree 100%. What would happen if one of these folks had a heart attack and dropped dead in that elevator? I'm pretty sure they didn't have any medical staff at the location. Even worse, what would they have done if one of the victims attacked the little girl? Pretty stupid if you ask me...... Suspect

Same camp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Would not load for me.

Question

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:48 pm

"It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt."

Well, no one got hurt, so... it's still fun and games. Wink

P.C. culture rears its ugly head..."what if...what if..."

"Play with fire, get burned." People gotta learn...and still have fun.

(...still doesn't make fire any less fun to play with...)

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:53 pm

I don't think there's any pc involved, Kyle. They were foolish and VERY lucky the little girl did not get hurt. I wonder if you'd feel the same way if the little girl had gotten attacked or killed as a reaction to this prank or if you'd be joining with us in the chorus of irresponsibility.

I'm all about "fun", but not at the expense of safety. Peoples reactions are unpredictable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:11 pm

That's how "what if" PC'ing happens...suddenly it becomes popular, and all it takes is one eensy-weensy thing to suddenly make it a big deal. That's how we operate these days. Should we cancel Halloween because kids might get scared, or a parent might haul off and hit a neighbor for jumping out of the bushes?

I see the other side of this. Of course, I thought about it, but then again...perhaps they hand-picked folks least likely to act out as such. I didn't see any hardened Rio thugs piling into the elevator. Plus, cultural difference--Americans are on edge, uptight and plain ol' fearful. We couldn't or shouldn't do that kind of thing here...

...all perspective. I still think it's funny because the big "what if" never happened.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Here's an example... my mother and I debated this at length for a while...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82869456/#RD3CLM9raU7xzGfb.03

...she said it was funny, but really didn't like how the kids got genuinely scared. My attitude was "kids bounce back, they're fine." Okay, so I'm a jerk. Laughing The other thing I learned was... "...don't scare black dudes...ever."

So, you guys are correct but... by my account, so am I. Smile

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Mmm. I don't think I'm awfully fond of PC either but in this case we don't perhaps if anything DID happen - it can take far less for a person to develop a fear of elevators. Just felt damn sorry for the woman, she was so terrified even before the girl screamed at her. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:21 pm

Okay, so the violent-but-safety-conscious American version: Get a huge foam beast that appears suddenly in the elevator that growls when the light comes on. That'd be just as effective. Smile Punch the hell out of it, Elevator Beast doesn't give a sh*t. Heheheh. That'd scare the hell out of ME! Very Happy

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:58 pm

People are going to pull pranks, that's just the way of life. I have a good sense of humor and like to pull pranks too... my wife could tell you about some, April 1st she walks very tenderly through the house because ANYTHING is likely to be booby-trapped. Twisted Evil

What it all comes down to is, are you willing to accept the consequences if things go suddenly bad. Personally, I'm not a very big fan of the scare tactic, that leaves the door wide open for things to go bad. But to each his own.

And if this IS a pc thing, at least I got to be the trendsetter. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:02 pm

Being scared and getting scared are different animals...we kind of like to break our safety boundaries a little, as safe, modern humans. Sometimes to a fault. *shrug*

So, if it's in the name of fun, pranks of many calibers are okay to me. Kind of another uniquely "people" thing. The more afraid we are, the less we like to be scared out of nowhere.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:10 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Being scared and getting scared are different animals...we kind of like to break our safety boundaries a little, as safe, modern humans. Sometimes to a fault. *shrug*

So, if it's in the name of fun, pranks of many calibers are okay to me. Kind of another uniquely "people" thing. The more afraid we are, the less we like to be scared out of nowhere.

Cool

Don't mean to keep this going, but that statement is TOTALLY not true. I have put myself in very dangerous circumstances that others were afraid to do because it had to be done and somebody had to do it. I'm not going to go into detail, cause I don't want to come off as an old blowhard with "war stories"... I never talk about this junk. NEVER.

Anyway, I'm not a fearful guy. I am however VERY reactionary. Scare the Hell out of me, just don't be within reach. There's others here that know what I'm talking about.

I don't care what kind of pranks people pull, just as long as the one pulling them is big enough to accept whatever consequences may come.

Out. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Well, yeah, you worked a job that trained you for that, both with OTJ experience and otherwise... average folks? Well...more of what I'm referring to. Just a generalization. I've been through hell in my life. I don't react before processing the information,very likely to a fault. I'll probably fail the apocalypse, but then again, I'm smart enough to have friends like you, Simple Man. Laughing

...I'm not going to jump out with firecrackers and "boogity-boo" a Marine that's been in Iraq/Afghanistan, that's for sure.

You're right: pranks require accepting of consequences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Well, yeah, you worked a job that trained you for that, both with OTJ experience and otherwise... average folks? Well...more of what I'm referring to. Just a generalization. I've been through hell in my life. I don't react before processing the information,very likely to a fault. I'll probably fail the apocalypse, but then again, I'm smart enough to have friends like you, Simple Man. Laughing

...I'm not going to jump out with firecrackers and "boogity-boo" a Marine that's been in Iraq/Afghanistan, that's for sure.

You're right: pranks require accepting of consequences.

There's some stuff in here that made me laugh out loud, for real. Laughing

When tshtf we'll all get together... I've got a list and you, Plumb, and Kai are definitely on my survival team... there'll be others as well. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:32 pm

We'd make the best of it, for sure. Laughing Protecting tobacco and briars is a full-time job in the apocalypse.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!   Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Good points about how people react. I tend to charge. My daughter runs.

I got fired from my first job for punching my boss when he jumped out on me. It was probably the 2nd, 3rd and 4th punch that actually got me fired.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile

One of the best Candid-Camera type jokes ever!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1