HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Pipe # 3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Pipe # 3   Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:04 am

third pipe i've made. came out better than 1 and 2, but still seeing some things i could have done better. going to hit it again with the carnuba tomorrow to try and get a mirror shine instead of a slight shine. also some scratches in the stem, and the top of the bowl the stain is uneven. i'm going to sand and restain the top for sure. might do it black first to darken it. originally i was going to rusticate the top but the grain came out kind of neat so i left it. might still rusticate it though, kinda indecisive right now. it's chubby, and kind of tilted with a chin. i like that shape, but i know it's not for everyone. sorry for the potato phone shots, my camera couldn't be found at the moment. pipe 4 will be drilled by me and the stem will be hand cut by me, this was the last pimo carve your own kit i got. also won't feel as rushed i hope. only worked on this for about three nights, all of them interrupted.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Pipe # 3   Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:20 pm

nice grain

What the pros told me is that you get your sheen before the carnuba is put on. The white polishing compound should shine it up really really nice, then the carnuba seals it.

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
Bobostro61

Registration date : 2012-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Pipe # 3   Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:38 pm

Nice work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pipe # 3
Page 1 of 1