HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My two new pipes, bent brandy, and a plateaux dublin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Steveaux

Registration date : 2012-09-03

PostSubject: Re: My two new pipes, bent brandy, and a plateaux dublin   Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:23 pm

I'm reeeeeally likin' the Bent Brandy.

Great work, rev!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: My two new pipes, bent brandy, and a plateaux dublin   Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Two great looking pipes Rev.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My two new pipes, bent brandy, and a plateaux dublin   Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:34 pm

Well done rev. That first one is right in my wheelhouse!

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: My two new pipes, bent brandy, and a plateaux dublin   Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:20 pm

Rev, i just bought two 20" pieces of rodstock. pm your address and i can send you a few inches if you want to try and make the stubby freehand. cumberland or black. the first pipe is absolutely gorgeous. kudos, i think it's your best looking one from what i've seen. now i'm really itching to start on #4, which i think i promised to my mom for Christmas. was going to do a Dublin as it seems fitting for an Irish lady, but i tend to wander from the initial intent once i start carving...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeDragon

Registration date : 2012-10-31

PostSubject: Re: My two new pipes, bent brandy, and a plateaux dublin   Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:29 am

the rev wrote:
I can do it technically... just not sure if I have the right materials right now.

I literally cannot buy a single thing. I have about 15 blocks, 100 preformed stems, sand paper, was and compound. This is all I get until maybe I can talk my wife into letting my use by Christmas bonus for some rod stock and a few tools. But that isn't looking good. She is a mean mean woman, with gorgeous blue eyes, punky cropped white hair and wonderful curves

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

what were we talking about?

rev

Hmmm....tell her that if she "lets" you get what you need, you will make a pipe inspired by your above descriptions

For example: youve got the blue stain already, now youll just need some white turning stock, a block with some nice birds eye to have as/on the top and then let your fingers carve the cuves you see in your head. Walla... (The Blue Eyed Lady) Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: My two new pipes, bent brandy, and a plateaux dublin   Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:45 am

the rev wrote:

with a new stem, can't see it that well, but it looks much better

rev

Looks good, Rev! Much better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: My two new pipes, bent brandy, and a plateaux dublin   Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:08 pm

Stems are always easily exchanged or replaced. Having said that, I think the carving of both pieces of briar is an outstanding effort, especially considering how long you have been at it.

I could only hope to do as well on my initial efforts. Congrats on some fine craftsmanship rev! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My two new pipes, bent brandy, and a plateaux dublin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2