HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Charlie Varrick

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
soylentgreen

Registration date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Charlie Varrick   Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:19 pm

A movie for Pipe Smokers!

Mob hitman, Molly, played by character actor Joe Don Baker (Walking Tall), smokes a saddle stem billiard while he kicks everyone's ass tracking down Charlie Varrick (Walter Matthau).

This is actually a very good movie although the pacing is definitely circa 1973. Tarantino had to have seen this as he "adopted" a well-known phrase in his Pulp Fiction script.

Recommended. And its on Netflix Instant view.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Varrick   Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:15 pm

I agree with your estimate of this movie. It portrays a pipe smoker in a non-stereotypical way, i.e., as a bastard. Baker handles the pipe really well throughout, if you know what I mean, just as though he really were a pipe guy. This movie is the only influence that could get me to consider a leather-wrapped pipe. As an aside, I think I have been in that cathouse, or the one depicted in the movie, just to see what it was like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leftover421

Registration date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Varrick   Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:21 am

I will have to check that out soon.
Man I love Netflix Cool Seriously how cool is it to recommend a movie that I can start up right now, not have to go to a store or illegally download it. (Just for the police record I have never ever ever illegally downloaded a movie) Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Charlie Varrick
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1