HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Right so, here's the thing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Right so, here's the thing   Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:48 pm

A few of ya here have asked what happened to the Cubby, well it's a long and very boring story, so sit back and get comfy, ha-ha, you thought I was gonna say "so I wont bore you" huh, epic fail, ha-ha!!!

Things were going swimmingly on my little patch of the World, my own reality was under reasonable control and nothing seemed to be going too far off course for me to cope with, this in itself should have caused great big whopping alarm bells to clang in my head.

Quite recently my very dear friend Harvey (my closest friend for 25 years) passed away, I don't want to say how he died here to be honest as it hurts too much, let me just say that it wasn't good and identifying his body was seriously uncool, every time I shut my damned eyes I can see his face as he looked on that horrid table, so not cool. Well, Harvey's passing left me with some minor debt problems that I didn't count on turning sour on me, so on top of trying to cope with Harvey's death I had some lunkhead morons on my back after monies and stuff I couldn't readily repay. The pressure and the rapidly occurring threats from one chap really wore me down real damn fast, having to scratch up monies we didn't have rapidly took a toll on my mood and my ability to cope with the shite that was hitting the fan.

Things kind of built up real fast and I felt like I was losing control of it all and I was starting to feel myself falling into a black abyss mentally and emotionally. Some stuff went sour on the Cubby, now I can see they were not too extreme but my rapidly crashing psychic defences just SCREAMED and SCREAMED PANIC STATIONS and I lost the freaking plot. I couldn't cope with even logging into the Cubby and I knew no-one would be willing to take it on for me and I had no idea if or when I would be able to come back to it, so my only option was to delete the site.

I didn't want the Cubby to be hosted on someone else's hosting account any more and wanted it back on my own hosting account, but I didn't want to use the same software. I am unable to recover the old database as there is no way of getting the database to work on the older software I am now using. I have re-formed the Cubby on its original url, I wont post it here as I don't want folk to think any thing bad of me for doing so, I have enough going on right now without worrying about upsetting any one here as well.

Things are a little more stable for me now, I am still not coping with Harvey's death very well, I keep breaking down and crying many times each day, that in itself is pretty tiring to be honest. I have managed to put straight some of the money problems Harvey left me with, most of them were my own fault to be honest for making arrangements for folk to sub' Harvey smokes with me as his backer, Harvey always came good when I sub'd him in the past, recent subs didn't seem any different to me. I've actually cleared them all but one, I had totally forgotten about the loan Harvey took out from Anthony, this was like 5 months ago, I thought Harvey had repayed the loan, turns out he hadn't, there is a substantial sum out-standing, as I backed him on the loan Anthony is breathing down my neck for the money, I've sold pretty much everything I had that could be sold without affecting my family and I have it pretty much covered, well, almost. So things haven't been going too well just recently, the combination of everything just mashed my head and I lost the freaking plot.

The Cubby is re-formed now so any one who wants to come back I'd love to see you there again, I'm sorry but I wont be able to give away stuff any more, so if I seem like I'm being a tight prick for a while I am sorry, I just haven't got anything to give away, I hope folk will understand.

Well, there it is, sorry for the inconvenience my mental melt-down has caused any one, I hope you can bring yourselves to forgive me.

Regards,
Kirk. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Well heck brother, sorry times got so rough for you. You are in my prayers along with many other brothers here. I went on over to the cubby and signed up as ME this time woohoo. Hope to hear lots from you and hope things turn around rapidly for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:54 pm

Kirk Fitzgerald wrote:
I have re-formed the Cubby on its original url, I wont post it here as I don't want folk to think any thing bad of me for doing so, I have enough going on right now without worrying about upsetting any one here as well.

Kirk - not to worry about that. Nobody had a problem with Peter doing so last time and I see no reason for it to change this time, Brother.

http://www.pipesmokerscubby.com/

There - now if anyone gets upset, they can get upset with me. (wouldn't be the first time )

If anyone interested, an invitation to The Cubby is open.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:57 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
There - now if anyone gets upset, they can get upset with me. (wouldn't be the first time )

Jerk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:01 pm

kaiser83 wrote:
Jerk

Eff You, Kaiser!

Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:03 pm

lol!
Well you asked for it so I felt it appropriate to take the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Guess we'd better settle down, don't wanna make a bad impression.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Guess we'd better settle down, don't wanna make a bad impression.
Okay schnookums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dbreazeale

Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:02 pm

i just re-upped over there. waiting on some kinda confirmation email.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:14 am

Really sorry to hear about your travails.
Sometimes yer the fly; sometimes yer the windshield.

Do we need to sign up like the first time?
The site doesn't recognize my email address.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:05 am

Thanks for the kindness folks, it really helps knowing folk care. sunny

Hermit wrote:
Really sorry to hear about your travails.
Sometimes yer the fly; sometimes yer the windshield.

Do we need to sign up like the first time?
The site doesn't recognize my email address.

Being the fly sure smarts. affraid

It's a new database chap, the site is from scratch sadly, sorry about that, I really tried my hardest to get an old database file converted, just gave me 9 hours of aggravation and one hell of a headache, and all for nothing sadly. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:17 am

Sorry to hear of your woes! That's a good lookin' forum, you've got. If I wasn't already on 5 others, I'd probably sign up! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:21 pm

I like Kirk, and I like the Cubby. I'm only apart of BoB and the Cubby. I like having a "spillover" from BoB, where the pace is totally different but just as genuine. I've often equated it to my little English hamlet away from the hustle and bustle of BoB...good people over there, many of them also here on BoB, and we have good discussions.

Kirk, I'm glad things are getting squared away, I'm glad you're healing your heart (as painful as it is, I've been in that exact scenario, brother) and you aren't just giving up. Your fortitude is monumental, and therefore, I was proud to be one of the first that signed back up.

We'll get the content back up and running again, we'll post as we do, share our knowledge, stories, laughs, cries, and all the things a good forum should have...especially good folks, conversation and brotherhood...'

...cheers, Kirk, keep on truckin', friend.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:51 pm

Hey, this looks interesting! Gotta sign up there too. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:48 pm

beetlejazz wrote:
Hey, this looks interesting! Gotta sign up there too. Smile

WooHoo!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:46 am

Heya Kyle,

I am deeply touched by your kindness right there, it has been a staggeringly difficult and traumatic time recently and it has been a very dark and sorrow-filled path to walk, but I kept all you guys in my heart and this gave me the strength I needed to make it through. I am still very much struggling with the loss of my dear friend, but this is parr for the course really, having the added complications put upon me by some folk was unexpected and very troubling, but I still have my legs, it's amazing how being told your legs would get broken can encourage one to action.

In all truth, I wasn't going to re-form the Cubby, I felt so lost and so distressed by the sudden catastrophic turn of events in my live that I had no idea how I was going to cope with the nightmarish difficulties I faced. I quite literally came to think on many of the good folk I have come to know through the Cubby and it gave me the most peculiar feeling, I felt compelled to ensure I could turn my face to the storm and push through so I could get back to being with you guys, I guess that sounds stupid and pretty lame, but it's how it is, so there it is, mock me if you must, I shall understand.

Regards,
Kirk.

Kyle Weiss wrote:
I like Kirk, and I like the Cubby. I'm only apart of BoB and the Cubby. I like having a "spillover" from BoB, where the pace is totally different but just as genuine. I've often equated it to my little English hamlet away from the hustle and bustle of BoB...good people over there, many of them also here on BoB, and we have good discussions.

Kirk, I'm glad things are getting squared away, I'm glad you're healing your heart (as painful as it is, I've been in that exact scenario, brother) and you aren't just giving up. Your fortitude is monumental, and therefore, I was proud to be one of the first that signed back up.

We'll get the content back up and running again, we'll post as we do, share our knowledge, stories, laughs, cries, and all the things a good forum should have...especially good folks, conversation and brotherhood...'

...cheers, Kirk, keep on truckin', friend.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:03 am

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Kirk. My condolences. I hope you'll be able to work everything out.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:54 am

Hey there Kirk, I only just found this thread... I am very sorry for your loss. I cant imagine what you must have gone through. I know it can sound empty and clichéd, but if there's anything we can do, even if you just need somebody to talk to, please let us know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:15 am

MisterE wrote:
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Kirk. My condolences. I hope you'll be able to work everything out.

Thank you for your kind words, just taking everything day by day right now. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:42 am

Greyson wrote:
Hey there Kirk, I only just found this thread... I am very sorry for your loss. I cant imagine what you must have gone through. I know it can sound empty and clichéd, but if there's anything we can do, even if you just need somebody to talk to, please let us know.

Thanks for the kindness, really appreciated, a few of the chaps here are actually being incredibly kind in helping me out with a bit of a problem. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Kirk.

All bs aside.. it ain't that bad brother. Really, find a bright spot and just look at that.

The solution isn't as grand as grabbing the long sword and slaying the dragon or what not but it goes along way towards maintaining sanity.

Edited in: I lost my grandfather in October. It sucks.. BUT. I have his memory and his purple heart he earned in WW2. Bright spots of sanity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SkagitSmoke

Registration date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Wow, serious trauma to go through. It sounds like you're making it over the hump. I'm new here and obviously didn't know about the Cubby. Looks awesome. I think I'll sign myself up. Just be aware, I'm a CPA so you won't see much of me from January through April due to tax season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Kirk.

All bs aside.. it ain't that bad brother. Really, find a bright spot and just look at that.

The solution isn't as grand as grabbing the long sword and slaying the dragon or what not but it goes along way towards maintaining sanity.

Edited in: I lost my grandfather in October. It sucks.. BUT. I have his memory and his purple heart he earned in WW2. Bright spots of sanity.

I really appreciate your words right there, thank you, you know what really sucks, my Bro' committed suicide back in 1994, hurts just as much today as it did the day the police arrived to give me the news, I still wake up screaming some nights and end up crying for ages. For all the bravado I am able to muster on occasion, I am actually very quiet normally, I spend far too much time trying to cope with stuff I don't cope with too well, this'll make you laugh, you know how much you guys rib Kyle & Rob, it's those two guys who have managed to pull me out of my shell recently, if it weren't for those two wonderful chaps, I wouldn't have the nervous strength to even post here, weird huh!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:45 pm

SkagitSmoke wrote:
Wow, serious trauma to go through. It sounds like you're making it over the hump. I'm new here and obviously didn't know about the Cubby. Looks awesome. I think I'll sign myself up. Just be aware, I'm a CPA so you won't see much of me from January through April due to tax season.

You would be very welcomed, as would anyone here, the Cubby has kind of died off a bit, I don't think folk have quite forgiven me yet for losing heart, hopefully time will heal those wounds for folk and they'll get back into the swing of it there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Right so, here's the thing   Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Kirk Fitzgerald wrote:
You would be very welcomed, as would anyone here, the Cubby has kind of died off a bit, I don't think folk have quite forgiven me yet for losing heart, hopefully time will heal those wounds for folk and they'll get back into the swing of it there.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Right so, here's the thing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next