HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Something I learned (why I love this board)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:30 am

A long time ago I learned a lesson that for some reason, I need to keep learning over and over again. This lesson is important for me, because I have a tendency to get carried away into anger and competition. The lesson is fairly simple, and comes from a passage in the Christian scriptures. Spend time thinking about and dwelling on the good things in life, the things that matter, and are worthy of praise. I have also learned that when a person is responsible for these things, make sure and tell them, as it is so easy to get weary of doing well.

So...

let me just say that almost without exception, I have found the people on this board to be wonderful, generous, welcoming and kind people. I have experienced a warmth and a compassion here that is truly unique, and I am blessed to be a part of such a group of men and women. And I would like to take the time to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart, keep on keeping on brothers.

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:41 pm

As a former fighter that is a lesson I have had to learn as well. And like you I have to be reminded of it from time to time.

And I agree. This is one of the most, if not the most, caring and compassionate forum on the net.

You are a part of that group as well Rev.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Couldn't agree more. This board is home. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Actually I think Badger & Blade, Fountain Pen Network, and Nu-Vaper are more the kindest most caringest... Matter o fact according to xmark BoB is something like the 27,500 best forum. We defiantly have room to improve.. so get out there and care fellows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:21 pm

you heard him people, its time to step up your game, let get out there and show some love, but first

group hug

rev
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:23 pm

Lol... Knock off the group hug crap before you get Kyle started. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:21 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Lol... Knock off the group hug crap before you get Kyle started. Lol

OOOOOhhhh Kyle in a group hug. That's an absolutely horrifying image Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:40 pm

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Eff you guys.

Whoops, 27,501... Drat! Laughing

You know what? Piss on "best" rankings, I love this place and the people here because it's real. The love and respect come out of genuine circumstance, not a "goal to be the nicest." Could you imagine this place on a constant Disney-high? I'd quit post-haste. Laughing Cat's outta the bag, that's how to get rid of me, turn into a forum version of grandma's Precious Moments shelf.

Rev, we all do this together, success and failure. Share in its bounty, help with its (very minor) burdens. Smile This is a very special, unique and awesome place.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:46 pm

I love this place too! I feel I can somehow trust you guys to not to judge too quickly, and I don't need to please everyone all the time to be accepted. I feel I can somehow really be myself here. Embarassed I know, sappy. I love my bunch of pipe-smoking brothers, and my new sisters on the net. I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Screw you guys.

Okay fine this place is home for me too. People here are unlike anywhere else....er uh so I've heard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 pm

I know I visit here more then I do on G+, FB and Twitter. Rock on brothers! santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://geoffcorey.github.io
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:32 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Oops, too late! Kyle borne group hug deployed... Laughing

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:56 pm

Ah, yup.......

........just as long as we all don't have to hold hands and sing "We Are The World"........

....................that's when I leave!

SREEHC,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:09 pm

A little liquor loosens anyone's inhibitions...

...I just organize group hugs, I don't participate in them. Laughing

I love you, the Engineer of Awkwardness

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:37 pm

This board is great, but stop with the hugs. Ya'll smell like gravy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
the rev

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:48 pm

mmmmmmmm gravy

rev
Back to top Go down
beetlejazz

Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:52 pm

A group hug smelling of gravy, with a hint of herring? lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Yeah...this place is pretty awesome!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Agreed, I'm very happy I found this place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Great forum, Great people. Loads of solid info, advice, suggestions, humor, and some great BS as well. Wink

It's an all around pleasure to be a part of. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steveaux

Registration date : 2012-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:50 pm

Definitely a sense of community here.

A little rough on the wallet, though.

Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:31 am

Yep - great community spirit here on BOB. I feel very fortunate to have found the forum.

Nice sentiment Rev and thanks for the uplifting thread.

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leftover421

Registration date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:28 am

Yep! You BoB guys and girls are a great bunch. I felt welcome here on my very first post.

Thanks for this thread Rev! It just confirmed what I had already suspected; this is the best place on the web. IMO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:32 am

A good community with a good mix of knowledge and opinions!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Something I learned (why I love this board)   Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:58 am

This is a great board!

Its predecessor the Knox Board lived from ~2004-2007. When the company folded mods (principally Jason Huggett) started this board. The spirit of civilized discourse was brought here. One or two trolls have tried to stay, were fed, but finally left. There was also a split ~2009 when a group of members decided to leave. But overall it has been a civilized place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Something I learned (why I love this board)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1