HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Father of the year?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

Father of the year? Empty
PostSubject: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 7:30 pm

I just showed my son the fine art of eating uncooked Top Ramen by sprinkling powder from the flavor packet onto the dry noodles, making it nice and salty, then chowing down.
This was a childhood favorite meal of mine.
Coincidentally, I have no emotional attachment to food...
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Never tried them uncooked. I always boiled them, drained them, and then stirred in the seasoning packet.

If I get a wild hair one of these days I'll give your method a try...
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 7:40 pm

I suppose that would do if there weren't an old shoe or a chunk of lumber laying around to chew on.

Please don't tell us it tastes like chicken Laughing

Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Never tried them uncooked. I always boiled them, drained them, and then stirred in the seasoning packet.

If I get a wild hair one of these days I'll give your method a try...

And then add this to them. Father of the year? 49305-rooster%20sauce Good eatin'. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Simple Man wrote:
And then add this to them.
Good eatin'. Laughing

Yes Sir, that would definitely give them a kick. I've got some Louisiana Hot Sauce in the fridge, I guess that would do in a pinch.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:43 pm

If I didn't know better I'd say you boys must have been smokin Walnut. What else could explain such tasticular degradation? silent pale

Nick Fox

Registration date : 2012-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:23 am

I eat Ramen that way (Harlock's) at work for lunch or snacks.
Back to top Go down
Hawker

Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:10 pm

Harlock999 wrote:
I just showed my son the fine art of eating uncooked Top Ramen by sprinkling powder from the flavor packet onto the dry noodles, making it nice and salty, then chowing down.
This was a childhood favorite meal of mine.
Coincidentally, I have no emotional attachment to food...

My daughters been eating them that way since she was i kid. I always thought it was strange but now i see she's not alone.
Just like pipe's & tobacco, everyone has there own way that works for them & none are wrong.
Back to top Go down
Megaluddite

Megaluddite

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 10:38 am

I can't say I've ever tried them dry. But they do make up a good bit of my diet.

I do it differently to get a more balanced meal. Ahead of time I brown and drain some ground meat (usually a lot at a time.) I season it with misc. Chinese seasonings plus some hot chili sauce. I then freeze the lot, fluffing it a bit as it freezes so it does not harden into a solid mass.

On the day I intend to eat it, I boil up two packs of Ramen and drain off most of the liquid, adding the two flavor packets and mix. I squirt in another teaspoon or three of the chili sauce for more zing and stir.

I put one cup of the frozen meat mixture into the microwave to warm it up and add it to the Ramen noodles and mix thoroughly. Very tasty.

I eat it with a side order of kimchee, which I get from a local Asian market.

The wife and I call it "Kimchee Woop". Be careful with the hot chili sauce. It can get VERY hot if you aren't used to it. This is a particularlyi good meal if you have a cold. It WILL clear your head. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mr. Doody

Mr. Doody

Registration date : 2012-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 10:49 am

Quote :
Father of the year? 49305-rooster%20sauce Good eatin'. Laughing

rooster sauce FTW!

doody
Back to top Go down
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:34 am

1. Never tried Ramen quite that way, but I have crumbled the noodles over a stir fry before (probably just tossed the mix out).

2. There exists no food that is not made exponentially better by the liberal addition of sriracha.
Back to top Go down
Nick Fox

Nick Fox

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:34 am

idbowman wrote:

2. There exists no food that is not made exponentially better by the liberal addition of sriracha.

Hmm, I got one... cheesecake.

Smile sorry, I couldn't resist. It don't blend well, trust me.
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:04 am

Nick Fox wrote:
idbowman wrote:

Hmm, I got one... cheesecake.

Smile sorry, I couldn't resist. It don't blend well, trust me.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Greyson

Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:18 am

Could be... but you are running against this guy:

Back to top Go down
Nick Fox

Nick Fox

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:50 am

Greyson, no sarcasm intended so I hope you take none, that is impressive. I hope that when my son is older, that I could make stuff like that for him.
that being said, The Ramen still trumps it. I'm still eating Ramen that way, I can't eat my toys. It's the whole give a boy a fish, teach a boy to fish thing...
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:10 am

You know, that kid's dad is pretty cool, especially if he let
his son help out building it. My dad, whom I love very much,
would never let me lend a hand. To this day, at 91 years old, he still
has a hard time letting me help him.
All said, I won't lose much sleep losing father of
the year to the space station dad.
Three cheers to dads! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Nick Fox

Nick Fox

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:58 am

It's still kinda weird thinking of myself as a dad and my boy's only seven months old. I find myself watching him and wondering ... who's he gonna look like, me or his mama? What'll his hobbies be? What are his strengths and weaknesses going to be? Etc etc ... ...
And how do I teach him what it means and how to be a man. Most of those "big" lessons, I honestly feel like I don't really have mastered yet, let alone well enough to teach him.
Back to top Go down
Greyson

Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Father of the year?   Father of the year? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 6:10 am

Nick Fox wrote:
And how do I teach him what it means and how to be a man.

I'm still trying to figure that one out properly!
Back to top Go down

Father of the year?
Page 1 of 1