HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Might have a Lathe on the way

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bobostro61

Bobostro61

Registration date : 2012-10-28

Might have a Lathe on the way Empty
PostSubject: Might have a Lathe on the way   Might have a Lathe on the way EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:50 pm

Might be ordering a Rockler Excelsior mini lathe. Anyone out here have one? If you do, what do you think of it?
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Might have a Lathe on the way   Might have a Lathe on the way EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:34 pm

Bobostro61 wrote:
Might be ordering a Rockler Excelsior mini lathe. Anyone out here have one? If you do, what do you think of it?

Lol! Again, probably the wrong forum, buddy. You'll get some good responses over at PMF. If you look through the archives there, you'll find zillions of threads about lathes, which you may find helpful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dshpipes.com
Simple Man

Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Might have a Lathe on the way   Might have a Lathe on the way EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:41 pm

UHM is right, the pipe makers forum would have more craft specific answers to your question, but from my standpoint, I think it's a good lathe for the type of work I like to do. I had a little Jet mini lathe like that it it was perfect for my uses, which was making wooden lures. I don't know if that would translate well to pipe making though.

Jack
Back to top Go down
sand18f

sand18f

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Might have a Lathe on the way   Might have a Lathe on the way EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Might have a Lathe on the way Sb100911

My new pipe making lathe, I may be getting. lol!

Bill
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Might have a Lathe on the way   Might have a Lathe on the way EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:46 pm

sand18f wrote:

Bill

Jealous!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dshpipes.com
Bobostro61

Bobostro61

Registration date : 2012-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Might have a Lathe on the way   Might have a Lathe on the way EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:35 am

sand18f wrote:

Bill

I don't know if that one is suitable for doing stummel work. You could probably dedicate it to doing stem work only and get a bigger one for stummels.
Back to top Go down

Might have a Lathe on the way
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: