HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Am I losing the plot or what!?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Am I losing the plot or what!?!   Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Leo Tolstoy wrote:
Every family is unhappy in its own way.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
SkagitSmoke

Registration date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Am I losing the plot or what!?!   Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:15 pm

My mom comes from a dysfunctional family that liked to vent their perceived anger and blame on others. She made a conscious decision when she grew up that "the buck stops here". She refused to pass on that anger into her own family. As a result, I grew up in a pretty happy and cohesive family. My brother, sister, parents and I are all very close. We are happy when we gather and very loving.

My uncle, however, chose to continue down a path of anger and blame. He has more or less estranged himself from my mom and grandmother. I just don't understand why. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a similar clause in his will about my mom. She, like you, has never done anything to deserve that type of rancor. Sure, the rejection hurts her. No one can inflict the kind of emotional hurt like families can.

I can tell you have been through more trial and tribulations in your life than most people. Regardless of that, you still show a very deep level of humanity and love for others. I really admire that.

All of this rambling is to say that I hope you have made a the same conscious decision my mom made that you will not allow the anger, blame and negativity to continue into another generation. That you can change the direction of your own family into something better.

I wish the best of luck to you in your path of grief and healing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Am I losing the plot or what!?!   Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:51 am

SkagitSmoke wrote:
All of this rambling is to say that I hope you have made a the same conscious decision my mom made that you will not allow the anger, blame and negativity to continue into another generation. That you can change the direction of your own family into something better.

I am indeed on the same wavelength as you own mother, kudos and much respect to her too, you have a fine parent right there, I am very pleased for you, it is always heart warming to see some folk are getting it right in the World, your mother is doing it right, that is wonderful, you tell her from me that for what it may be worth, she has my admiration and respect, love and peace to you my friend. Smile I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Am I losing the plot or what!?!   Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:20 am

Every person who could keep a stiff upper lip had someone covering their back.

We got your back, Kirk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Am I losing the plot or what!?!   Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:28 am

gravel wrote:
We got your back, Kirk.

Good to know, so what blighter's got my pipe then, I put one down on the side last night and the ruddy thing's just vanished, that's 'vanished' not varnished, before anyone tries that one liner, I've looked every where, it's just 'gone', come on you lot, fess-up, who swiped it then!?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Am I losing the plot or what!?!   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:39 am

We probably got your pipe too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Am I losing the plot or what!?!   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:57 am

gravel wrote: