HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

End of the world, live feed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: End of the world, live feed.   Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:08 am

Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: End of the world, live feed.   Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Oh jeez...I completely missed the end of the world. Must've been too stoned, what with all the oxycodone an' evvihthang.

Isn't it standard operating procedure for the jerks who peddle this sort of mindless swill to come out with "clarification" as to why it didn't happen? I can't wait. That'll be some good comedy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: End of the world, live feed.   Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:31 pm

I dunno, but I think those Mayans are dead Laughing At least the ones who wrote the calendar. Of course they didn't set up the live internet feed, unless they came back on the mothership through a time warp.

I watched that live feed for a few minutes just out of curiosity. It was just a big ol dance party.

Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: End of the world, live feed.   Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:48 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
I dunno, but I think those Mayans are dead Laughing At least the ones who wrote the calendar...
The Mayans didn't originate the myth that the world would end in 2012. Indeed, many Mesoamerican scholars recognize that the false belief that the Maya calendar "predicts" the end of the world in 2012, December is the result of a misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, which is based on a series of "long count units" that repeat in cycles. The longest unit is the Alautun, which contains 63,081,429 solar years.

...uh, on that basis, I'd say that anyone who's expecting the end of the world based on the Maya calendar is in for a bit of a wait.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html

End of the world, live feed.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1