HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Chistmas & Pipes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
desertpiper

Registration date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Chistmas & Pipes   Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:26 pm

I might get my man card taken away, but I thought this was pretty cool of my wife to do. She bought me a Santa Claus pipe ornament. And I like it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Chistmas & Pipes   Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:37 pm

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!! Why would you get your man card taken away??? anything to do with Santa and a pipe after those idiots had a pipe taken out of the Night Before Christmas is FANTASTIC!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Chistmas & Pipes   Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:08 pm

Actually, pipes are very much a part of the historic image of Santa Claus, thanks to several authors, but primarily Clement Clarke Moore and Thomas Nast. I am surprised that the nannies have not been more focused in eliminating the pipe from these historic writings and images.

In the poem, "A Visit From St. Nick," more commonly known as "Twas the Night Before Christmas," Moore endears our favorite pastime with the line "The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth, And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath."

Nast on the other hand was a political cartoonist, and solidified the clay pipe in the modern image of St. Nick. Here is a copy of his most famous illustration, with Santa sporting a clay churchwarden.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Chistmas & Pipes   Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:23 pm

thats the picture that they put on the brochure for Manistee's Victorian Port City Sleigh-bell Parade
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Chistmas & Pipes   Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Dutch wrote:

Nast on the other hand was a political cartoonist, and solidified the clay pipe in the modern image of St. Nick. Here is a copy of his most famous illustration, with Santa sporting a clay churchwarden.

Santa looks stoned in the drawing.

No wonder milk and cookies are appreciated!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Chistmas & Pipes   Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:04 pm

You did'nt REALLY think he smoked tobacco in that pipe did you? You'd have to be stoned to do what he does in one night and just respond o it all with a "HO,HO,HO" Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Chistmas & Pipes   Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:08 pm

monbla256 wrote:
You did'nt REALLY think he smoked tobacco in that pipe did you? You'd have to be stoned to do what he does in one night and just respond o it all with a "HO,HO,HO" Twisted Evil

Preaching to the choir!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Chistmas & Pipes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: