HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:33 am

Why am I not at all surprised..... Rolling Eyes

A group of smoking fans set Madonna on a fiery rant in Santiago, Chile on Wednesday.

The singer was soundchecking when she noticed that some in the crowd had lit cigarrettes. After suddenly cutting off her performance of "Human Nature," she began berating the crowd.

"There are people smoking right now," she said. "No smoking. If you're going to smoke cigarettes, I'm not doing a show. You don't care about me, I don't care about you. All right? Are we going to play that game? I'm not kidding. I can't sing if you smoke ... You're looking right at me and smoking cigarettes, like I'm a stupid f---ing idiot," Madonna said, then stormed off the stage."

According to THR, footage of the incident was posted on YouTube and later deleted.

One might expect Madonna to be in a bit of a better mood: Her MDNA Tour came in at No. 1 on the list of highest-grossing tours for 2012. She performed for over 1.6 million fans and dialed up $228.4 million in sales.

At the Miami stop of the tour, fans began wondering if she would even show up. She did -- only about three hours later than scheduled.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/madonna-threatens-smokers-chile_n_2344902.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HCraven

Registration date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:04 am

Ah, if only second-hand smoke were as dangerous as they say...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soylentgreen

Registration date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:28 am

Dutch wrote:
You're looking right at me and smoking cigarettes, like I'm a stupid f---ing idiot," Madonna said, then stormed off the stage."

Hey, I agree with Madonna Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:40 am

Sounds like a bit of the Diva showing, so its a totally out of proportion reaction, but I agree with her on the substance... assuming its a no smoking venue. If its a free smoking area then she doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:38 am

Hell, she's 54 and probably going thru menopause so what would ya expect Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:09 pm

How ridiculous. How much smoke has she inhaled from explosions onstage, fog onstage, pot smoke during concerts. 1 guy lights a cigarette and she flips her lid? C'mon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:08 pm

Greyson wrote:
Sounds like a bit of the Diva showing, so its a totally out of proportion reaction, but I agree with her on the substance... assuming its a no smoking venue. If its a free smoking area then she doesn't have a leg to stand on.

I doubt they have non smoking venues in Chili, I agree with Monbla, but then again she was always a diva B****.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:03 pm

I think Monbla nailed it. Menopause. Laughing

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:25 pm

to hell with her.... Shes the reason I lost my eye..... Well that was Blackhorses theory anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:50 pm

Monbla for the win. Laughing I liked young, rebellious Madonna, but the finger-wagging nanny Madonna is kind of a drag.... heh... pun intended.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:04 pm

I guess she figured her little stunt would make news.
Desperately seeking attention. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Doody

Registration date : 2012-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:25 pm

not that ms. m needs anybody to defend her, but i'm willing to bet that her contract stipulates this sort of thing (if you've never seen a performance contract from top-tier performers, they're often pretty entertaining reading). so if the venue wasn't enforcing what they contractually agreed to, that's their problem, and she's completely within her rights to not perform.

for all we know, she probably has other weird constraints in her contract (I remember someone back when had a "no green M&Ms" clause) in there and it's just part of the process.

if you made your living based on your vocal cords*, you might be a PITA about it too.

doody.

* yeah, i know she doesn't - and probably never did - but you know what i mean!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soylentgreen

Registration date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Mr. Doody wrote:

for all we know, she probably has other weird constraints in her contract (I remember someone back when had a "no green M&Ms" clause) in there and it's just part of the process.

See here for Van Halen's green M&M clause.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_halen#Contract_riders

I can see their side if this story is true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Nobody who's slept with Sean Penn should be trusted to tell you what to put in your body.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:09 pm

Madonna: Don't let the door hit you in your bony ass on the way out!
I love almost all music, but those concert goers can consider themselves lucky for an abbreviated show....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slartibartfast

Registration date : 2011-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
Nobody who's slept with Sean Penn should be trusted to tell you what to put in your body.

lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers   Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Eff Madonna.

Kyle is right, back in the day she was pretty cool! I don't like the older and grouchy Madonna either...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Madonna Threatens to Cancel Show Because of Smokers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1